Urban Decay Glinda and theodora palettes

5tyles

Ahh so much for giving up buying makeup for a bit. UD has their F&F sale so I ended up buying Glinda to accompany my Theodora palette. :( but I can't wait for it to come!

MissBeautyBunni

Decided on Glinda a few weeks back only because I felt like I had so many browns and greens already. I may give it another look when I visit Sephora again if only for the packaging
amuse.gif

(Glinda)

(Theodora)

fabulousmoolah

I did end up getting the Glinda but it sucks that I didn't know the UD FF sale was coming up. I got it from sephora to add up my points + so I could use a deluxe sample code. I know UD had a FF sale not even a whole year ago....how many do they have?

sailordom

I did end up getting the Glinda but it sucks that I didn't know the UD FF sale was coming up. I got it from sephora to add up my points + so I could use a deluxe sample code. I know UD had a FF sale not even a whole year ago....how many do they have?
They have two -- one in the spring and one in the fall. This year's feels a little early; I can't quite remember when last spring's sale was, but I think it was in March. And OMG, I adore your screen name! I love her!

iATEaSEAmonster

I just purchased the Glinda palette! I love it, but I'm not really into the lip product. I'll probably give it to a friend or something.

Starlight77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellcat

OK ladies, for those who have their OZ palettes in hand, I have a question for you.

I purchased my Theodora palette yesterday at Sephora.

When I got home and checked it out, the top left shadow(light shade) and bottom right shadow(duo green) don't seem to settle down in the wells like the rest do.

Almost like the tin is warped.
001_unsure.gif
Anyone else having a problem with their palette like this? I haven't used it yet, but I am so OCD about that kind of stuff, I will be exchanging mine soon.

***look for the crazy girl opening up all the Theodora palettes in your nearest Sephora***
greengrin.gif

I'm OCD too and you made me check mine and my Glinda palette did same thing. Tornado locked in but it wobbled. didn't fall out when upside down but still annoyed me. I tried other shadows in that same spot and they all did it so i knew it was the palette not the shadow. I figured i'd mess with it since i was bringing it back... i took tweezers and 'gently' i mean GENTLY moved the little latch part outward and WOOHOO went in snug and tight. no more wobbles.

I checked the palette in store before I left and it was fine. My son dropped my bag in mall so maybe the dropping of it knocks them out a little? dunno but I was just so happy it worked
cheerleader.gif

Knope2012

Now that I have both palettes, I love Theodora the most. It's great for a smoky eye, and it's just a great palette to have for traveling. Also, the red pencil is one of the most gorgeous lip colors I've ever tried on. It makes me wish that it was sold separately so I could pick up another one.

VampyCouture

Now that I have both palettes, I love Theodora the most. It's great for a smoky eye, and it's just a great palette to have for traveling. Also, the red pencil is one of the most gorgeous lip colors I've ever tried on. It makes me wish that it was sold separately so I could pick up another one.
It is. It is the super-saturated lip pencil under the name F-Bomb. I agree, it's a fabulous red!

Hilde

And the one in the Glinda palette is "naked" it's just renamed for the palette like the shadows in the alice in wonderland palette. They do this sometimes.

deanfour

I agree. Nothing really stood out on these pallettes for me. I already have so many with similar colors. I'll wait on the next one.

Knope2012

It is. It is the super-saturated lip pencil under the name F-Bomb. I agree, it's a fabulous red!
Yay! Thank you for letting me know! Sorry for the confusion, I knew that the eyeshadows were supposed to be new shades, but I hadn't read that the pencils were just renamed.

VampyCouture

Yay! Thank you for letting me know! Sorry for the confusion, I knew that the eyeshadows were supposed to be new shades, but I hadn't read that the pencils were just renamed.
No problem! I'm happy it is permanent, because that lippie is a standout! I'm glad you are liking it
pretty.gif

Spikesmom

At the Sephora store, the associate told me, "they are supposed to come in and out". I looked at her with a WTF look and said, " I KNOW that, but they are also supposed to settle in the wells and NOT pop out on their own".
WTF2.gif

She left me alone after that...LOL!
Oh man, SO sorry I didn't see that!

I ordered the Glenda palette this weekend during a giant pity party haul for myself.
blink.gif
type.gif

jennyap

I got both of these palettes, and I love them. Wasn't sure about getting Theodora at first, but I'm so glad I did. These are my first UD shadows and talk about pigmented!

I'm wearing the Glinda lip pencil for the first time today, and I'm glad this is a perm product, because it is fabulous. It is an utterly perfect MLBB shade on me - so much so that when I was applying it in not-so-good indoor light I was struggling to see where I'd put it!

butterflyeyes

I know that it is said that Glinda is the Naked lippie but when I tested both (I had a Naked lippie but gave it to a friend) they had a slight difference. Naked appeared a bit deeper in color on me versus Glinda. Maybe it was just a batch situation but I was able to see a difference in both lippies while wearing them. I wish I would have taken a picture of both colors being worn so I could show what I mean.

shontay07108

There was only the slightest of difference between the Glinda pencil and the Naked pencil. I mean the slightest. That's why I bought the Naked pencil because I was obsessed with that color and I returned Glinda and Theodora. After trying several times with both, I couldn't justify the price and the quality of 2-3 shadows in each. I wish I could mix and match between palettes, but of course, I can't. I enjoy UD individual shadows, but I won't be purchasing any more palettes. It's just a waste of money and time for me when they haven't been what I hoped for. I'm SO glad Naked is so close to Glinda because again, I love that lip color.

butterflyeyes

There was only the slightest of difference between the Glinda pencil and the Naked pencil. I mean the slightest. That's why I bought the Naked pencil because I was obsessed with that color and I returned Glinda and Theodora. After trying several times with both, I couldn't justify the price and the quality of 2-3 shadows in each. I wish I could mix and match between palettes, but of course, I can't. I enjoy UD individual shadows, but I won't be purchasing any more palettes. It's just a waste of money and time for me when they haven't been what I hoped for. I'm SO glad Naked is so close to Glinda because again, I love that lip color.
I'm sorry they didn't work out for you. I've had a ball playing with both palettes and coming up with looks. Even the shadows I thought would be absolute dudes (mainly the glitters) I was able to work with and make look good. I know some people were talking about selling the shadows that they didn't care for from each palette at or near what it would cost retail...not sure how that will go over though. I've never purchased makeup from private sellers, but if there is a market out there for it then that's a great idea...and a way to make more than you paid getting the palettes lol.

shontay07108

The funny thing is that the problem shadows for me aren't the ones that involve fallout. I used a piece of tissue under my eye to catch the shades that give fallout. My problem with Glinda, for example was the pink shade. That was a huge dud for me. Nothing I did worked. For Theodora it was the black/gold duo. Poor color payoff for me. I wish I could take the top row of Theodora, all the neutrals and from Glinda, the purple, gold/silver duo and the taupe color at the end. That would've been perfect, but I'm not going to keep thinking about it or I'll be sad. :lol:

Latest posts