NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powders

MarieMary

Let's create a thread for those too. :p It seems they're getting rave reviews!

Light Reflecting Setting Powder (Pressed)
[Available: Jan. 15 2013]

0.24oz / 7g.

Light Reflecting Setting Powder (Loose)
[Available: Feb. 1 2013 at Sephora / Mar. 15 2013 at NARS]

0.35oz / 10g.

http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2013/01/nars-light-reflecting-setting-powder-for-spring-2013.html

Reviews, pictures, swatches, etc:
http://www.beautyalchemist.com/2013/01/nars-light-reflecting-setting-powder.html
http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2013/01/nars-reflecting-setting-powder-review.html

MarieMary

This is a detailed review of the Setting Powder in pressed version, with pictures and everything.
http://blog.flauntme.com/2013/01/11/come-to-the-nars-light-reflecting-setting-powder-review/

CartoonChic

What's the difference between using a loose or pressed powder? I know personal preference is involved, but I'd like to know why you would choose one over the other. I still have very little experience using powders, but I'm interested in getting this one. I'm trying to decide which version to get.

Dominique33

This is a detailed review of the Setting Powder in pressed version, with pictures and everything.
http://blog.flauntme.com/2013/01/11/come-to-the-nars-light-reflecting-setting-powder-review/
Thank you ! I am interested by the loose formula, I have a loose powder and Nars loose powders are really very good, I love the Chanel Poudre Universelle or Guerlain Les Voilettes but the Nars powder is just great.

MarieMary

What's the difference between using a loose or pressed powder? I know personal preference is involved, but I'd like to know why you would choose one over the other. I still have very little experience using powders, but I'm interested in getting this one. I'm trying to decide which version to get.
It's mostly personal preference as far as I'm concerned.
I prefer loose powder, because I don't want to clean the pad used to apply pressed powder every day. If I want a somewhat clear skin, I have to have very good hygiene. And I feel like it's better to put some loose powder in the cap of your container and dust in on the face, than brushing the pad onto the powder, then onto your face than onto the powder again, thus potentially contaminating my powder with whatever I might have on my skin. Plus, I feel I'm more light-handed with loose powder than with pressed powder.

Dominique33

In my opinion a loose setting powder is somewhat better, it works very well and gives a subtle result.
Here are the loose powders I have so far :

Chanel Poudre Universelle ( 4 )
Nars loose powder
Dior loose powders ( 3 )
Guerlain les Voilettes
MUFE HD powder
Yves Rocher loose powder

I also have Benefit " Get Even " ( pressed ) which is very good too.
And others such as Estee Lauder Aeromatte ( very good pressed powder )

In fact, a loose powder is just more subtle but Aeromatte is a perfect setting powder too.
I haven't purchased the Nars ones but I guess the texture is close to perfection, Nars powders are highly good.

MarieMary

Another glowing review of the pressed powder on Café Makeup:
http://cafemakeup.com/2013/01/24/nars-light-reflecting-pressed-setting-powder-in-translucent-crystal-review/

Thanks Anneri! :)

It seems they're testing the loose powder at the moment, and will post a review later. :)

MaitaiFluff

Was surprised with a jar of loose reflecting powder by my boyfriend (along with the happening palette). I will play with them both in depth tomorrow while I'm getting ready for work, but so far the reflecting powder seems pretty nice.

Ladychris11

Was surprised with a jar of loose reflecting powder by my boyfriend (along with the happening palette). I will play with them both in depth tomorrow while I'm getting ready for work, but so far the reflecting powder seems pretty nice.
Lucky girl! Very sweet boyfriend. :)

anyhow, do any of you girls know when these will hit nordies? been waiting for ages! The Loose one is already available, but I'm particularly eyeing the pressed one. :)

MaitaiFluff

Lucky girl! Very sweet boyfriend. :) anyhow, do any of you girls know when these will hit nordies? been waiting for ages! The Loose one is already available, but I'm particularly eyeing the pressed one. :)
Aww thanks! It was the most practical thing I could think of when we were discussing Valentine's day gifts ideas. Also, my boyfriend was called by our most local Nordstrom (Tacoma, WA) that they had just received the loose powder and the happening palette (I'm not sure what else, since he was just looking for those two). So, if your Nordies doesn't have it in yet, they should any minute now. Lastly, it really is like real life photoshop. I LOVE it.

elegant-one

I just ordered the Pressed Light Reflecting Powder & Via Appia eyeliner from Sephora. I thought the pressed might be nice because you can throw it into your purse.

Audrey C

Hopefully we'll see some reviews of the loose powder. I'm about finished my MAC Blot Powder (hit pan long ago and just have a ring of product left). I'll have to try the loose powder to see how I like it - I used loose for years before buying the Blot Powder.

MarieMary

Here's a review of the Loose Setting Powder:
http://julesdarling.blogspot.fr/2013/01/nars-light-reflecting-loose-setting.html

shontay07108

:sigh: I really want this loose powder, but then I don't because I just bought the Chanel loose powder a couple of weeks ago. I'd also like to buy that new, fancy palette, but I just ordered a MUFE palette from Sephora. I'm laughing at myself. It just never stops, does it? :lol:

MarieMary

Lol, no, and I wouldn't be surprised if NARS came up with new cool gift sets for summer like they usually do.

elegant-one

sigh.gif
I really want this loose powder, but then I don't because I just bought the Chanel loose powder a couple of weeks ago. I'd also like to buy that new, fancy palette, but I just ordered a MUFE palette from Sephora. I'm laughing at myself. It just never stops, does it?
lol.gif
Can I laugh at you (& me too )
rofl.gif
yeah baby, I understand. It doesn't ever stop.

How ya doing friend - I've missed chatting with you.
friends.gif

shontay07108

Can I laugh at you (& me too ) :rofl: yeah baby, I understand. It doesn't ever stop. How ya doing friend - I've missed chatting with you. :frenz:
I'm good and braving the cold that has finally hit. How are you? I'm usually lurking until I really have something to say now. I gotta say, I have really been turned off by the Mac side of the board with all the wank about a certain site and what should or should not be posted there and all that drama, you know what I mean? So, I have to work myself up to browse that section, but I usually bounce in these "other" brand threads. Much less fanatical around these parts. :D

elegant-one

I'm usually lurking until I really have something to say now. I gotta say, I have really been turned off by the Mac side of the board with all the wank about a certain site and what should or should not be posted there and all that drama, you know what I mean? So, I have to work myself up to browse that section, but I usually bounce in these "other" brand threads. Much less fanatical around these parts.
greengrin.gif
thdrama.gif
lol.gif
Totally know what you mean. I think I ventured out into too many "other" brands lately
sigh.gif

I'm good, thanks dear! Freezing too.

elkaknits

Well I hopped in my car to exchange my light reflecting powder~ did I mention that Sephora sent me the pressed even tho my invoice clearly states loose? Ah well I called and they told me it was in stock at my local Sephora. NOT!

I hate braving the malls esp on weekends and it was a wasted trip. Except that I saw the Ronnie Red in person and think I will buy it when it comes out. My sephora does not stock Illimasqua except for n/p so I wasn't able to try a few things that have caught my eye from beauty bloggers. I did decide Nars Cruella is not for me and that was sadness. Beryl liner and the fancy face powder at Chanel, the UD 24/7 liners {which seriously do NOT budge and I tried to rub 'em off to check}, Dior addict but they didn't have the purple one from a few yrs ago and I cannot remember it's name, none of the new Nars were in :sCowly face but well....

I was all over the place in mall and I just didn't find it in myself to whip out my debit card for anything. I think all the peeps just threw me off my buying mojo cus I swatched lots of things that were nice. Scary.

Latest posts