Urban Decay Glinda and theodora palettes

elegant-one

I just got the Theodora palette. The colors are GORGEOUS on!!! I used West just on the lid up to crease & then used Beware above the crease, Broken just under brow & the black liner just on the top lash line. Darn I LOVE it
eyelove.gif
Thanks to all who talked me into it
poke.gif

DILLIGAF

Ladies due to brief stay in the hospital I was out of the loop. Yesterday my family came and got me out and took me on a quick tour of my local Sephora. I really like the Glinda palette. The textures of the UD shadows are what keeps me using them again and again. Also knowing how much a BYO palette cost this is very very cost effective.

VampyCouture

Ladies due to brief stay in the hospital I was out of the loop. Yesterday my family came and got me out and took me on a quick tour of my local Sephora. I really like the Glinda palette. The textures of the UD shadows are what keeps me using them again and again. Also knowing how much a BYO palette cost this is very very cost effective.
Hope you are feeling better, DILLIGAF. Glad you got the Glinda palette!

I couldn't decide whether to do a look with Glinda or Theodora today. Went with Theodora. So beautiful! I love the color Bewitched.

shontay07108

Any ideas on what to do with the Glinda palette? I contemplated returning it only for a brief second b/c I think if you have a palette, everything you need should be in it. Everything I thought of required me to grab another shadow from someplace else. However, I love the Glinda lip pencil and the shadows are too great, in quality to return. The only one that kinda sucks is magic (the pink). The gold shade is so awesome and so unique to other golds I've used that I don't mind holding tissue under my eye to catch fallout. :lol: I just need some ideas about color combos.

13maggieann

I haven't picked one up yet, but I'm really eyeing both to be honest! I think they are unique and a must have for my collection :)

shontay07108

So, I went ahead and bought Theodora today. From the two palettes, I can pull together a lot of looks. I really could only come up with one, maybe two that I was satisfied with from Glinda. So, using them both together is more satisfying. $100 for 2 palettes is a lot, but it's fantastic quality.

DILLIGAF

I'm doing much much better thanks to everyone that showed concern. Now I need some enabling. Should I really bite the bullet and get the Theodora palette as well? Especially if I already have the NAKED 1 palette?

butterflyeyes

I'm doing much much better thanks to everyone that showed concern. Now I need some enabling. Should I really bite the bullet and get the Theodora palette as well? Especially if I already have the NAKED 1 palette?
I would say yes. I have both Naked palettes, but I wouldn't say that the colors in Theodora are the same at all. Plus...you can argue the point that the Naked 1 palette is made using the old formula...and if I'm not mistaken if you really love it you might want to tread lightly with it. I think they finally stopped making it so once all of the retailers sell out it's gone for good. But yes...I'll be the devil on your shoulder and say you NEED to buy it lol

Dominique33

The Theodora palette has nothing in common with the Naked 1, colours and pigments are really different. I think Theodora is very interesting and wearable, personally I intend to do dramatic, intense looks and makeups with both palettes even if the Glenda one is definitely softer.
As it is LE I would recommand it !

elegant-one

I hope you are doing well! hugs

The colors & smooth as butter, highly pigmented shadows in the Theadora are wonderful. The ivory color is amazing - even though we all have 9128365876 highlight colors. This one is great.

Shontay - you crack me up girl LOL

Knope2012

I finally ordered Theodora! I say finally when I got the Glinda one two days ago, but anyway
girlhaha.gif
I'm very excited for some new green eyeshadows, and I want to see what I can do with it when I combine it with the Glinda shades. I did a look with some neutral Glinda shades and MAC Cream Soda today, and they go together so well!

DILLIGAF

I will get the palette from Sephora.com I don't think my mother and my father like the frequent trips we've been making to Sephora since they got here. LOL
I'm going to convince my sister to get the palettes as well. Like me she feel in love with the Glinda palette and just brushed the Theodora one off as another neutral pallette.

Naughtyp

I would say yes. I have both Naked palettes, but I wouldn't say that the colors in Theodora are the same at all. Plus...you can argue the point that the Naked 1 palette is made using the old formula...and if I'm not mistaken if you really love it you might want to tread lightly with it. I think they finally stopped making it so once all of the retailers sell out it's gone for good. But yes...I'll be the devil on your shoulder and say you NEED to buy it lol
uhoh! i love thge NAKED1!! i am nowhere close to finishing it but now im cosidering a BU! i use it everyday i wear makeup. i got both OZ palattes tho, t so i am going to start using them lol, even out the wear a lil =)

butterflyeyes

uhoh! i love thge NAKED1!! i am nowhere close to finishing it but now im cosidering a BU! i use it everyday i wear makeup. i got both OZ palattes tho, t so i am going to start using them lol, even out the wear a lil =)
I thought about grabbing a back up also...even though I am nowhere near out of it and I honestly can't see running out anytime soon lol. The info from UD is a little inconsistent...but I have been told by the PR Dept that they have stopped producing Naked 1, but will sell the stock that they have until it's gone. They haven't officially announced that though...but they didn't do so with the Vice palette either. I ended up with a BU of the Vice palette which in hindsight I am glad that I did. That palette grew on me. I have way too many eye shadows so I know I don't NEED any BU's but...need is such a subjective word lol

Dominique33

I got both, wasn't going to get Theodora but glad i did, love it.

Picture doesn't give the swatches justice, they're gorgeous and more pigmented irl.
Just the same, I first picked up the Glinda one and I didn't know what to do for the Theodora, I purchased it too and honestly they are both great, very pigmented indeed and the duos are really pretty, great makeups to do for all occasions and seasons.

Knope2012

I can't wait for my Theodora palette to get here! I ordered it Friday and it's shipped, but hasn't had any movement yet. I can't wait to do a look with that red lipstick!

Hilde

I simply had to order these XD I'm really liking this new concept of popping out colors and building your own palette that they've got going here with the oz palettes and the BYO palettes. Here's hoping they continue to make these kinds of palettes in the future and more BYO palettes with different designs on the outside so that i can easily identify them.

Latest posts