MAC Extended Play GigaBlack Collection (March 2013)

Mac-Guy

... time fore a new thread.
flower.gif

Please give proper credit to Specktra when you get your information from here. Don't steal :)

Extended Play Gigablack Lash March 14

Extended Play Gigablack Lash 16.00 US/19.00 CAD
Extended Play Gigablack Lash - Intense Black

liba

shrugs.gif
Trying to figure out what this collection would consist of? Color me intrigued.
Extended Play Lash Mascara in an extra carbon black color.

Btw, if you haven't tried this formula, it's really good. More thickness and drama than Opulash but more natural than Haute 'n Naughty and with a ton of curling power.

OctoberViolet

Thank you, liba! I definitely need to try this mascara.
pretty.gif

Extended Lash Mascara in an extra carbon black color.

Btw, if you haven't tried this formula, it's really good. More thickness and drama than Opulash but more natural than Haute 'n Naughty and with a ton of curling power.

erine1881

Seriously. All these mascaras and their super black counterparts are getting to be too much. It's rediculous!

erine1881

There really isn't a noticeable difference. And the sad thing is is that the carbon black pigment tends to run on people with oily skin, so that cuts the target customer down a lot!

Pinkdollface

There really isn't a noticeable difference. And the sad thing is is that the carbon black pigment tends to run on people with oily skin, so that cuts the target customer down a lot!
I've never had a problem with them running and I have oily skin, but I think it helps to put a good primer on your lids even when you're not wearing eyeshadow to prevent the oils from getting on your lashes. Still I don't do this always and even then it doens't run on me.

martiangurll

Thank you MAC-Guy for posting all these threads on the upcoming collections.
flower.gif
flower.gif
flower.gif

I would love a Brown Mascara too but I get tired of waiting on MAC sometimes. So, I just bought a Dior one.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm thinking maybe this will be a liner and lash collection in black to go alongside the Orange collection?

liba

There's a pretty big difference between regular and Optimum Black Opulash - the carbon was was honestly too black to suit the formula, which is too natural style to handle it. I didn't like the look, and normally I like Opulash a lot.

I haven't tried out any of the others yet on my lashes, but it seems to me the less natural looking ones, you might not see the difference enough or it'd be just ridiculous.

Pinkdollface

Maybe I'm strange, but I never really notice too much of a difference between mascara formula's at least for Mac mascara's. For me it's all about the brush.

liba

Maybe I'm strange, but I never really notice too much of a difference between mascara formula's at least for Mac mascara's. For me it's all about the brush.
I had so many years of not wearing mascara because it'd always run on me, so I would notice formulas a lot. I always liked Opulash because it not only doesn't run or smear on me, it's also really easy to remove, which is another sticking point I have with some mascaras. Right now I'm using Haute 'n Naughty and False Lashes, plus the colored Opulashes from Wonder Woman (I backed the hell up on those) and there are definitely differences in what they do to my lashes, and how well they set, etc. The different brushes matter to me too, but not as much as other things.

False Lashes is the current winner atm, just because it really adds thickness and a nice natural looking curl, while also being easy to remove. It can smudge if I'm not careful, though, because it stays kind of moist.

Pinkdollface

I had so many years of not wearing mascara because it'd always run on me, so I would notice formulas a lot. I always liked Opulash because it not only doesn't run or smear on me, it's also really easy to remove, which is another sticking point I have with some mascaras. Right now I'm using Haute 'n Naughty and False Lashes, plus the colored Opulashes from Wonder Woman (I backed the hell up on those) and there are definitely differences in what they do to my lashes, and how well they set, etc. The different brushes matter to me too, but not as much as other things.

False Lashes is the current winner atm, just because it really adds thickness and a nice natural looking curl, while also being easy to remove. It can smudge if I'm not careful, though, because it stays kind of moist.
I do notice a difference with adding thinkness and length, but I think I expressed myself the wrong way. I was meaning that I never notice with a mascara feeling heavier or it smudges more or the like. I'm currently using the False Lashes too and really like it.

Latest posts