URBAN DECAY SPRING 2013

Dominique33

Here is a link to the UD spring 2013 collection

http://www.chicprofile.com/2013/01/...-great-and-powerful-palettes-info-photos.html

SOURCE : CHIC PROFILE

I know there will be a " Naked 3 " with 6 shades basic ones, nail polishes and flush as a blush/bronzer/illuminating powder.

Where has creativity gone, I really wonder......
th_confused_new.gif

Dominique33

Thank you for posting ! Not so bad after all but UD should be much more creative than that, it used to be so beautiful let's say 12 years ago when I first saw the brand and the gorgeous lipstick Gash.

VampyCouture

I agree. They got a bit carried away with the Naked stuff. I still enjoy their products and they are a very innovative brand so I would like to see more surprises or interesting products.

kimbunney

The Oz palette is a great idea but where is the creativity, I agree. They could have did a huge palette with loads of really colorful half and half smokey and dark. They could have raised the price it would have been a hit. Shame I actually like the packaging the inside is just no amazing.

No more NAKED palettes for me, UD should have jumped on more matte colors for them before Lorac came out with the PRO Palette.

shinebright

I think the shades are pretty but, I second the, "Where's the creativity?" notion. It seems like any sort of movie rooted in fantasy, fairytale or YA novels these days gets the makeup palette treatment.

VampyCouture

The Oz palette is a great idea but where is the creativity, I agree. They could have did a huge palette with loads of really colorful half and half smokey and dark. They could have raised the price it would have been a hit. Shame I actually like the packaging the inside is just no amazing.

No more NAKED palettes for me, UD should have jumped on more matte colors for them before Lorac came out with the PRO Palette.
iagree.gif

MaryJane

I just started purchasing Urban Decay about a year ago and am extremely satisfied with their products. Personally, I could not care less about 'creativity' when it comes to makeup. I want wearable products that perform well.

I've seen lots of products from other lines (i.e. Mac) where the colors are different (I'm guessing this is what people mean when they say creative) but completely unwearable. Those kinds of products are great for editorial work and the runway but not in real life.

VampyCouture

So I was trying to see when the release dates for these palettes were, with no luck :( But I did find the mood board that inspired the Theodora palette! They said it was very dark with ouija boards and black crows.

Source: Elle

verorenee

Ohhh this inspiration board is pretty awesome.

I believe the release date for the two palettes is January 25th that's what I read on the Muse's site. http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2013/01/urban-decay-oz-the-great-and-powerful-palettes-for-spring-2013.html

I was really sad to see Urban decay's spring collection until I saw these two palettes. I mean a BB cream a year late? Boring lipgloss colors? I miss the excitement from when I started getting into makeup 6 years it was so much fun browsing the Urban decay site. I'm hoping they'll expand their lip liners revamp the lipsticks and release powder blushes!

MaryJane

$50 for 6 eyeshadows + an eyeliner + lip gloss pencil seems pretty reasonable to me. It works out to less than $7/item.

shellygrrl

Staff member
And considering it's usually $108 for UD's version of a Build-Your-Own palette ($108 because you get a freebie, and UD don't sell their single eyeshadows in pan form), and you get only a brush (I think) with it, this is a bargain.

VampyCouture

I agree. This is a good deal. Too good to pass up! I'm using my Ulta 20% off coupon that came in the mail to purchase it.

fabulousmoolah

I would just rather have lots of smaller colors like all the previous palettes. Everything I saw said it launches on the 25th but it's up right now available for purchase.

http://www.urbandecay.com/The-Glinda-and-Theodora-Palettes-by-Urban-Decay/361,default,pd.html?start=5&cgid=12

Genn

I think these palettes are pretty and the price is really reasonable compared to other brands. MAC archie's quads are $44 for 4 shadows. These are 8 shadows (2 duos), an eyeliner, and a lip color pencil for $49

Naughtyp

i really want the Glinda OZ palette!!! no one has it yet! i cant order online, i went to two malls looking for this =(

i also want the Build your Own palette in Moonbeam and the Omen shade.....

iATEaSEAmonster

i really want the Glinda OZ palette!!! no one has it yet! i cant order online, i went to two malls looking for this =(

i also want the Build your Own palette in Moonbeam and the Omen shade.....
Same here with the palettes. My situation doesn't allow me to order online, so I have to go searching for what I want in stores. I suppose we'll just have to hope that Sephora eventually stocks them.

Naughtyp

Same here with the palettes. My situation doesn't allow me to order online, so I have to go searching for what I want in stores. I suppose we'll just have to hope that Sephora eventually stocks them.
I just called 2 more counters I have 6 by me and none of them have it yet ;( I'm just scared that once the counters have them.. I won't have any money. and then when I have money agin they wil be sold out! ;( i am totally fixated on this until I get it! I can't wait to see the movie too and get some of the nail polish! ;)

Latest posts