Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

What's your favorite MSF?

Which gave me the idea for a new thread: which is your favorite MSF? Please state the shade of your complexion.

I'm NW10 and I loooove Blonde MSF. Beigescapade is a close second.

I'm NC20 and my favorite MSF is Pleasureflush. It it perfect atop blush as a highlighter. <3
    Have faith in your dreams, and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through...

Im C2 in F&B and my favorite MSF is Semi precious Pearl.

Quote Originally Posted by kimibos View Post
    Im C2 in F&B and my favorite MSF is Semi precious Pearl.
    Do you swirl the colours together or do you use the pearly part?

Quote Originally Posted by MACerette View Post
    Which gave me the idea for a new thread: which is your favorite MSF? Please state the shade of your complexion.
    Its a great question, but honestly, I cannot choose between my children--don't make me!

If you held a gun to my head, errr, I'd say, Northern Lights.
    here is a swatch: http://www.specktra.net/t/129485/msf-swatches

Beigescapeade is a close second (as a highlighter) and Earthshine is my favorite for Bronzing.

I am about NC15ish right now. NC20-25ish in the summer. But, I have really pink cheeks, so sometimes I gravitate towards more like a NW15-25ish. My colorings are odd.
    Click link if you're a Star Wars fan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBM7i84BThE&sns=fb&safety_mode=true&persis t_safety_mode=1&safe=active

Hands down my favorite MSF is Perfect Topping!

I'm between 15 & 20, neutral.

I'm new to MSFs. I got my first in 2011 and i've gotten 8 over the past 2 years, as well as 4 Mineralize blushes. Of the ones i have, my favorite MSF is Blonde.

I have:
    Rose Quartz --- Warm pink, inner circle: lime, silver, white-pink, copper with micro-glitter (Semi-Precious)
    Light Year ------- Peachy pink with gold shimmer (Heavenly Creature)
    Redhead --------- Gold to salmon pink degradé (Naturally)
    Porcelain Pink - Soft pinky coral with gold veining (Apres Chic)
    Blonde ------------ Soft pink to rose degradé (Naturally)
    Lightscapade -- Soft candlelit beige with multi-dimensional shimmer (Fall Colour)
    Star Wonder ---- Plummy pink with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments (Heavenly Creature)
    Earthshine ------ Tarnished bronze with gold pearlized pigments & pink reflects (Heavenly Creature)

Mineralize Blushes
    Sakura ----------- Lavender pearl with deep magenta heart (Quite Cute)
    Miss Behave -- Light warm beige with pearly mint green heart (Quite Cute)
    Solar Ray ------- Peach and gold melange (Heavenly Creature)
    Stratus ---------- Amethyst and golden brown melange (Heavenly Creature)

I now have a wishlist of older LE MSFs (& 1 Blush) i'd like to find:
    Hand-Finish Mineralize Blush ------- Light pink with deep gold veining (Colour Craft 2009)
    Perfect Topping MSF ------------------ Pink/ peach/ lavender melange (Sugarsweet 2009)
    By Candlelight MSF -------------------- Golden pink-beige (In the Groove 2010)
    Semi-Precious Pearl MSF ----------- Beige champagne base with inner circle of white, plum, bronze (2011)
    Semi-Precious Crystal Pink MSF - Pink champagne base with inner circle of pink, mid-tone green, bronze (2011)

Edit to Add:
    And my favorite finishing powder is Mineralize Skinfinsh Natural in Light Plus.
    Skin - between 15 & 20 neutral, Eyes - hazel, Hair - long fluffy brunette with white sidewalls

Team Purple Forever

Serving the Planet For Over 65 Years
    And Never Too Old For Glitter

Do you swirl the colours together or do you use the pearly part?
    i use the center as a blush sometimes but i mostly use the outside as a highlighter.

Quote Originally Posted by kimibos View Post
    * * *i use the center as a blush sometimes but i mostly use the outside as a highlighter.*
    Me too. So far at least...

Forgot about Perfect Topping. I like that one as much as Beigescapeade. Maybe slightly better. I think a harder question would be, which mineralize product do you like best: MB, MES or MSF?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBM7i84BThE&sns=fb&safety_mode=true&persis t_safety_mode=1&safe=active

MB. Like Dainty.

My all time fav is Redhead =] I can use it on a lot of skin tones and its the perfect balance of pink and peach. I miss the striped MSFs MAC used to do!

Honorable Mention:

Earthshine! A lot of people seemed to overlook this one when it came out last year. A swirl of plum, bronze, and gold. Such an amazing shade for WOC.
    The ancient seven sisters above....tuning the frequency....keeping watch....watching over....

Quote Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post
    Forgot about Perfect Topping.* I like that one as much as Beigescapeade.* Maybe slightly better.* I think a harder question would be, which mineralize product do you like best:* MB, MES or MSF?
    Not to me... MSF > MB > MES Gentle is my fave MB. Nuttin' to do with Après Cheek btw

Gentle is my fave MB. Nuttin' to do with Après Cheek btw
    For me, its more like MB=MES=MSF

i'm an nc20. porcelain pink!i can't stop wearing it,it's the perfect everyday glow.i actually don't like lightscapade that much,i hardly use it.
    i also like light year as a blush a lot.

For me, its more like MB=MES=MSF
    Really? Then give me your MSF's and I'll hand you my MES JK...

Quote Originally Posted by ma146rina View Post
    i'm an nc20. porcelain pink!i can't stop wearing it,it's the perfect everyday glow.i actually don't like lightscapade that much,i hardly use it.
    i also like light year as a blush a lot.
    I really have to try that one properly (Porcelain Pink). I only swatched it on the back of my hand and used a little along with SR, but SR overpowered it of course.

yes!try it you'll love it.i didn't get SR because i have redhead and hardly use it as well,since it's too frosty to wear it as a blush and emphasize some scars from acne that i have on my cheeks

Quote Originally Posted by ma146rina View Post
    yes!try it you'll love it.i didn't get SR because i have redhead and hardly use it as well,since it's too frosty to wear it as a blush and emphasize some scars from acne that i have on my cheeks
    You guys gave me an idea to layer Porcelain Pink over Redhead and try and make a less metallic/frosty but still Coral MSF with gold shimmer...this may reignite my love for Redhead...which always disappointed me that I didn't love as much as it deserved, esp. since I am pretty much a redhead. (auburn)

I'm about NC22 with strong warm undertones (nothing neutral going on here). I have auburn hair and brown eyes.

I only have three MSF, all purchased since HC:

Light Year
    Stereo Rose
    Redhead

I did have Star Wonder but I gave it to my daughter because it was just too frosty a cool for me. While there's enough colour in the last two to make them a blush for me, the sheen in them prevents me from using them this way. They're strictly hightlights, but I love them. I'm new to mineralize products; until this summer I thought they triggered acne in me. The only other product I had was a MSFN and that definitely broke me out. I don't know whether the product itself was contaminated or whether there's something different about that formula, because the MSF/MBs I have aren't a problem at all.

Redhead just arrived today (courtesy of Jasmin) and I love it! I'm a new convert to highlighters because I don't generally like sheen/glitter. I don't know whether I'm just getting used to it or whether my application is improving, but I'm really starting to like the look of highlighter. I also just fell in love with my previously ignored Albatross (part of the Nordie's Joie de Vivre palette).

I don't think I need many more of this kind of product because I use so light a hand that they'll last forever and small differences between shades won't show as much. That doesn't mean I won't fall in love with another this year though. I can see why people look so forward to these collections; I wish I'd found MSF when I was 20 and my skin was near flawless.

I also have a few MB:
    Warm Soul (my staple last summer)
    Fresh Honey (a surprise love that's very natural looking on me)
    Early Morning
    Amber Glow (I consider this a highlighter because of the sheen).

I only have one MES (Magnetic Attraction) and I won't buy another. I don't like them.

For me:

MSF=MB>MES
    NC20-25 (Bobbi Brown Warm Sand, MUFE HD 120) Current Loves: Bronzer: Guerlain Terracotta 00, Natural BlondesBlush: Pink Cult, Deep Throat, Angelic Radiance, Crazy Terracotta
    Highlight: Definitely Defined, Shell Pearl, Watt's Up

Lips&#58; Huggables, Cremesheens, Patentpolish Guerlain Meteorites!

You guys gave me an idea to layer Porcelain Pink over Redhead and try and make a less metallic/frosty but still Coral MSF with gold shimmer...this may reignite my love for Redhead...which always disappointed me that I didn't love as much as it deserved, esp. since I am pretty much a redhead. (auburn)
    i'm a redhead tooi'll try the combo

If something is too frosty, i would think that a very light dusting of a translucent, or neutral, or matching matte over it would cut the shimmer.
    Skin - between 15 & 20 neutral, Eyes - hazel, Hair - long fluffy brunette with white sidewalls

Team Purple Forever

Serving the Planet For Over 65 Years
    And Never Too Old For Glitter

NC45 and my faves are So Ceylon (which seems to have " disappeared" from my collection!) and Warmed, which I now use sparingly as I am hitting the pan.

I am an NC25.....

I used to own EVERY skinfinish ever made a few years ago, but kind of got bored with makeup for awhile, and I ended up selling them all. I have started rebuilding my collection over the last month, and have about 14 back. Most of them are from newer collections that I didn't even know MAC came out with until I started doing research.

The Sugar Sweet colletion came out right as I stopped following mac collections, so I missed out on those skinfinishes. I saw someone use refined on you tube and knew I had to track it down. I found it on amazon for 25.00 NIB. Refined is hands down my all time favorite skinfinish, and I have tried just about every one.

It gives the perfect glow, not too shimmery, and no big chunks of glitter. I use it all over my face at times, or just on my cheeks. I found and bought two back ups...this is how much I love it! My next favorite would have to be semi-precious pearl at the moment. But I need to use and try out more of the other ones I purchased before I can say for sure. But refined is easily number 1!

^ Hey! I'm wearing Refined today! It is one of my first ones, very 'refined' and natural .

- Choisir, c’est renoncer. -

Totally! Refined is so great!

I only have Star Wonder, Porcelain Pink and Stereo Rose. I use Star Wonder as a blush bec it's too pigmented to be a highlighter, and too pink. I do love Porcelain Pink and I use it as a highlighter. Stereo Rose, I've yet to open. lol
    Team Low Buy 2015

I have used Porcelain Pink several times last week and it is purrrty indeed...

Stereo Rose and im NW25

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last