MAC Extended Play GigaBlack Collection (March 2013)

liba

I do notice a difference with adding thinkness and length, but I think I expressed myself the wrong way. I was meaning that I never notice with a mascara feeling heavier or it smudges more or the like. I'm currently using the False Lashes too and really like it.
oh be glad you don't, then - some mascara feels so heavy my lids feel almost like I'm wearing falsies. I have watery eyes too, so raccoon eyes are an issue with a lot of brands too.

one thing nice about Opulash - I love the little tubes it forms - never crispy or sludgy ever and the easiest of all the MAC mascaras to clean off at night. gives a really natural look, as if you weren't wearing anything. Huge brush, though - not everyone likes that.

Pinkdollface

oh be glad you don't, then - some mascara feels so heavy my lids feel almost like I'm wearing falsies. I have watery eyes too, so raccoon eyes are an issue with a lot of brands too.

one thing nice about Opulash - I love the little tubes it forms - never crispy or sludgy ever and the easiest of all the MAC mascaras to clean off at night. gives a really natural look, as if you weren't wearing anything. Huge brush, though - not everyone likes that.
I've also had Opulash both the normal and extra black and liked them. It has been over a year I think since I last had them though, because Mac has so many new mascara's and I like trying them.
I'm glad you found some mascara's you liked and of course if you get the new ones I would love to hear your thoughts:)

erine1881

I had so many years of not wearing mascara because it'd always run on me, so I would notice formulas a lot. I always liked Opulash because it not only doesn't run or smear on me, it's also really easy to remove, which is another sticking point I have with some mascaras. Right now I'm using Haute 'n Naughty and False Lashes, plus the colored Opulashes from Wonder Woman (I backed the hell up on those) and there are definitely differences in what they do to my lashes, and how well they set, etc. The different brushes matter to me too, but not as much as other things.  False Lashes is the current winner atm, just because it really adds thickness and a nice natural looking curl, while also being easy to remove. It can smudge if I'm not careful, though, because it stays kind of moist.
I like the normal sized football shaped mascara wands, such as mascara x. So sad :cry: mac DCd it. I stocked up on that bad boy!!! I like false lash too, but not the wand. It's too stiff.

Mac-Guy

I like the normal sized football shaped mascara wands, such as mascara x. So sad
cry.gif
mac DCd it. I stocked up on that bad boy!!! I like false lash too, but not the wand. It's too stiff.
I know, right?! AND it came in brown.

MRV

This is also my problem. I just hate mascaras that give any kind of raccoon symptomes. Once I did find a HG mascara that was even funeral tested but they don't make it any more.

I noticed that Guerlain has a purple mascara this spring: Cils D’Enfer Maxi Lash. (Scary name that collection has!) Wants that green quad, too!

Mac-Guy

Please give proper credit to Specktra when you get your information from here. Don't steal :)

Extended Play Gigablack Lash March 14

Extended Play Gigablack Lash 16.00 US/19.00 CAD
Extended Play Gigablack Lash - Intense Black

Mac-Guy

I knew it!
Heheh, it wasn't too hard to guess. MAC is so predictable with their mascaras. :)

I'm curious to see what new names they will have for future ones. Maybe they stay with physics and go with tera, peta, exa or zetta black
girlhaha.gif

erine1881

Heheh, it wasn't too hard to guess. MAC is so predictable with their mascaras. :) I'm curious to see what new names they will have for future ones. Maybe they stay with physics and go with tera, peta, exa or zetta black :haha:
Or simplify it-black, black2-like they did with matte2

E-Marie

There really isn't a noticeable difference. And the sad thing is is that the carbon black pigment tends to run on people with oily skin, so that cuts the target customer down a lot!
Thanks for the info! I guess I will have to pass this one up! EVERYTHING runs on me!

martiangurll

Does the extended play refer to a long wearing mascara? And this isn't waterproof, right? WP mascaras never work for me.

erine1881

Does the extended play refer to a long wearing mascara?  And this isn't waterproof, right?  WP mascaras never work for me.
Nope. Extended play was the new mascara with the teeny brush for separation, definition, and curl. I :heart: it for my bottom lashes. This is just the super black version of it. No waterproof.

Latest posts