Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Urban Decay Glinda and theodora palettes

Anyone purchased the new Glinda and theodora palettes? I personally have the Primer potion and Naked Palette which I just love love love!!! Your thoughts about the new palette?

They are both on their way to me as I type! Temptalia.com gave them both really good grades (A-)!! I'm super excited to try them out!!
    TEAM LOW-BUY! Our Motto: "Buy Less. Enjoy More!"
    Instagram: tayaparker
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tayaparker1/

I bought both the day they came out on UD's website. I love both of them!

I am a huge urban decay fan and I collect almost all of their palettes so I will defiantly buy both of these!

I ordered both the day that they were released on the UD website. I posted a review about them on my blog. http://butterflyeyesga.wordpress.com...dora-palettes/
    I love them both. UD is one of my favorite brands for eye shadows (love the formula) and I only use their primer potion regardless of what brand shadow I am using. I also posted a few looks in a separate blog post I did using both palettes (will post more for the Glinda palette when I get a chance to).

I got the Glinda and like it a lot! Considering Theodora. I really don't find myself wearing brown or green eyeshadows but maybe I should give it a shot. I will probably wait until I get a chance to check it out in person at Sephora.

I got both at sephora. was just going to get Glinda because I already gave naked1 and basics so I didn't think I needed more browns. but I was wrong lol I had to get both of them! haven't worn anything but the lip pencil yet!

I got both, wasn't going to get Theodora but glad i did, love it.

Picture doesn't give the swatches justice, they're gorgeous and more pigmented irl.

I got both, but Theodora is definitely my favorite. I bought Glinda to get out of my comfort zone, but I love the colors in there a lot too.

These are also being discusssed in the UD Spring 2013 thread. Not sure why a separate thread was started for these?

OK ladies, for those who have their OZ palettes in hand, I have a question for you.

I purchased my Theodora palette yesterday at Sephora.

When I got home and checked it out, the top left shadow(light shade) and bottom right shadow(duo green) don't seem to settle down in the wells like the rest do.

Almost like the tin is warped. Anyone else having a problem with their palette like this? I haven't used it yet, but I am so OCD about that kind of stuff, I will be exchanging mine soon.

***look for the crazy girl opening up all the Theodora palettes in your nearest Sephora***

Update on my post above:

Went to Sephora to exchange my palette.

Looked at about 6 palettes and most are like that, at least one or two shadows don't sit in the wells properly.

FINALLY found a good one, and switched mine out. My OCD rests now! Hahahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shellcat View Post
    Update on my post above:

Went to Sephora to exchange my palette.

Looked at about 6 palettes and most are like that, at least one or two shadows don't sit in the wells properly.

FINALLY found a good one, and switched mine out. My OCD rests now! Hahahaha!!!
    I'll have to look again! You know I'm EXACTLY the same as you about these sorta things! I did notice my Theodora Palette doesn't snap closed like the Glinda one. It closes but kind of falls open... So I'm going to call UD first thing Mon for an exchange.

Other than the palette problems... do you like the colors?

Shellcat, I have had my palettes for about a week now, but I had to go back and take a close look to see if I saw the problem you mentioned. Mine are fine and so are the 2 that I ordered for a friend. Maybe I was lucky...I ordered from UD but I did notice that PixieDancer mentioned an issue with her Theodora palette not snapping closed like the Glinda one she has (I assume she ordered from UD since she said she would be contacting UD). I haven't heard anyone else mentioning an issue so far...so hopefully it's not a widespread issue.

I LOVE the colors! Glad you talked me into getting them!

My Glinda palette will be shipped from UD, hopefully soon! And crossing my fingers no problems with it. I swatched the shades at Sephora and they are divine as well!!!

Call UD, they should send you out another, and hopefully you won't have to return the defective one. But yes, I have to have my palette perfect, only I can mess the damn thing up! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflyeyes View Post
    Shellcat, I have had my palettes for about a week now, but I had to go back and take a close look to see if I saw the problem you mentioned. Mine are fine and so are the 2 that I ordered for a friend. Maybe I was lucky...I ordered from UD but I did notice that PixieDancer mentioned an issue with her Theodora palette not snapping closed like the Glinda one she has (I assume she ordered from UD since she said she would be contacting UD). I haven't heard anyone else mentioning an issue so far...so hopefully it's not a widespread issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PixieDancer View Post
    I'll have to look again! You know I'm EXACTLY the same as you about these sorta things! I did notice my Theodora Palette doesn't snap closed like the Glinda one. It closes but kind of falls open... So I'm going to call UD first thing Mon for an exchange.

Other than the palette problems... do you like the colors?
    Yes I agree, I have the same problem but it's still ok, I mean I won't return it at Sephora it's a slight problem in fact. But I know what you mean.
    TEAMENABLEEVERYBODYINTOBUYINGEVERYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by Shellcat View Post
    Elegant One made me do it.
    HA!!!!!!!! Your whole post made me laugh!
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    Hey cutie! No...I just ordered the Theodora. Darn thing better not be defective! The colors look divine.
    HA!!!!!!!! Your whole post made me laugh!
    I'm crossing my fingers you get a good one! I cannot decide which one of these I like better! The Theodora is what I typically would gravitate to, but I can't take my eyes off the Glinda! Let us know what you think of Theodora!!

I bought both and love both. Pigmentation is amazing. Colors are great! Lip products and liners are also amazing. Really a good deal for what you get!

i love urban decay eye shadows i have all of their palettes, so these palettes are a definite buy

I just got the Theodora palette. The colors are GORGEOUS on!!! I used West just on the lid up to crease & then used Beware above the crease, Broken just under brow & the black liner just on the top lash line. Darn I LOVE it Thanks to all who talked me into it

Ladies due to brief stay in the hospital I was out of the loop. Yesterday my family came and got me out and took me on a quick tour of my local Sephora. I really like the Glinda palette. The textures of the UD shadows are what keeps me using them again and again. Also knowing how much a BYO palette cost this is very very cost effective.
    Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
    THIS IS SPECKTRA!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Ladies due to brief stay in the hospital I was out of the loop. Yesterday my family came and got me out and took me on a quick tour of my local Sephora. I really like the Glinda palette. The textures of the UD shadows are what keeps me using them again and again. Also knowing how much a BYO palette cost this is very very cost effective.
    Hope you are feeling better, DILLIGAF. Glad you got the Glinda palette!

I couldn't decide whether to do a look with Glinda or Theodora today. Went with Theodora. So beautiful! I love the color Bewitched.

Any ideas on what to do with the Glinda palette? I contemplated returning it only for a brief second b/c I think if you have a palette, everything you need should be in it. Everything I thought of required me to grab another shadow from someplace else. However, I love the Glinda lip pencil and the shadows are too great, in quality to return. The only one that kinda sucks is magic (the pink). The gold shade is so awesome and so unique to other golds I've used that I don't mind holding tissue under my eye to catch fallout. :lol: I just need some ideas about color combos.

I haven't picked one up yet, but I'm really eyeing both to be honest! I think they are unique and a must have for my collection

So, I went ahead and bought Theodora today. From the two palettes, I can pull together a lot of looks. I really could only come up with one, maybe two that I was satisfied with from Glinda. So, using them both together is more satisfying. $100 for 2 palettes is a lot, but it's fantastic quality.

I'm doing much much better thanks to everyone that showed concern. Now I need some enabling. Should I really bite the bullet and get the Theodora palette as well? Especially if I already have the NAKED 1 palette?
    Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
    THIS IS SPECKTRA!!!!!!!

I'm doing much much better thanks to everyone that showed concern. Now I need some enabling. Should I really bite the bullet and get the Theodora palette as well? Especially if I already have the NAKED 1 palette?
    I would say yes. I have both Naked palettes, but I wouldn't say that the colors in Theodora are the same at all. Plus...you can argue the point that the Naked 1 palette is made using the old formula...and if I'm not mistaken if you really love it you might want to tread lightly with it. I think they finally stopped making it so once all of the retailers sell out it's gone for good. But yes...I'll be the devil on your shoulder and say you NEED to buy it lol

The Theodora palette has nothing in common with the Naked 1, colours and pigments are really different. I think Theodora is very interesting and wearable, personally I intend to do dramatic, intense looks and makeups with both palettes even if the Glenda one is definitely softer.
    As it is LE I would recommand it !
    TEAMENABLEEVERYBODYINTOBUYINGEVERYTHING

I hope you are doing well! hugs

The colors & smooth as butter, highly pigmented shadows in the Theadora are wonderful. The ivory color is amazing - even though we all have 9128365876 highlight colors. This one is great.

Shontay - you crack me up girl LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast