2013 Beauty Resolutions

Ambre Tucker

Lol I also need to use up and not buy but it's so difficult with all these cute desirable things coming out lol any ideas or tricks?

ma146rina

Lol I also need to use up and not buy but it's so difficult with all these cute desirable things coming out lol any ideas or tricks?
I made a list of things that i want from the collections to come and i'm going to try to stick to it.I'm an impulse shopper so when i have a list i can control myself a little bit better.
oh.gif

kpxgenie

Use foundation and take better care of my skin.
You know...I noticed that using foundation actually helped my skin a bit (didn't start using til I was 23. I feel like I was exposing my bare skin to the harsh environment & foundation created a barrier to that.

sagehen

You know...I noticed that using foundation actually helped my skin a bit (didn't start using til I was 23. I feel like I was exposing my bare skin to the harsh environment & foundation created a barrier to that.
I agree with this. First off, the barrier created by the foundation, and second, making sure to cleanse my skin (to remove makeup) has helped because I do it so much more thoroughly and regularly.

MaitaiFluff

I am having to do that with all the collections coming out in the next 3 months. I hope this will help control the impulse spending, if I see all the $$ I have already planned to spend. I agree with this. First off, the barrier created by the foundation, and second, making sure to cleanse my skin (to remove makeup) has helped because I do it so much more thoroughly and regularly.
Going to bed with makeup on used to be a horrible habit for me. I remember though that my skin was happiest when I would go for long morning jogs. The sweat would push all the bad stuff out. I just need to get motivated enough and go back to my old good habits. I'll tack that on to my beauty resolution for this year as well.

Paint&Ink Chick

I don't wear mu every day,so when I do I'd like to use my shadows more. And I've been trying to buy things I'll just use,master eyeliner lol. And get back on my work out regiment!

Ambre Tucker

I made a list of things that i want from the collections to come and i'm going to try to stick to it.I'm an impulse shopper so when i have a list i can control myself a little bit better.
oh.gif
I wouldn't call myself an impulse shopper there are times I go into a cosmetics store and leave with nothing my vice is "sales". Like the clearence bin on here lol if its a good price and I'm even remotely interested in it ill normally buy it. I set a goal for myself I can purchase whatever I want until Tomorrow but I won't buy unless its on my necessary list until I've hit pan or used up 3 products. Hey you have to start small lol.

Ambre Tucker

oh.gif
I wouldn't call myself an impulse shopper there are times I go into a cosmetics store and leave with nothing my vice is "sales". Like the clearence bin on here lol if its a good price and I'm even remotely interested in it ill normally buy it. I set a goal for myself I can purchase whatever I want until Tomorrow but I won't buy unless its on my necessary list until I've hit pan or used up 3 products. Hey you have to start small lol.

Autumn

Buy no more Eyeshadows and Blushes until I hit pan on both. And trust me that is going to be hard when I have hardly dented any shadows/blushes I have.

baghdad81

Good progress on my front. Started using sunscreen, paint pots and mascara. Also starting to sell of excess of my makeup collection.

lilinah

1. Follow my evening skin care routine every night!

I never had a regular skin care routine when i was young, because my skin was usually pretty good. I had a slightly oily T-zone, which was easy to deal with, and the occasional zit due to menstrual cycle or stress.

But when i hit 60, i decided i needed to start taking care of my skin, especially when i noticed i had a dark patch on each side of my jaw line and several dark spots starting high on my cheek bones and aligned down and forward in the hollows of my cheeks.

So i worked on developing a skin care routine. I started with drug store products i'd heard good things about (too much damned perfume!). Then i discovered sephora ($$$). Finally i found beautypedia.com, where products are reviewed based on the efficacy of their ingredients. Now i have a collection of products i'm happy with, and i occasionally experiment with new ones.

I'm excellent at following my routine in the AM - and i NEVER go out the door without sunscreen - i even keep a tube in my purse for when i'm in a hurry or need a touch up.

But i've been backsliding at night. I usually clean my face when i wear make up (which isn't every day), but i don't always put on my skin care products - and i really have no excuse.

lilinah

My other resolutions this year are:

2. Wear more makeup
I'm pretty good about setting a budget and keeping to it. But i still have an awful lot of cute stuff. So i need to really use it! I don't wear makeup every day, so i've set aside a box for basics, separate from all the other boxes (i already keep all my makeup organized and inventoried to avoid dupes or buying colors i rarely use), with stuff i want either to wear every day or to use up.

3. Upgrade my makeup brushes

4. Find more hair care products that really work for me
When i was young i had straight hair that sometimes got oily. After i had my daughter, my hair got a little wavy and no longer oily. And after menopause it got even wavier - sometimes i even have natural "Shirley Temple" ringlets, aka banana curls - and drier - sometimes it's just a cloud of frizz. So i need to moisturize more, encourage my curls, and discourage frizz - i've almost got the last one licked.

5. Get my fingernails into better shape
I was a nail biter into my mid-20s, when i finally stopped. But my nails still break or separate into layers at the tips. I guess i need to find a cuticle product that actually works and - this is the hardest part - use it regularly.

6. Turn off the light before i go to sleep
I have been reading about various ways that sleeping with the light on does not so good things to one's body and one's health. I tend to read myself to sleep, and that means the overhead light stays on.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Ambre Tucker

First - i inventoried and organized my makeup, and i maintain it - that way i know what i have, what i lack, and what i have too much of. Also, i know when to discard things like mascara or liquid eyeliners.

Second - i go through the info about collections here and make lists of what i really really want and what i want to test. So when i go into the store i'm not distracted by crowds or by... ooo, shiny!

Third - i have a "beauty" budget every month - there's a little leeway built in - but i generally stick to it.

Nataliekay

1. be more careful in buying products similar to ones that i already have
2. explore all of the products i already have
3. spend less, unless there is a crazy good discount lol:)

Ka Pow

Using the right kind of makeup can be very helpful. Do not ever go to sleep with makeup on. I can not stress enough when some of my girlfriends say they party all night and went to sleep with their makeup on.

martiangurll

Quote:Originally Posted by Nataliekay

1. be more careful in buying products similar to ones that i already have
2. explore all of the products i already have
3. spend less, unless there is a crazy good discount lol:)

I think these are really good ideas and the only thing I would like to add to that for myself is DESTASH to make room for up and coming products and to share the goodies

Latest posts