MAC Nudes & Metallics Collection (April 2013) Pro Store Only

Prettypackages

I pulled out my restrained today, and it is almost unwearable b/c of the smell. I'm surprised it turned so fast. Do MAC lipsticks expire? I keep reading conflicting information.

BuickMackane

I pulled out my restrained today, and it is almost unwearable b/c of the smell. I'm surprised it turned so fast. Do MAC lipsticks expire? I keep reading conflicting information.
Oh no
ssad.gif

Mine's still OK. Do you have Sensual Sparks? They're very close.

dcarrington

I find that my taupish colored mac lip colors tend to go bad which is soooo frustrating. Exclusive event, srnsual sparks are both starting to smell different retrained and restrained and empowered are both RANCID! I'm only holdi mg on just so i could do a color comparison if mac decides to repromote it. Oh and i was so wanting to wear empowered that I ordered another one off ebay on hopes that mines was a bad batch but when it arrived it was rancid too. Smh. I LOOOVVEEEE how empowered looks but that smell was just to much.
I pulled out my restrained today, and it is almost unwearable b/c of the smell.  I'm surprised it turned so fast.   Do MAC lipsticks expire? I keep reading conflicting information. 

BuickMackane

I find that my taupish colored mac lip colors tend to go bad which is soooo frustrating. Exclusive event, srnsual sparks are both starting to smell different retrained and restrained and empowered are both RANCID! I'm only holdi mg on just so i could do a color comparison if mac decides to repromote it. Oh and i was so wanting to wear empowered that I ordered another one off ebay on hopes that mines was a bad batch but when it arrived it was rancid too. Smh. I LOOOVVEEEE how empowered looks but that smell was just to much.
Now that you mention it my Exclusive Event does smell a bit different than my other MAC lipsticks. Not bad by any means but it has lost the distinctive vanilla scent quite a bit
hmm.gif

Prettypackages

Vande, I have had old lipsticks good bad. I tried to depot one and I guess the container wasn't air tight. My kissable, Flaunting It went bad, it made my lips tingle. Even the brush looked like it had been worn. I've stopped buying their glosses except for the latest HOliday bags. Maybe I'll give the glosses to my Mom.
Buick, I don't have SS, I think I skipped that one or gave it away b/c it was like Restrained, or was Empowered similar to Restrained? It seems as though I had both and got rid of them. I also smelled my Proenza Schouler Woorose, and it might be on it's way out. I'm disappointed in Restrained though. The vanilla smell is gone, the crayon smell has come, but it is beyond the crayon smell. i don't know if it was in my head or not, well it wasn't in my head, but I don't know what caused it but my lips were even tingling. I had just wiped my mouth with a wipe, so I thought it might have been that. Woodrose is at the beginning crayon stage. I might go on a lipstick no buy for awhile. I need to get through and wear some of the things I own. I might just back to mac my glosses.

Prettypackages

Ok, so my Pre-Raphaellite and Show All aren't smelling too hot. Not old, but definitely crayony. STill smooth, creamy and wearable. I just hate the smell.

iqaganda

Ok, so my Pre-Raphaellite and Show All aren't smelling too hot. Not old, but definitely crayony. STill smooth, creamy and wearable. I just hate the smell.

Yes, they don't have the vanilla scent that much anymore, but that doesn't mean that it's already expired, right?

Latest posts