New Milani Color Statement Lipstick Formula and Packaging plus Sucky Liquid Liners

Goat Goat Etc.

So completely unasked, I decided to take pics of the lippies on my crusty sick person lips outside. Enjoy.
*Note: If you see any stringy, white threads in the lipstick or around my face, it's just annoying baby wipe particles.

Nude Creme - Cream

Teddy Bare - Cream

Dulce Carmelo - Pearl

Bronze Beauty - Shimmer

Chilled Brandy - Metallic

Fruit Punch - Cream

Rose Hip - Cream

Flamingo Pose - Cream

Orange Nectar - Cream

Flirty Fuchsia - Vinyl

Black Cherry - Cream

Sangria - Matte

Edit 2-8-13 More daylight lip swatches

Violet Volt - Metallic

D'Oro - Metallic

Double Espresso - Pearl

Edit 6:20 pm 2-11-13 indoor light swatches

Cherry Craze in bright light - Metallic

Red Label - Cream

Ruby Valentine - Vinyl

Rose Amour - Cream (It's a true bubblegum)

Hot Pink Rage - Matte

Raspberry Rush - Metallic (This is a very weak shade, it's like a balm and hardly metallic. I do not recommend...unless you like that sort of thing. I'll be returning this.)

Uptown Mauve- Cream

Chocolate Berries - Cream

Edit 2-13-13

Plum Rose- Cream (Though it looks like a boring pink brown cream in the tube, it's actually a tame pink-mauve! This is an unexpected favorite!)

Best Red - Matte

harlem_cutie

Once again, thank you for the swatches. Black Cherry looks promising! I ordered:

Uptown Mauve
Naturally Chic
Flirty Fuchsia
Sweet Nectar
Teddy Bare
Sangria
Violet Volt
Rose Hip

I agree that VV is a good dupe for Violetta. I did the same swatch this morning. VV has a little too much blue for my skin coloring though so it makes my lips look ghastly. I'm NC 37-40 for ref with olive undertones and pigmented lips. I love Naturally Chic looks like a dupe for Hug Me. Teddy Bare was too brown on me. Sweet Nectar applied dry and cakey. Maybe I got a bad one? Currently wearing Sangria. Love! I have to swatch the rest but we've had no sunlight here so my pics are off color.

neondust

I've been wondering if the rose hip looks exactly like the old one did. I'm absolutely horrible at comparing colors if I don't have the other in front of me. I'm actually just bad at thinking colors will look way and then get them on me and look completely different.. I've been meaning to take my old rose hip to compare. I'm also going for the hot pink rage, it def isn't as what I would consider a "hot pink" but its matte...and anything pink and matte find there way into my already to big lipstick collection... and for now that and nude cream are the ones I want to try.

Goat Goat Etc.

What's the staying power on these?
I don't know what people consider the standard hours of wear, so I don't want to bias any decisions. But the longest I've worn one, Rose Hip or Fruit Punch, was 7 hours. I had to touch up after eating and the cream sheen died overtime. *shrugs* But I still had the tube color and lord afterward my lips were pigmented when I wiped it off. Yesterday taking those lip swatches, less than a minute of application and my lips were stained.

Goat Goat Etc.

I've been wondering if the rose hip looks exactly like the old one did. I'm absolutely horrible at comparing colors if I don't have the other in front of me. I'm actually just bad at thinking colors will look way and then get them on me and look completely different.. I've been meaning to take my old rose hip to compare. I'm also going for the hot pink rage, it def isn't as what I would consider a "hot pink" but its matte...and anything pink and matte find there way into my already to big lipstick collection... and for now that and nude cream are the ones I want to try.
They're pretty close, just different formula, smell, and lasting power. The newer Rose Hip is cooler and the older one is warmer, but it's something you barely notice.
**Note: Please ignore my faint wrist hairs that are being extra magnified.

ROSE HIP
Old Milani - Left, New Milani- Right

Edit: 4:00PM

Orange Nectar and (Old Milani) Mandarina
Mandarina- Left, Orange Nectar - Right

Black Cherry
Old- Left New- Right

Violet Volt
MAC Violetta - Left, Violet Volt- Right

Goat Goat Etc.

So did some swatches on toilet paper to compare the Color Statement (cs) l/s to older or close alternatives. BTW, waited about 30 minutes or so indoors before taking pics of the swatches, oil from certain swatches is being absorbed by the toilet paper!

Column 1 Top-Bottom : Milani Violet Volt, MAC Violetta, Milani Orange Nectar, Old Milani Mandarina
Column 2 T-B: Milani D'Oro, Milani Bronze Beauty, Old Milani Bonfire
Column 3 T-B: Milani Black Cherry, Old Milani Black Cherry
Column 4 T-B: Milani Rose Hip, Old Milani Rose Hip

Daylight Swatches w/o flash

In bright daylight with flash

LAKESHA1908

I never liked the old Milani formula therefore Rose Hip and a few others never were worn....Since, the formula change I may pick some of these up!!!

Goat Goat Etc.

Wow, ok youtubers are now receiving pink lip bags for the collection of pink and coral lipsticks. One girl got both red and pink bags! So perhaps a brown and purple lip bag might be coming.

Edit: But I now feel more confident about my purchase of Rose Amore and Hot Pink Rage is w/e.

xlisaa

I really want to try Sangria! I had the old Black Cherry, but it applied very uneven for me, so I decided to try the new one. I like it a lot better! Here's my swatch :)

Goat Goat Etc.

Though I must say, the original dark cherry was darker and redder. The swatch I did of the old versus new black cherry showed that the new version is plummy.

Goat Goat Etc.

Ok call me impressed. Ordered Rose Amour, Chocolate Berries, and Cherry Crave on Friday and they arrived today.
Also it was lovely being greeted by the delivery when I went bananas at the grocery store more than an hour ago and bought 5 more lippies.

This is a gateway drug

Flash - Cherry Craze, Chocolate Berries, Rose Amour, and Raspberry Rush

Lip pencils in Fuchsia and Brandy

Red Label, Cherry Craze, and Ruby Valentine

Lipswatches taken indoors facing up toward lights

Cherry Craze in bright light - Metallic

Red Label - Cream

Ruby Valentine - Vinyl

Rose Amour - Cream (It's a true bubblegum)

Hot Pink Rage - Matte

Raspberry Rush - Metallic (This is a very weak shade, it's like a balm and hardly metallic. I do not recommend...unless you like that sort of thing. I'll be returning this.)

Uptown Mauve- Cream

Chocolate Berries - Cream

Latest posts