Chanel Hong Kong Collection - Available Now!

CartoonChic

This makes me consider Eastern Light:
http://www.kaisobsessions.com/?p=1476
I'm just waiting for the polishes to be in stock.
tumbleweed.gif

Haven

Has anyone seen this in U.S. stores yet? I really would like to swatch the shadow palette.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Review of the palette and swatches from BTiB:

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.ca/2013/02/chanel-ombres-matelassees-eyeshadow.html

Very, pretty, although I have to admit that I feel like I have similar colours. Very interested in the two nail polishes, though!

Icecaramellatte

Stopped by bergdorff and they didn't know what I was talking about. Bloomies told me March when I called. I tried to call Saks because best things in beauty said she bought hers at a Saks but they wouldn't pick up the phone when I called 3 times. I took a chance and went there and they had it. I bought the old green one too. Saks seems to get these types of items first. I may have to look into getting one of their reward cards. So any NYC girls in a rush to get this, Saks has it. Sorry I forgot to look for the polish as I wasn't into those.

Rads

Saw this collection online - chanel.com I just ordered the darker nail polish - Western Light - and after taxes $32.50 is ouchhhhhhhhhhh! Hope the color turns out good..it looked in all the swatches that I saw.

Swatches of Eastern Light (white) and Western Light (dark) here:

http://retailtherapy.onsugar.com/Chanel-Hong-Kong-Collection-Eastern-Light-Western-Light-Vernis-28174578

I liked the white one but amn't sure if it would look that great on my hands. I hardly ever use Attraction, but this is a beautiful creamy white...

MissTT

I just saw this too. I was considering it, but now I don't know. There are so many other collections coming out for Spring and I'm thinking of trying the Le Metier de Beaute, too.

Rads

The new eyeshadow palette for spring? I have never tried anything from Le Metier....though, the SA at my local Nordstrom counter is such a supercute guy I want to go shop there just cos of him :D :D

MissTT

girlhaha.gif
Go for it.
LMdB isn't at all Nordstroms and the new palette is not out at Nordstrom yet. LiveChat said they were definitely getting it, but my SA called 4 different stores and they said there's no LMdB rep it's just on an endcap so no one knows anything about it. It's on the NM website now though.

Rads

girlhaha.gif
Go for it.
LMdB isn't at all Nordstroms and the new palette is not out at Nordstrom yet. LiveChat said they were definitely getting it, but my SA called 4 different stores and they said there's no LMdB rep it's just on an endcap so no one knows anything about it. It's on the NM website now though.
Did you see this:

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/02/le-metier-de-beaute-melange-de-colour_21.html

MissTT

Nope, Rads. Thanks for posting the link!

ETA: Those readers are strange. One of them called the blogger's recommended SA who's told her the palette is sold out. He's putting them on a list and asking the company to produce more. (Really? a company will make more of a product b/c an SA asks them to?
hmm.gif
) All the while this palette is ready to purchase from NM online with free shipping. I don't get it...

btw the swatches are nice, but I'd prefer to see them on your pretty skin.
eyelove.gif

Rads

Nope, Rads. Thanks for posting the link!

ETA: Those readers are strange. One of them called the blogger's recommended SA who's told her the palette is sold out. He's putting them on a list and asking the company to produce more. (Really? a company will make more of a product b/c an SA asks them to?
hmm.gif
) All the while this palette is ready to purchase from NM online with free shipping. I don't get it...

btw the swatches are nice, but I'd prefer to see them on your pretty skin.
eyelove.gif
Oh..I didn't check the comments earlier! That is really the oddest thing I have heard/read..."to produce more" ??!!!! He (or the person commenting) probably meant he will "order" more?? :D :D Someone has added in a link to the NM site there....."If you're dying to get your hands on it"....
girlhaha.gif

I ordered some Chanel products from Saks after reading about it there - and to be fair, I didn't order it right away so am not blaming anyone here - but my local Nordstrom counter had everything available (and I did swatch most of it there) long before my order reached me. It's just that most of us get so excited about all these products, we don't realize if we wait a day or two we can actually just buy it in person at a counter :D :D :D I did get a cute white pouch and some samples, though...Nordstrom never gives me anything :|

I doubt if I would ever get that palette...I do like all the browns and bronzes in there - won't use all the colors though. I wonder why they don't have those kaleidoscope things with empty slots so we can build our own custom palette of sorts..won't that be awesome?

MissTT

Charleston Girl just said Nordies will not be getting the palette, but when I did LiveChat the SA said they had just spoken to the LMdB Rep on Monday and was told they would be getting the palette. The Chat SA knew all about the palette and was really excited. She said only a select few Nordstrom stores would be getting it. I was given the number to Fashion Island.
Btw, I thought I read somewhere that you could create your own kaleidoscopes in store. Please don't quote me on that. Maybe call a counter and see.

I love receiving samples although I rarely use them. Isn't that odd? I don't have any of these major department stores in my state so I always have to buy online. I do work with a Nordstrom SA by phone who is across the country. She puts samples in my packages for me. TONS of them.

Rads

Charleston Girl just said Nordies will not be getting the palette, but when I did LiveChat the SA said they had just spoken to the LMdB Rep on Monday and was told they would be getting the palette. The Chat SA knew all about the palette and was really excited. She said only a select few Nordstrom stores would be getting it. I was given the number to Fashion Island.
Btw, I thought I read somewhere that you could create your own kaleidoscopes in store. Please don't quote me on that. Maybe call a counter and see.

I love receiving samples although I rarely use them. Isn't that odd? I don't have any of these major department stores in my state so I always have to buy online. I do work with a Nordstrom SA by phone who is across the country. She puts samples in my packages for me. TONS of them.
You probably shop with the same SA/store quite often, so they would be more than happy to give you samples, I guess. I buy online from the Chanel website most of the time....not so much at the store - most times I just swatch and walk away....I amn't surprised the SA there never looks too excited to see me :p :p :D But I have bought a couple of times and never got anything...and get charged for the bag too (is hardly anything..but still). We don't get charged for those Chanel paper bags in India...is that something very common here?

I asked the "cute guy" SA at my Nordstrom about custom palettes, and he said that option isn't available currently....I thinkkkkkkkkkk he mentioned that you could pop out and change shadows in the kaleidoscopes, though you couldn't buy it with your own choice of shades...I amn't too sure..fuzzzzy memory :D The Nordstrom near my place, they get a LOT of the new products way before it shows up on the Nordies site. If I go there this weekend, I will stop by the counter and post an update here :)

Latest posts