Les Beiges de Chanel

Dominique33

Your wallet can start dancing, the price here will be around 48 € !
The packaging is pretty and the powder looks gorgeous so I think it's worth the price and the dance !
cheerleader.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Katred,

Which Hourglass powder did you get? I have Dim and can't decide if it's a keeper or not.
I got Mood Light. It has enough pigment to be both a blush and a highlighter, depending on how I apply it. It's a bit pigmented for an overall powder unless I apply with a very light hand. The lighter, brighter shades- Diffused and Ethereal- are probably better for that. I quite like mine so far. It definitely seems to soften my appearance, which is what it says it should do. I don't know where they got the lavender description, though. On me it's a neutral beige-pink and if anything, it leans a little warm.

franlynne

I got Mood Light. It has enough pigment to be both a blush and a highlighter, depending on how I apply it. It's a bit pigmented for an overall powder unless I apply with a very light hand. The lighter, brighter shades- Diffused and Ethereal- are probably better for that. I quite like mine so far. It definitely seems to soften my appearance, which is what it says it should do. I don't know where they got the lavender description, though. On me it's a neutral beige-pink and if anything, it leans a little warm.
Mood is the one I bought as well. I prefer it as a blush for very pale skin like mine. I LOVE the Chantecaille les petales de rose as an all over face powder. It is just gorgeous. I am going to try the ethereal one next, as the Chantecaille is limited and I am using it everyday now. It looks great over every foundation I have!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Mood is the one I bought as well. I prefer it as a blush for very pale skin like mine. I LOVE the Chantecaille les petales de rose as an all over face powder. It is just gorgeous. I am going to try the ethereal one next, as the Chantecaille is limited and I am using it everyday now. It looks great over every foundation I have!
I wanted to get the Chantecaille one, but it wasn't available here (and I hate paying the additional charges from Neiman's or Nordstrom). I've been using Bobbi Brown's Porcelain Pearl as an all over powder, which really does have a brightening effect. Think that might mean I can safely skip Ethereal. I am thinking about Diffused, though, since it looks brightening but and has a little warmth, without leaning really warm like a bronzer.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Ok
bouquet.gif
Well, what color is ethereal or is it no color?
It's a white highlighter. Of any of the Hourglass powders, it has the least shimmer. It brightens and is meant to give a sort of moonlit glow. Here are the descriptions from Hourglass:

DIFFUSED LIGHT: A soft, warm, pale yellow powder. Light your skin with DIFFUSED LIGHT to reduce redness and give skin clarity – like a soft ray of morning light.
ETHEREAL LIGHT: An opalescent sheer, cool white powder. Light your skin with ETHEREAL LIGHT to mimic a moonlit glow – even in broad daylight.
RADIANT LIGHT: A sun-kissed golden beige powder. Light your skin with RADIANT LIGHT to extend a summer glow, or enhance the overall complexion with believable, subtle, warmth.
MOOD LIGHT: A soft, sheer lavender pink powder. Light your skin with MOOD LIGHT to mimic the softest most forgiving light and reveal your brightest complexion.
DIM LIGHT: A neutral peach beige powder. Light your skin with DIM LIGHT to blur imperfections and highlight a radiant complexion with the perfect balance of warm and cool tones.
LUMINOUS LIGHT: A champagne pearl powder. Light your skin with LUMINOUS LIGHT to create a soft, incandescent candlelit glow – day or night.

elegant-one

Ok, thanks! But those are the Hourglass shades & not the Chanel...I was confused. I want the Chanel one, but still confused about the colors

shontay07108

I wanted to try one of those Hourglass powders, but when I was checking out the ingredients I noticed it had something I'm allergic to. It looks like the color range of this Chanel powder runs deep enough for me. I'm kinda shocked and excited now.

theabridiaries

Hi Specktra ! This is my first post
newhere.gif

I just pre-ordered one of the Les Beiges powders from the Bloor Street Holt Renfrew in Toronto. The package will be sent to me on the 6th of March. The SA referred to it as a 'cream powder'. I got the lightest shade which will hopefully work well with my N10-15 (on a tan day) skin ! She also told me they aren't only just used as a setting powder, but bronzer as well. Told me to go two colors up in the summer. There are 8 shades of the powders. Excited to see how it will compare to the new Nars and Hourglass Ambient powders !
thmbup.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
newhere.gif

I just pre-ordered one of the Les Beiges powders from the Bloor Street Holt Renfrew in Toronto. The package will be sent to me on the 6th of March. The SA referred to it as a 'cream powder'. I got the lightest shade which will hopefully work well with my N10-15 (on a tan day) skin ! She also told me they aren't only just used as a setting powder, but bronzer as well. Told me to go two colors up in the summer. There are 8 shades of the powders. Excited to see how it will compare to the new Nars and Hourglass Ambient powders !
thmbup.gif
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
Always nice to see another Canadian lady here! Thanks for the insight on the powders. I don't often wear bronzer, so I'd like to see how that one looks on your skin- I'm not quite so pale as you, but close.

Winthrop44

newhere.gif

thmbup.gif
th_770016001157748873-final.gif
Glad to have you here. Let us know what you think of it when you get it. I'm another pale one.

Shypo

I'm excited to see these and how they compare to the Hourglass powders....which I LOVE, btw. I've been using Mood Light since I got it - I can use it as a subtle blush (I'm not as fair as some of you) but I really love it as an 'all over' color - it really warms my face up without that 'dirty' look I get from bronzers. So in that context, I could see why some people are referring to these types of powders as being akin to bronzers - I apply Mood Light the same way I would apply my bronzer. There's something about the color - you can't tell I have it on my skin at all, but when I'm applying it, I definitely see the difference it makes, particularly on my winter-cast skin. I won't be without this one.......

Welcome, theabridiaries!
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

Dominique33

I picked up Les Beiges, shade 20, simply beautiful ! The packaging, the brush and of course the pressed powder itself are great. Very very soft, easy to apply and wear. It's highly subtle, so choose the one for your skintone, it's like a veil of colour in fact. To me it's Peter Philip's last masterpiece. Perfect in every way.
heart.gif
Love Peter Philips, so sad he decided to quit.

Antigone

I picked up Les Beiges, shade 20, simply beautiful ! The packaging, the brush and of course the pressed powder itself are great. Very very soft, easy to apply and wear. It's highly subtle, so choose the one for your skintone, it's like a veil of colour in fact. To me it's Peter Philip's last masterpiece. Perfect in every way.
heart.gif
Love Peter Philips, so sad he decided to quit.
Hi,

Is the shade 20 the pink-toned one?

Latest posts