Operation "Use it up"! All welcome!!

leonah

I need to hop on this thread as I usually buy more and more and just pile everything. the only things that I get a lot of empties of is skincare products and other hygiene/shower stuff but I have a hard time to use up my makeup except for maybe brow gels, mineralize powders, mascara and concealers

VAL4M

hello everyone,
Its been a while since I post, been super crazy lately. I've return to work after Maternity leave and all my family started to be sick, right now everyone are coughing and have runny nose! :(. So I will try to post some pictures tomorrow of my empties for the last 2 months. I also have a hard time to finish makeup items. I started a project ''pan that palette'' last february and one year after I kind of fail my project. Not only I didn't finish any palette I didn't finish 1 eyeshadow!!. But I did learn, 1. I'm done with Dior quint, I used to love them but after panning Petal Pink and Spring Bouquet, I realized some eyeshadows are too shimmery and they just look all the same on the eyes and they do crease. I will keep my quint and try to used certain shade as highlighter. I did prefer Lancome 2 quads over Dior's, but they are starting to dry up so eyeshadows are more dusty and sheer out easily.
After using those eyeshadows for more then a year pretty much exclusively, i'm now so happy to used my other palettes, in February I started to used more my Le Metier de Beauty quads, The Balm palettes and MUFE palette and I just love them so much!!! What a difference from Diors and Lancome eyeshadows. So, good experience! but i'm not sure I will do a pan that palette challenge in the future.

VAL4M

View attachment 52763
My Jan and Feb empties
1) Guerlain Parure extreme foundation ( discontinued)
2)Aveeno Baby moisture cream (took me forever to finish)
3) Neostrata Clarigying solution aka acid toner (HG)
4) Deluxe sample Bliss Fabulous foaming face wash (didn't like it, it has little bids it is to rough on my sensitive skin)
5)Deluxe sample Tarta Harper Purifying cleanser (LOVE IT I purchase the full size)
6) Laura Mercier Secret camouflage SC-3 (have a back up)
7) Eminence arctic berry advanced Peel (i did repurchased great peel once a week)
8) Deluxe sample Caudalie Vinoperfect radiance serum (meh)
9) Kibio early wrinkle cream (discountinued)
10)Deluxe sample Caudalie eye cream (again meh i'm just not a fan on Caudalie I just think they do not do anything for me)
11)Maybelline Voluminous power waterproof mascara (meh)
12) Deluxe sample Benefit they're Real mascara (I like it)
13) 4 sample of Darphin Intral Serum and cream for redness relief (I really like those)

thefbomb

You all have been doing great so far!
Ive done pretty well in terms of not buying much but I am struggling to use up some makeup items like lipsticks and blushes, but Im trying.
I have used a few skin care and shower items which is something, at least.
Right now Im trying to use up a face mist from LUSH and it's taking me longer than I expected

VAL4M

You all have been doing great so far!
Ive done pretty well in terms of not buying much but I am struggling to use up some makeup items like lipsticks and blushes, but Im trying.
I have used a few skin care and shower items which is something, at least.
Right now Im trying to use up a face mist from LUSH and it's taking me longer than I expected

The thing about finishing lipsticks and blush is to used one until you are done with them. Lipstick you can used a couple at the time but a blush I finished one this year and it took me almost 10months of constant used, EVERYDAY FOR 10 MONTH and I had that blush for years before I decide to pan it so it was it wasn't even brand new. :shocked:

B

Buffy89

The thing about finishing lipsticks and blush is to used one until you are done with them. Lipstick you can used a couple at the time but a blush I finished one this year and it took me almost 10months of constant used, EVERYDAY FOR 10 MONTH and I had that blush for years before I decide to pan it so it was it wasn't even brand new. :shocked:

It's so shocking if I think how many years of blush I own, I guess more than 25. Of course, they'll be dry and unusable then. It's so wasteful. My shopping behaviour has improved soooo much, but I still like to purchase a blush every few months.

thefbomb

Yes blushes are so tough to use up! Kudos to you for finishing up! Its been a challenge, Ive been trying to wear the same few blushes every time I wear blush but there is definitely no end in sight yet. 10 months is a long time to wear the same blush everyday!
Lipstick is a little easier but still tough. Im trying to use up Rebel from MAC right now, it was the first MAC lipstick i ever purchased. I only have a tiny but left, I should be finishing up soon but Ive been wearing it all the time, Im trying not to get bored of it so i keep mixing it with other lipsticks.

thefbomb

It's so shocking if I think how many years of blush I own, I guess more than 25. Of course, they'll be dry and unusable then. It's so wasteful. My shopping behaviour has improved soooo much, but I still like to purchase a blush every few months.

Same here! I have so many blushes and they take so long to use up. Ive been trying to clean up my collection though so i gave a few to my sister, makes me feel a bit better :p. Ive changed up my shopping too. Theres so many blushes Ive wanted, the newer TooFaced ones, a few MAC ones, but I keep checking to see if I have dupes or a close enough dupe to try to ease up on my blush purchasing. Blush is definitely one of my weaknesses

JulieDiva

awesome thread. I need to use up my stash, and stop buying more. How many nude lipsticks and misty mauve blushes can one face wear???

VAL4M

Yes blushes are so tough to use up! Kudos to you for finishing up! Its been a challenge, Ive been trying to wear the same few blushes every time I wear blush but there is definitely no end in sight yet. 10 months is a long time to wear the same blush everyday!
Lipstick is a little easier but still tough. Im trying to use up Rebel from MAC right now, it was the first MAC lipstick i ever purchased. I only have a tiny but left, I should be finishing up soon but Ive been wearing it all the time, Im trying not to get bored of it so i keep mixing it with other lipsticks.

Thanks! but really I think it is more difficult to wear the same lipstick everyday, then a the same blush... makeup is such a personal thing. isn't rebel a dark purple? I've pan several lipstick this year but none were dark! I'm almost done Dior Rita beige and Guerlain Grenadine shine and both are sheer lipstick that I can reapply several time a day.

VAL4M

awesome thread. I need to use up my stash, and stop buying more. How many nude lipsticks and misty mauve blushes can one face wear???
the good thing about nude lipstick is that they go with everything so easy to finish .... the misty mauve blushes is more difficult to finish .... for me it is red lipstick I really need to stop buying those!

B

Buffy89

20160401_114236.jpg

Hey everybody, how has your month been? I'm posting my March update now. Sorry for the messy picture upload. I tried to fix it, but didn't manage.

March empties:
- Fructis damage repair shampoo & conditioner: might repurchase one day
- Lush American Cream conditioner: I love the fragrance, but my hair doesn't really like the product. Won't repurchase
- Kneipp Orange Blosson shower foam: this is really nice. Definitely will repurchase it, but I'd like to try other shower products first
- Mac Cleanse Off Oil Tranquil: Repurchased it already
- Balea In-Shower Body Lotion Vanilla: The smell was lovely and it might be a good product for summertime. Will repurchase it in case it's not discontinued (LE) and after finishing the sh*tload of richer lotions I still got to use up
- Soap & Glory Pulp Friction shower scrub: I've opened my backup now. Cannot repurchase it because S&G isn't available here any more. I've noticed that I rather like a scrubby sponge/glove with my regular shower gel than pre-made scrubs
- YSL Babydoll Mascara sample: this was quite nice, but heavily scented. I prefer fragrance free makeup products
- Chloe and Jimmy Choo Flash perfume samples: liked them both, might buy the Chloe after finishing more perfumes
- Escada Especially Escada solid perfume (the golden compact): got this as a GWP. It was quite difficult to use and had tons of pink pigment in it. The scent was quite pleasant.

Attachments

• 20160401_114144.jpg
    20160401_114144.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

VAL4M

I finish a lipstick Dior Rita Beige!!! :wootrock: it is like my 3rd in the last 6 months. so pretty proud of myself as for the pictures I'm waiting to have more product finished!

B

Buffy89

I finish a lipstick Dior Rita Beige!!! :wootrock: it is like my 3rd in the last 6 months. so pretty proud of myself as for the pictures I'm waiting to have more product finished!

Oh wow! That must feel great! Did you use other lipsticks in a rotation, too, or just those three?
I'm working on a Chubby Stick at the moment, but it will take another two weeks or so, it's harder than I expected.

VAL4M

Oh wow! That must feel great! Did you use other lipsticks in a rotation, too, or just those three?
I'm working on a Chubby Stick at the moment, but it will take another two weeks or so, it's harder than I expected.
I looked back at my pictures and it is more 3 lipsticks in 9 months ... but what I did is I took a couple of lipsticks that were the most used and really concentrate on those. I only used 2 on heavy rotation, a pinkish one and another one more peach. I like to have a warm tone lipstick if I do a warm tone look and a more pinkish lipstick If i do a more cool tone look. And as soon I finished one lipstick i pick another one to replace it. I have a couple of lipsticks really well used waiting to be on the rotation that I know will be finished in the next 2-3 months, but after those it will take longer for me to finish a lipstick. I was supposed to finish a deep red lipstick 5 months ago and I didn't see any progress on that one. :(

SandraVB79

Honestly, I don't expect to ever finish a makeup product other than foundation and powder.

I have 3 months worth of empties, just have to take pictures of them.

VAL4M

Hi
Here my Pan that palette project
Started Feb 2015 and kind of stop of always using those palette around Feb 2016
i still using them but not as heavily

FEB 2015 View attachment 53308 View attachment 53309

Jan 2016
View attachment 53310 View attachment 53311 View attachment 53312 View attachment 53313

Now April 2nd 2016
View attachment 53316 View attachment 53315 View attachment 53314 View attachment 53317

Dior Lighter eyeshadows I'm using them as highlighter on my face so that why we see more pan.
Also the lancome palette the peach eyeshadow, I started using it as blush

Last edited:

iqaganda

Long time no post in this thread, but I wanted to join to “use it all up.” I am guessing I have to choose five things in targetting for using:

• Diorsnow UV Shield BB Creme (I want to love this BB Cream so badly.. Because it is one of those BB Creams that doesn’t give you a white cast and has good coverage for a BB Cream, but the problem is, it’s too oily for my combination skin!) I’m almost done with this bottle, since I’ve been trying to use a lot of this during the winter time, and hopefully, I can finish this before summer comes. :D
  • Nichido Pressed Powder - I got this powder when I went for a holiday back in the Philippines and bought tons of backups since the oil control of this is quite good. I’m down to my last backup and I don’t think I will be repurchasing this because instead of feeling happy using it, I feel it’s more like, I’m using it to finish my stash. Also, repurchasing will be a nightmare for me if I decide to do so since I can’t get it anywhere here in Hong Kong.
  • Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer - I don’t know why, this primer is not even empty yet! I use it the same time I use my Revlon Photoready Foundation but it seems, I finished two bottles already and it’s still here! I really wanted to get this done since I won’t be repurchasing this item. It has good oil control, but at the end of the day, it makes my face feeling itchy that I just can’t stop scratching.
  • Kiko Cream Radiance Highlighter 02 Alluring Sand - I know I just got this during Christmas 2015, but I think I would rather prefer on using powder highlighters than this. It’s hard to blend and full of sparkles. Also, I don’t have a brush to go with this.
  • Last but not the least, I think I want to include my MAC Big Brow Pencil in Cork in here. I was thrilled to get it, but once I started using it, quite disappointing. Not good for oily skin, as the pigment in the brow pencil doesn’t really stick on my face!

I had the tendency of hoarding (yes, hoarding! not shopping! lol) foundations a LOT… So this year, I try to make a rule for myself that if I get to finish 3 foundations from my stash, then, that’s the time I can buy 1 foundation in return. I really wanted to buy the new NARS Tinted Moisturizer, but with this rule, I have to sleep it off. :)

thefbomb

I don't have many empties this month as per usual lately.

View attachment 53952

I just finihed a few 100ml body washes and an in shower moisturizer. I wanted to show more empties so I added my finished vitamins haha.

although I didn't finish many items I did make progress on a bunch of items. I think next month I'll have more empties. I'm really trying to use things up

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

I'm new to this thread. I've been working on finishing a lot of samples and skin care items ATM. Last night I finished the Caolion pore pack duo. I also finished a Glam Glow Youth Cleanse sample, several Omorovicza cleansing balm samples, several primer/eye primer samples, and a couple mascara samples. I used up my Dr. Gross alpha beta peels. So we'll call that April.

For May, I'm working to finish a Royal Apothic eye cream, a couple Philosophy moisturizers, some cleanser samples, and a Sunday Riley Good Genes sample. I also hope to use up a few more mascara samples and continue to put a serious dent in my MAC Golden a Rinse bronzer now that the weather has turned more summer-like. I may finish up my Clinique Take the Day Off balm soon, too! (LOVE, BTW and will definitely repurchase once I use up another balm I received in s sub box).

Latest posts