Givenchy Cosmetics

Shars

Didn't Ernie say that she got the lightest - highlight shade in the new Givenchy star bronzers?

I can't recall which one she got. The strange thing is they have a listing for a highlighter that just came out that seems to be separate and distinct from the lightest bronzer but when you check they both have the same item number.... weird. Did you also see that there's a new lippie in special packaging with magnolia flowers... it's so cute. The shade is called Carmin Escarpin.

Sabrunka

Didn't Ernie say that she got the lightest - highlight shade in the new Givenchy star bronzers?

I can't recall which one she got. The strange thing is they have a listing for a highlighter that just came out that seems to be separate and distinct from the lightest bronzer but when you check they both have the same item number.... weird. Did you also see that there's a new lippie in special packaging with magnolia flowers... it's so cute. The shade is called Carmin Escarpin.

I also ordered that lightest "highlight" shade but based on swatches I've seen, and based on the only review up on Sephora, I think it's going to be more of a luminous setting powder for those who are fair skinned. I get it today so I can swatch and review once I get home from work. I'm kinda bummed as I was hoping it would be more luminous and glowy but meh, I can make it work!

Also, the separate highlighter listed AND the lightest in the row of bronzers are the same one! Not sure why they did that.

elegant-one

Huh! lol. ok, that's weird. YES! I got both the lipstick which is beautiful on & the powder. The powder is lovely too.
Thanks my dear!

I also ordered that lightest "highlight" shade but based on swatches I've seen, and based on the only review up on Sephora, I think it's going to be more of a luminous setting powder for those who are fair skinned. I get it today so I can swatch and review once I get home from work. I'm kinda bummed as I was hoping it would be more luminous and glowy but meh, I can make it work!

Also, the separate highlighter listed AND the lightest in the row of bronzers are the same one! Not sure why they did that.

Oh, that would be so nice of you - thanks! I was hoping for glowy as well :(

Why would they do such a stupid thing. eh

Sabrunka

givenchy.jpg

Ok, so the powder is definitely NOT a highlighter lol. I can't even see it working as a highlighter for darker skinned gals, as I fear it may cause an ashy effect. In this photo, the Givenchy moonlight 00 healthy glow highlighter is in the middle. To the left is Hourglass Incandescent Strobe and to the right is Burberry optic white. I have no other choice but to use the Givenchy as an all over setting powder. Actually, I dusted it all over my face and it looked good and glowy lol. The powder itself is kinda hard and you really have to rub your finger in there to get some payoff, however my brush picked up powder fairly easily.

EDIT: Ok on second thought, it's too glowy to be all over my face, but it's too subtle to really notice as a highlight unless direct light is always on your face lol. I like it, but I will be testing it more thoroughly tomorrow!!

Last edited:

elegant-one

View attachment 53809

Ok, so the powder is definitely NOT a highlighter lol. I can't even see it working as a highlighter for darker skinned gals, as I fear it may cause an ashy effect. In this photo, the Givenchy moonlight 00 healthy glow highlighter is in the middle. To the left is Hourglass Incandescent Strobe and to the right is Burberry optic white. I have no other choice but to use the Givenchy as an all over setting powder. Actually, I dusted it all over my face and it looked good and glowy lol. The powder itself is kinda hard and you really have to rub your finger in there to get some payoff, however my brush picked up powder fairly easily.

EDIT: Ok on second thought, it's too glowy to be all over my face, but it's too subtle to really notice as a highlight unless direct light is always on your face lol. I like it, but I will be testing it more thoroughly tomorrow!!

Thanks so much for all of your helpful information! I guess I will pass on it.

Latest posts