What's your favorite MSF?

Audrey C

I'm about NC22 with strong warm undertones (nothing neutral going on here). I have auburn hair and brown eyes.

I only have three MSF, all purchased since HC:

Light Year
Stereo Rose
Redhead

I did have Star Wonder but I gave it to my daughter because it was just too frosty a cool for me. While there's enough colour in the last two to make them a blush for me, the sheen in them prevents me from using them this way. They're strictly hightlights, but I love them. I'm new to mineralize products; until this summer I thought they triggered acne in me. The only other product I had was a MSFN and that definitely broke me out. I don't know whether the product itself was contaminated or whether there's something different about that formula, because the MSF/MBs I have aren't a problem at all.

Redhead just arrived today (courtesy of Jasmin) and I love it! I'm a new convert to highlighters because I don't generally like sheen/glitter. I don't know whether I'm just getting used to it or whether my application is improving, but I'm really starting to like the look of highlighter. I also just fell in love with my previously ignored Albatross (part of the Nordie's Joie de Vivre palette).

I don't think I need many more of this kind of product because I use so light a hand that they'll last forever and small differences between shades won't show as much. That doesn't mean I won't fall in love with another this year though. I can see why people look so forward to these collections; I wish I'd found MSF when I was 20 and my skin was near flawless.

I also have a few MB:
Warm Soul (my staple last summer)
Fresh Honey (a surprise love that's very natural looking on me)
Early Morning
Amber Glow (I consider this a highlighter because of the sheen).

I only have one MES (Magnetic Attraction) and I won't buy another. I don't like them.

For me:

MSF=MB>MES

ma146rina

You guys gave me an idea to layer Porcelain Pink over Redhead and try and make a less metallic/frosty but still Coral MSF with gold shimmer...this may reignite my love for Redhead...which always disappointed me that I didn't love as much as it deserved, esp. since I am pretty much a redhead. (auburn)
i'm a redhead too:)i'll try the combo

lilinah

If something is too frosty, i would think that a very light dusting of a translucent, or neutral, or matching matte over it would cut the shimmer.

TwistedFaith

NC45 and my faves are So Ceylon (which seems to have " disappeared" from my collection!) and Warmed, which I now use sparingly as I am hitting the pan.

brookeab

I am an NC25.....

I used to own EVERY skinfinish ever made a few years ago, but kind of got bored with makeup for awhile, and I ended up selling them all. I have started rebuilding my collection over the last month, and have about 14 back. Most of them are from newer collections that I didn't even know MAC came out with until I started doing research.

The Sugar Sweet colletion came out right as I stopped following mac collections, so I missed out on those skinfinishes. I saw someone use refined on you tube and knew I had to track it down. I found it on amazon for 25.00 NIB. Refined is hands down my all time favorite skinfinish, and I have tried just about every one. :)

It gives the perfect glow, not too shimmery, and no big chunks of glitter. I use it all over my face at times, or just on my cheeks. I found and bought two back ups...this is how much I love it! My next favorite would have to be semi-precious pearl at the moment. But I need to use and try out more of the other ones I purchased before I can say for sure. But refined is easily number 1! :)

MRV

^ Hey! I'm wearing Refined today! It is one of my first ones, very 'refined' and natural :) .

bluelitzer

I only have Star Wonder, Porcelain Pink and Stereo Rose. I use Star Wonder as a blush bec it's too pigmented to be a highlighter, and too pink. I do love Porcelain Pink and I use it as a highlighter. Stereo Rose, I've yet to open. lol

Brightlights2

I only own 1 MSF and it's Stereo Rose and I LOVE it!! I wear it everyday to get that healthy glow!! Soo good!! I'm NC15.

Sanooya

I started buying MSFs around a year ago or so.. I have: - Redhead - Lightscapade - Light Year - Star Wonder - Center of Universe - Soft & Gentle - Porcelain Pink - Stereo Rose I am between nc25 - nc30 with yellow undertones Redhead, light year & soft & genlte are my favorites But I keep S&G in my purse because it's the only permanent one :p so I am not worried if it rans out

lilinah

I can't really choose between
MSF
M Blush
MES

I thought the MES from Heavenly Creature were superb. Previously they were kinda hit or miss, with a lot of misses.

I love my MSFs, but most of them i use like blushes - most of the colors are a bit too strong for me to use all over my MAC 15-20 neutral skin.

Mac4Megan

I don't have too many msf's so at the moment my favorite is porcelain pink, but once the Hayley Williams coll is released I think lightscapade will be my #1. NW 15-20 for reference

MDaatselaar

I have:
-Soft & Gentle
-Lightscapade
-Star Wonder
-Porcelain Pink
-Suberb
-Stereo Rose

There're all just gorgeous! I am NC35. My favourites are Porcelain Pink, Star Wonder and Lightscapade.

ma146rina

i tried today Porcelain Pink with Dainty and omg they look amazing together
pretty.gif
perfect combo!

BuickMackane

Beigescapade!

I haven't got the original Lightscapade, but I'm very happy with the knock off version thank you very much
greengrin.gif

Latest posts