Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MAC Items Being Discontinued in 2013 Discussion

  1. #1
    Senior Member Mac-Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    La Ville-Lumière
    Posts
    11,369

    MAC Items Being Discontinued in 2013 Discussion

    ... time for a new chopping block thread
    PRO King of Blending




  2. #2
    Looks like some permanent shades of lipstick and lipglass have been moved to be included under the limited edition tab. My guess is that all of those will be discontinued in 2013. Lipstick colors: Naked Paris, Sheer Plum, Spice is Nice, Chic, Coconutty, Shag, Gleam, Chai, Shock-o-late, and Mad Cap.

    I saw the same with the eyeshadow section. Colors in Eyeshadow: Goldenrod, Samoa Silk, Sunny Spot, Winkle, Bitter, Purple Haze, Digit, Kid, Brown Down.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Mac-Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    La Ville-Lumière
    Posts
    11,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Shantastic View Post
    Looks like some permanent shades of lipstick and lipglass have been moved to be included under the limited edition tab. My guess is that all of those will be discontinued in 2013. Lipstick colors: Naked Paris, Sheer Plum, Spice is Nice, Chic, Coconutty, Shag, Gleam, Chai, Shock-o-late, and Mad Cap.

    I saw the same with the eyeshadow section. Colors in Eyeshadow: Goldenrod, Samoa Silk, Sunny Spot, Winkle, Bitter, Purple Haze, Digit, Kid, Brown Down.
    I guess you are right.
    PRO King of Blending




  4. #4
    Really, Shock o late? That's a great color! And Brown Down, I like it too. I'll have to grab those ASAP
    Tried and True HG products: M.A.C Face and Body, MUFE Camo Cream #20, Ben Nye Banana Powder, MAC 208 brush, Wet and Wild Mega Eyes Cream Eyeliner, MAC 168 brush, MAC fix+, NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Primer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  5. #5
    Senior Member tattletale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    outer space
    Posts
    154
    i will see about getting a new discontinued list! i have also heard bamboom paint is as well

  6. #6
    Senior Member Paisly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United states :)
    Posts
    356
    I just think its strange that they are discontinuing kid. That shade seems like it would be a great seller considering its a universal shade. I personally love it. I use it for everything, especially as a transitioning color. I'll have to pick up a few BUs

  7. #7
    It also looks like some pigments are going away: Sour Lemon, Chocolate Brown, Antique Green, Pink Bronze, Frozen White. I'm surprised, I thought that pink bronze was pretty popular. Unless these were limited edition from a collection, it looks like they are also on the chopping block.

  8. #8
    ....oh no, I love Frozen White!

    Have to get more BUs as long as I can!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shantastic View Post
    It also looks like some pigments are going away: Sour Lemon, Chocolate Brown, Antique Green, Pink Bronze, Frozen White. I'm surprised, I thought that pink bronze was pretty popular. Unless these were limited edition from a collection, it looks like they are also on the chopping block.
    #TeamBuyAllTheThingsThatILove

  9. #9
    I looked today and they've moved all of the above mentioned products to the goodbyes section. Spring Bean and Ornamental. Cushy and 80% cremestick liners, #10 in Matchmaster, 249 bush, Soulfully Rich Prolongwear lip creme, Endless Drama PLWLC, Made to Last PLWLC will also be gone.

  10. #10
    Senior Member TwistedFaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    512
    Spring Bean and Shock-o-Late! *screams* Shock-o-Late was my first Mac lipglass...I wore it everyday 10+ years ago. I just ordered one...I hate to see it go.

  11. #11
    Spring Bean! I will have to grab one for old times sake. Had one, used it all and never went back because it was always around. It was always so pretty on me, and a very unique color. Now is the time to haul another one. I'm torn between Shock- o-Late or just grabbing OCC Sybil and wearing a sheer coat of that.
    Tried and True HG products: M.A.C Face and Body, MUFE Camo Cream #20, Ben Nye Banana Powder, MAC 208 brush, Wet and Wild Mega Eyes Cream Eyeliner, MAC 168 brush, MAC fix+, NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Primer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  12. #12
    Senior Member Icecaramellatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,281
    Wow! Coconutty and Shag? Those are some old time favorites. I could just kick myself. I just put in an order but didn't check the Goodbyes list since I had checked it recently. I guess I will be ordering again.
    NC 43 in Studio Fix/NC 44 in Select Tint TeamBuyAllTheHighlighters https://instagram.com/icedcaramellatte1/

  13. #13
    Senior Member 2browneyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,291
    I cannot believe they're discontinuing 80% lip liner. I love it!!!!!!!! It was my first MAC lip liner. Still remember the day I went to the counter and purchased it with Star Nova lipgloss....
    Eyes lined...lips glossed
    NARS blush junkie

  14. #14
    Senior Member kimibos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    4,643
    i need to get those pigments and the brush!

  15. #15
    Senior Member Yazmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,840
    The brush is sold out. I had it in my cart since last night and when I went back, it was gone!

  16. #16
    Senior Member kimibos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    4,643
    it shows as available but they dont let you add it to the cart. i may go to the store soon to get it.

  17. #17
    Senior Member TheLadyDanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    369
    Magically Cool Liquid powders are being discontinued as well -- I love Honey Rose as a highlight! Sad Kid and Samoa Silk are being discontinued too.. I love those two as a transition/blending color along with Soft Brown.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Mac-Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    La Ville-Lumière
    Posts
    11,369
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLadyDanger View Post
    Magically Cool Liquid powders are being discontinued as well -- I love Honey Rose as a highlight! Sad Kid and Samoa Silk are being discontinued too.. I love those two as a transition/blending color along with Soft Brown.
    I'm not surprised. They've been at CCO's for at least a year or longer. If you want to BU, it might be worth checking your local CCO's.
    PRO King of Blending




  19. #19
    Senior Member valkolak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    696
    I have to get it too. It looks like it would be a gorgeous face highlight. I can't decide if I should get multiple bus now of these pigments or just one vial each and then wait until they hit CCOs. My CCO never seems to get anything good

  20. #20
    Senior Member hazyday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLadyDanger View Post
    Magically Cool Liquid powders are being discontinued as well -- I love Honey Rose as a highlight! Sad Kid and Samoa Silk are being discontinued too.. I love those two as a transition/blending color along with Soft Brown.
    Honey Rose is my FAVORITE highlight. I don't know if I'll ever run out of the one I have, but I ordered a back up. My first is from CCO but it was gone the last time I was there.

  21. #21
    Senior Member Yazmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,840
    I saw these at my CCO and wondered if they worked or not. They even had Cajun, which I think might work with my skin tone as an all over powder, otherwise it may make a great highlight. I'm going to have to go back and check it out.

  22. #22
    Senior Member erine1881's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    19,184
    Quote Originally Posted by sss215 View Post
    Spring Bean! I will have to grab one for old times sake. Had one, used it all and never went back because it was always around. It was always so pretty on me, and a very unique color. Now is the time to haul another one. I'm torn between Shock- o-Late or just grabbing OCC Sybil and wearing a sheer coat of that.
    Go with Sybil! It's sooo gorgeous! I wear it full on full coverage! Even a sheer coat will wear longer than Shock-o-late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmin View Post
    I saw these at my CCO and wondered if they worked or not. *They even had Cajun, which I think might work with my skin tone as an all over powder, otherwise it may make a great highlight. *I'm going to have to go back and check it out.
    I'd say it'll work best as a highlight vs an all over face powder. T&L is the only one of the three that has less shimmer, making it a oerfect all over powder for lighter skin tones.
    black is such a happy colour

  23. #23
    Member AllyDVon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    80
    Guess I have to run out to MAC ASAP. :s Gotta get some stuff before its gone ;(
    NC 20, Auburn, blue/green eyes Addicted to lippies and blushes

  24. #24
    Junior Member LifeInsatiable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    16
    Pink Bronze! Noo! I need to get my hands on that asap!
    Also a bit surprised they are getting rid of Kid and Brown Down!
    Bet they will repromote these shades and sell out with in micro seconds!

  25. #25
    Senior Member singer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,025
    Well since their doing this I wonder if were getting some le things perm soon! Hope their good!
    ♡Team Purple♡ Lipstick Addict/ Pigment, ED, & Shadow Lover/ Musicaholic MUFE HD 117 Instagram: singer_82- add me!

  26. #26
    Gleam lipstick is one of my favorites, I use is as a nude lip. It is a beautiful Silvery lavender on my lips. Slightly cool toned.
    Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what I could use to get this effect?

  27. #27
    Junior Member ajalevis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    7
    I have no ideas about . I have to check it out. If it so then I will definitely look for lip colors.

  28. #28
    Senior Member erine1881's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    19,184
    Quote Originally Posted by singer82 View Post
    Well since their doing this I wonder if were getting some le things perm soon! Hope their good!
    Hopefully some of em will be the latest colours! ...heroine, reel sexy, quick sizzle...and bring back the mattenes and keep em!!!
    black is such a happy colour

  29. #29
    Senior Member BuickMackane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    aboard the fotnmc
    Posts
    2,832
    Well, it was about time I got that Styledriven PLW e/s...

  30. #30
    Senior Member Medgal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    31,293
    Quote Originally Posted by kimibos View Post
    i need to get those pigments and the brush!
    I was able to nab the brush, 80% lip liner & the Chocolate Brown pigment---all arrived today. Still awaiting the Pink Bronze pigment.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •