MAC Items Being Discontinued in 2013 Discussion

MACina

icon_eek.gif
....time to get BUs!

I love,love,love Weathered
love.gif

tea petal is also being d/c as well as weathered PLW (I thought people loved this?).

Pinkdollface

I quickly grabbed Pink Bronze and Winkle before they were gone. Already had Samoa Silk, Brown Down and Goldenrod. Goldenrod I actually don't use much, but I'm sad to see the other two go. I don't think I need BU's but still. From the pigments I had Antique Green and Golden Lemon already. I might still need Chocolate Brown, but I don't need BU's of pigments. They last for so long!

Judy Blue

It makes no sense that they're discontinuing Kid, its such a basic shade, its a MUST in any make up kit (especially as a transition color on smokey eyes!!)

Mac-Guy

The good-bye section really seems to boost sales :)

I'm sure that most stores will have those d/c shades in stock. After that, we'll probably find them at CCO's. I would not worry too much about d/c items unless it is your HG product.

Medgal07

The good-bye section really seems to boost sales :)

I'm sure that most stores will have those d/c shades in stock. After that, we'll probably find them at CCO's. I would not worry too much about d/c items unless it is your HG product.
Brilliant marketing & sales strategy
greengrin.gif
. It works...I jumped (rather,leapt) right on that train.
choochoo.gif

sss215

The good-bye section really seems to boost sales :) I'm sure that most stores will have those d/c shades in stock. After that, we'll probably find them at CCO's. I would not worry too much about d/c items unless it is your HG product.
so true, some stores keep DC'd items around for a while. Spring Bean and Shock o late are still on counters.

MckinneyMini

That is why they discontinue it
poke.gif
. They know people will run out and buy a bunch in fear that it won't come back . Think about it, when you buy an eyeshadow it lasts you years and you only buy it once, but if they discontinue it then they can get people to buy 2, 3, or even 4 eyeshadows that they normally wouldn't have run out of or bought. Its a great marketing strategy. They basically get people to
mac_atemywallet.gif

People also get excited about collecting "rare" items and pay a pretty penny, but then they eventually bring back the color and that eyeshadow you thought was so rare is now worth no more than any of the other eyeshadows. A great example of this is Guacamole. That eyeshadow was going for so much money a year ago and now they brought it back and everyone who paid a pretty penny for it is sitting there with an eyeshadow worth $15 that they may have paid $50 or more for
ebay.gif

Its all just marketing.

sss215

That is why they discontinue it :poke: . They know people will run out and buy a bunch in fear that it won't come back . Think about it, when you buy an eyeshadow it lasts you years and you only buy it once, but if they discontinue it then they can get people to buy 2, 3, or even 4 eyeshadows that they normally wouldn't have run out of or bought. Its a great marketing strategy. They basically get people to :macwallet: . People also get excited about collecting "rare" items and pay a pretty penny, but then they eventually bring back the color and that eyeshadow you thought was so rare is now worth no more than any of the other eyeshadows. A great example of this is Guacamole. That eyeshadow was going for so much money a year ago and now they brought it back and everyone who paid a pretty penny for it is sitting there with an eyeshadow worth $15 that they may have paid $50 or more for :ebay: .  Its all just marketing.
It's good marketing and people tend to grab their favs, but eventually, buyers will get hip to the fact that there are tons of similar colors by other brands out there that will suffice. MAC is no longer the only pro brand with every color under the sun and a pro discount. I say grab 1 of your faves and shop around. There has got to be an alternative color out there. MUFE and Inglot are offering some great alternatives with great color payoffs. I am over the discontinuing of color products. Constant limited edition colors have prepared me for the worse I guess.

kittenish

I can't even imagine how pissed people will be to find out the a lot of the darker shades are being d/c. nw50 studio sculpt?
blink.gif

Mac-Guy

I can't even imagine how pissed people will be to find out the a lot of the darker shades are being d/c. nw50 studio sculpt?
blink.gif
Unfortunately, the very light shades (NW5-10) and the very dark shades (NW50-55) are usually the first ones to go in foundations and powders. If this is your HG foundation, you might want to stock up (depending on how often you use foundation). Luckily, a lot of these shades will end up at CCO's and stay there for a while.

Patricia

just to clear things up, the lovely Bliur from this forum just let me know that Soft Brown was indeed discontinued in most countries in Europe a couple of years ago.... how did I not know this???
icon_eek.gif
anyway, it's still available in the US

thank God for ebay!
ebay.gif

Latest posts