NARS Eye Paints / Gel Eyeliners

MarieMary

Thye Beauty Sleuth was lucky enough to attend an event where she got to see and try the NARS Gel Eyeliners, called Eye Paints. Here's what she has to say about them:

Quote: Dense pigments and creamy formulation make these liners a dream to use. Whether you are going for a sharp cat eye or want to create the smokiest of eyes, this product will do it all.The texture of the gel allows the user to draw sharpest of lines or smudged out to nothing. The best part is, once its set you can literally forget it. It won’t move or run, even with water, until you are ready to take it off.

I'm not sure whether there are 9 or 10 shades. There are 9 aligned in the middle of the picture, but the set-up makes it look like there are 10.
Make sure to read her blog because she gives other information about the Gel Eyeliners.

Source: http://thebeautysleuth.com/2013/04/keep-your-knickers-on-nars-fall-2013-coming-soon/

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thye Beauty Sleuth was lucky enough to attend an event where she got to see and try the NARS Gel Eyeliners, called Eye Paints. Here's what she has to say about them:

I'm not sure whether there are 9 or 10 shades. There are 9 aligned in the middle of the picture, but the set-up makes it look like there are 10.
Make sure to read her blog because she gives other information about the Gel Eyeliners.

Source: http://thebeautysleuth.com/2013/04/keep-your-knickers-on-nars-fall-2013-coming-soon/
She says they don't dry out. SHE SAYS THEY DON'T DRY OUT!! Sorry for the repetition, but that's a huge point as far as I'm concerned, especially with the more colourful shades (i.e., not black or brown for me). I've bought a few coloured fluidlines from Mac but I can never use them fast enough to get through more than about half. I have shriveled pots of Siahi and Dark Diversion mocking me every time I reach for a liner now.

Rads

She says they don't dry out. SHE SAYS THEY DON'T DRY OUT!! Sorry for the repetition, but that's a huge point as far as I'm concerned, especially with the more colourful shades (i.e., not black or brown for me). I've bought a few coloured fluidlines from Mac but I can never use them fast enough to get through more than about half. I have shriveled pots of Siahi and Dark Diversion mocking me every time I reach for a liner now.
Hmmm....she didn't use them, did she? I think I would just wait and see about that after a couple of months :p :p but yayyyy if it really doesn't dry!!!

DILLIGAF

Try Inglot's Duraline to revive some of your older dried out liners. A little goes a long way. I actually prefer to take a bit out of the pot and add the duraline. Less mess.

aradhana

how long has she been testing them for? i was under the impression that they were a new product....

i have a blacktrack that i've owned for a few years now and it's in good shape. actually the only fluidline of mine that has started drying is uppity, and it's probably more likely because it was drier to begin with. though my brow fluidline is beginning to dry out quite quickly. i thought it might be related to the fact that i lost the little cardboard insert that sits in the cap, which probably sacrificed some of the airtightness.....

Rads

how long has she been testing them for? i was under the impression that they were a new product....

i have a blacktrack that i've owned for a few years now and it's in good shape. actually the only fluidline of mine that has started drying is uppity, and it's probably more likely because it was drier to begin with. though my brow fluidline is beginning to dry out quite quickly. i thought it might be related to the fact that i lost the little cardboard insert that sits in the cap, which probably sacrificed some of the airtightness.....
Is what I thought too...sounded like a preview, sneak peek sorts..so how does she know it won't dry out. Never know, though - a lot of people get access to products long before they are released, don't they?

aradhana

Is what I thought too...sounded like a preview, sneak peek sorts..so how does she know it won't dry out. Never know, though - a lot of people get access to products long before they are released, don't they?
that's true.
and it's good news that they don't dry out for people who face that problem regularly with the gel liners.
the aqua looks really nice!

Rads

that's true.
and it's good news that they don't dry out for people who face that problem regularly with the gel liners.
the aqua looks really nice!
The few MAC Fluidlines I have seem fine..no drying out so far, and it's been a while since I got them. I want to get at least one of these NARS ones, though, just to see what the formula is like :D :D

Miss QQ

I have MAC Blacktrack for 5 years and it hasn't dried out too. I haven't been using it a lot but last month I started using it frequently. Maybe I didn't open it much so it has dried out. These look interesting, I'm curious!

katred

Specktra Bestie

Blacktrack is really the only one that I can go through fast enough for me to really finish it. The others I have are, to be fair, probably a couple of years old, but it still frustrates me that they get so stiff and thick. It makes it difficult to apply in the smooth line that I like. Maybe I'm handling/ storing them wrong?

aradhana

Good point. I don't imagine she could have had them for the length of time it takes for something to truly dry out.

Thanks for the tip- I'm going to try this!

Blacktrack is really the only one that I can go through fast enough for me to really finish it. The others I have are, to be fair, probably a couple of years old, but it still frustrates me that they get so stiff and thick. It makes it difficult to apply in the smooth line that I like. Maybe I'm handling/ storing them wrong?
actually i was looking at mine and actually one of my bobbi brown ones is like that (the other is too new), but it's okay because it's a dark brown that i like using to achieve smudgy messy looks anyway. if it gets any dryer it may become a problem!

i always hear people saying to turn them upside down when you have them open (between eyes i guess), but i normally just close the jar.

do the sheer shades become more opaque when they get stiff/thick?

Rads

I do that - store the jars/bottles upside down, standing on the lids, and I keep them tightly closed and away from any light - but then, that's what I do for all my gel liners, not something special just for the MAC ones, and my Maybelline ones dried out completely..I just keep them around for color comparisons..and even the newer Bobbi Brown one isn't holding up too well...

Inglot Duraline seems quite popular for reviving dead liners :p I also read somewhere...blasting the jar with some heat with a blow dryer helps loosen it up a bit..

MarieMary

Another picture, sadly blurry.

It seems there is a new brush, an angled liner brush.

Source: http://instagram.com/kelleyquan1

katred

Specktra Bestie
Would make sense for them to launch a new brush with this collection. Looks like a fantastic colour selection.

MarieMary

A decent picture. Yay!

Source: http://instagram.com/p/boclKpkgfj/

I can't wait to learn more about those, I'm very very interested.

MarieMary

Solomon Islands is a pool blue, and Mozambique is an intense olive.
Check the source to see what they look like mixed together. :)

Source: http://www.wmagazine.com/beauty/2013/07/the-thick-green-line-statement-eye/

MarieMary

Here's a good look at the Eye Paints! I think they're all here.

Source: http://www.facebook.com/GlamourMexico

MACina

th_drool.gif
...sooooooooo many pretty colors
eyelove.gif

I want them all except for the brown and gold!

Salomon Islands (?) remonds me of MAC Blue Peep which I had and loved but which is d/c....

MarieMary, you mentioned 2 new blush palettes (with 3 shades) in another thread.
The one shown in this pic...is it one of those?
Here's a good look at the Eye Paints! I think they're all here.

Source: http://www.facebook.com/GlamourMexico

MarieMary

th_drool.gif
...sooooooooo many pretty colors
eyelove.gif

I want them all except for the brown and gold!

Salomon Islands (?) remonds me of MAC Blue Peep which I had and loved but which is d/c....

MarieMary, you mentioned 2 new blush palettes (with 3 shades) in another thread.
The one shown in this pic...is it one of those?
Yes, I believe it is Soulshine. And they seem to be the same size as the Pierre Hardy palettes. :)

Latest posts