NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powders

PeachTwist

Bump. Anyone?

Thanks, ladies. So, just so I'm correct - I'd use this instead of my MSFNatural? Or would I use this afterwards?
Some people layer it over a setting powder. I prefer just the light dusting w/o any other setting powder because I hate putting yet one more thing on my face.
You can try it both ways and decide which one you prefer.
Thanks. I'll try it out and see how it goes. :)

infinitize

I'm personally not crazy about them..
They were very mattifying, but there was no smoothing effect..
on my dry combination skin, it made my foundation look very dry and dehydrated..
plus the packaging was a bit annoying.. I don't have as much control over how much powder I get on the lid compared to other powders.

phoebeloves

I currently use the loose powder but was wondering if anyone could tell me if it causes flashback in professional pictures?

Thanks!

pinkcrush

I use the loose version and it seems 2 have a blurring effect in photos!!! In person it keeps shine at bay for a few hrs... I swirl my powder brush with a good coating before sticking in my makeup bag for quick touch-ups. I wear Sheer Glow or the new All Day luminous Weightless Foundation in Macao and this powder doesn't give me a white cast like the MUFE HD powder can...

odditoria

Does anyone know how different this is from the Laura Mercier setting powder? I've been meaning to try this one.

pandorablack

I had the pressed version of this, and I liked that it was light reflecting and didn't change the color of my foundation, but the powder was a little TOO pressed, if you will. It was hard to get enough product on my brush. Next time I'll buy the loose.

DMcG9

I had the pressed version of this, and I liked that it was light reflecting and didn't change the color of my foundation, but the powder was a little TOO pressed, if you will. It was hard to get enough product on my brush. Next time I'll buy the loose.
I have this problem with the pressed version too. Can't pick up a lot of it with a brush. It's quite frustrating.

MsKb

Does anyone know how different this is from the Laura Mercier setting powder? I've been meaning to try this one.
I have both! and I use them layered. the laura mercier sets and does give a more blurred look but I used this powder to give a blurred perfected look to the skin. I def get more compliments about my skin when I finish with this powder

califabulous

I really liked this powder. It felt great it blurred it smoothed everything. But I got flashback. Maybe if you learn how to apply it, find the right brush, etc maybe it wouldn't give flashback but I am an everyday girl and I just wanted a powder that wasn't...fussy. I tried applying it lightly different brushes but it was a no go. I returned it.i chose the loose version.

Jayjayy

Has anyone heard rumblings about the pressed version being discontinued? I read it in the comments of a blog, but couldn't find any substantiating info.

bwella

it's marked as "cult classic" and not on the list under discontinued favorites (http://www.narscosmetics.com/USA/discontinued-favorites) so let's hope not!

dash4

I really liked this powder. It felt great it blurred it smoothed everything. But I got flashback. Maybe if you learn how to apply it, find the right brush, etc maybe it wouldn't give flashback but I am an everyday girl and I just wanted a powder that wasn't...fussy. I tried applying it lightly different brushes but it was a no go. I returned it.i chose the loose version.
The loose version is 100x better. I have the pressed and use it for touch-ups but I will not be re-purchasing it. I really HATE loose powders because they are messy.. but decided to give this a go because I do like the pressed - I just feel like it takes a lot of work... and I fell in love with the loose version. (and I actually don't find it that messy)..

I switched over to CoverFx's illuminating setting powder to try something new..and I like it.. but I still prefer Nars Light Reflecting Crystal loose powder more.. Once I work through the CoverFX - I am going back to the Nars loose..

DMcG9

The loose version is 100x better. I have the pressed and use it for touch-ups but I will not be re-purchasing it. I really HATE loose powders because they are messy.. but decided to give this a go because I do like the pressed - I just feel like it takes a lot of work... and I fell in love with the loose version. (and I actually don't find it that messy)..

I switched over to CoverFx's illuminating setting powder to try something new..and I like it.. but I still prefer Nars Light Reflecting Crystal loose powder more.. Once I work through the CoverFX - I am going back to the Nars loose..
I'll be doing the same when I finish the pressed version. I prefer pressed but looks like loose is the way to go with this product. It's annoying.

Prettypackages

why do you like the nars more? better finish?

purplerinne

I have the pressed version and whenever I take pics with flash there is HORRIBLE flashback! it looks like i was trying to be a geisha!

Latest posts