Urban Decay Glinda and theodora palettes

Racheling

Anyone purchased the new Glinda and theodora palettes? I personally have the Primer potion and Naked Palette which I just love love love!!! Your thoughts about the new palette?

PixieDancer

They are both on their way to me as I type! Temptalia.com gave them both really good grades (A-)!! I'm super excited to try them out!!

angelspice

I am a huge urban decay fan and I collect almost all of their palettes so I will defiantly buy both of these!

butterflyeyes

I ordered both the day that they were released on the UD website. I posted a review about them on my blog. http://butterflyeyesga.wordpress.co...iew-urban-decay-glinda-and-theodora-palettes/
I love them both. UD is one of my favorite brands for eye shadows (love the formula) and I only use their primer potion regardless of what brand shadow I am using. I also posted a few looks in a separate blog post I did using both palettes (will post more for the Glinda palette when I get a chance to).

kirsten

I got the Glinda and like it a lot! Considering Theodora. I really don't find myself wearing brown or green eyeshadows but maybe I should give it a shot. I will probably wait until I get a chance to check it out in person at Sephora.

Naughtyp

I got both at sephora. was just going to get Glinda because I already gave naked1 and basics so I didn't think I needed more browns. but I was wrong lol I had to get both of them! haven't worn anything but the lip pencil yet!

NATlar

I got both, wasn't going to get Theodora but glad i did, love it.

Picture doesn't give the swatches justice, they're gorgeous and more pigmented irl.

VampyCouture

I got both, but Theodora is definitely my favorite. I bought Glinda to get out of my comfort zone, but I love the colors in there a lot too.

MaryJane

These are also being discusssed in the UD Spring 2013 thread. Not sure why a separate thread was started for these?

Shellcat

OK ladies, for those who have their OZ palettes in hand, I have a question for you.

I purchased my Theodora palette yesterday at Sephora.

When I got home and checked it out, the top left shadow(light shade) and bottom right shadow(duo green) don't seem to settle down in the wells like the rest do.

Almost like the tin is warped.
001_unsure.gif
Anyone else having a problem with their palette like this? I haven't used it yet, but I am so OCD about that kind of stuff, I will be exchanging mine soon.

***look for the crazy girl opening up all the Theodora palettes in your nearest Sephora***
greengrin.gif

Shellcat

Update on my post above:

Went to Sephora to exchange my palette.

Looked at about 6 palettes and most are like that, at least one or two shadows don't sit in the wells properly.

FINALLY found a good one, and switched mine out. My OCD rests now! Hahahaha!!!

PixieDancer

Update on my post above:

Went to Sephora to exchange my palette.

Looked at about 6 palettes and most are like that, at least one or two shadows don't sit in the wells properly.

FINALLY found a good one, and switched mine out. My OCD rests now! Hahahaha!!!
I'll have to look again! You know I'm EXACTLY the same as you about these sorta things! I did notice my Theodora Palette doesn't snap closed like the Glinda one. It closes but kind of falls open... So I'm going to call UD first thing Mon for an exchange.

Other than the palette problems... do you like the colors?

butterflyeyes

Shellcat, I have had my palettes for about a week now, but I had to go back and take a close look to see if I saw the problem you mentioned. Mine are fine and so are the 2 that I ordered for a friend. Maybe I was lucky...I ordered from UD but I did notice that PixieDancer mentioned an issue with her Theodora palette not snapping closed like the Glinda one she has (I assume she ordered from UD since she said she would be contacting UD). I haven't heard anyone else mentioning an issue so far...so hopefully it's not a widespread issue.

Shellcat

I LOVE the colors! Glad you talked me into getting them!
bouquet.gif

My Glinda palette will be shipped from UD, hopefully soon! And crossing my fingers no problems with it. I swatched the shades at Sephora and they are divine as well!!!

Call UD, they should send you out another, and hopefully you won't have to return the defective one. But yes, I have to have my palette perfect, only I can mess the damn thing up! LOL!

Shellcat, I have had my palettes for about a week now, but I had to go back and take a close look to see if I saw the problem you mentioned. Mine are fine and so are the 2 that I ordered for a friend. Maybe I was lucky...I ordered from UD but I did notice that PixieDancer mentioned an issue with her Theodora palette not snapping closed like the Glinda one she has (I assume she ordered from UD since she said she would be contacting UD). I haven't heard anyone else mentioning an issue so far...so hopefully it's not a widespread issue.

Dominique33

I'll have to look again! You know I'm EXACTLY the same as you about these sorta things! I did notice my Theodora Palette doesn't snap closed like the Glinda one. It closes but kind of falls open... So I'm going to call UD first thing Mon for an exchange.

Other than the palette problems... do you like the colors?
Yes I agree, I have the same problem but it's still ok, I mean I won't return it at Sephora it's a slight problem in fact. But I know what you mean.

PixieDancer

Hey cutie! No...I just ordered the Theodora. Darn thing better not be defective! The colors look divine.
HA!!!!!!!!
greengrin.gif
Your whole post made me laugh!
I'm crossing my fingers you get a good one! I cannot decide which one of these I like better! The Theodora is what I typically would gravitate to, but I can't take my eyes off the Glinda! Let us know what you think of Theodora!!

Haven

I bought both and love both. Pigmentation is amazing. Colors are great! Lip products and liners are also amazing. Really a good deal for what you get!

melissa20

i love urban decay eye shadows i have all of their palettes, so these palettes are a definite buy

Latest posts