Marc Jacobs Beauty

katred

Specktra Bestie
Me too. I swatched it in-store and it's gorgeous. That and Magenta are high on my want list but I'm trying to hold off on getting them until Sephora's Chic week.
Good Plan. Je T'Aime is #1 on my list, but I'm also drawn to Magenta and Boy Gorgeous. I'm going to have to bring a few of my berry shades with me to compare, though, because I feel like the last two look like shades I already have.

YarahFlower

#LEGIT the #instamarc powders seriously make me look like I'm photo shopped! In spite of the MASSIVE size of the case AND the actual product, Im definitely going to get a BU! #byeKVDandABHcontourpalletes #HELLOMARCJACOBS

YarahFlower

I've heard more people say this too so now I'm very interested as I have very large visible pores! 
You MUST go a swatch it! The powders are so soft they almost feel like a cream! You should have a SA put it on you :) Im in the middle shade 'mirage filter 40', and I have been setting my concealer with the highlight shade. omg, every time I wear it, I can't help but look at myself in the mirror and say "alright #instamarc, you better werk!" lol. the contour shade is a cool toned grey/brown, perfect for creating shadows! The powders really give a soft focus to the places you apply it. I hope it works out for you ;)

laurennnxox

You MUST go a swatch it! The powders are so soft they almost feel like a cream! You should have a SA put it on you :) Im in the middle shade 'mirage filter 40', and I have been setting my concealer with the highlight shade. omg, every time I wear it, I can't help but look at myself in the mirror and say "alright #instamarc, you better werk!" lol. the contour shade is a cool toned grey/brown, perfect for creating shadows! The powders really give a soft focus to the places you apply it. I hope it works out for you ;)
SOOO many glowing reviews for this-- i must go check it out ASAP!!

YarahFlower

Mini Marc Jacobs haul and swatches of the #instamarc duo in "mirage filter 40" ...I'm going to haul some of his brushes next!!! :heart:

patentg33k

Mini Marc Jacobs haul and swatches of the #instamarc duo in "mirage filter 40" ...I'm going to haul some of his brushes next!!!
heart.gif
I've heard the bronzer is amazing--is the texture similar to the contour powders?

I really, really want to love the contour powders. But I can't get over the fact that the highlight shades don't have shimmer. I love my highlights. Also, I'm NC15/20 and can't figure out which one I would get. The lightest one looks too subtle for me. Signed, confused.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Not sure if the same is true in the US, but I notice that on the Canadian Sephora site, almost all the blushes are out of stock or tagged "only a few left". I'm wondering if they're planning on launching a new blush line and discontinuing the existing ones

YarahFlower

I've heard the bronzer is amazing--is the texture similar to the contour powders?   I really, really want to love the contour powders.  But I can't get over the fact that the highlight shades don't have shimmer. I love my highlights. Also, I'm NC15/20 and can't figure out which one I would get. The lightest one looks too subtle for me. Signed, confused.
This bronzer is THE ONE for me! It has a different feel than the contour duo. It's pressed harder, NO fallout! Vert natural looking! Best part, it's not orange!!! As far as the contour duo goes, have them try it out on you in the store. I do find that the contour shade in the lightest and darkest duo both run warm. The contour duo in the shade 'mirage filter' runs cooler.

hitchcockblonde

Not sure if the same is true in the US, but I notice that on the Canadian Sephora site, almost all the blushes are out of stock or tagged "only a few left". I'm wondering if they're planning on launching a new blush line and discontinuing the existing ones
You know what I think that might be happening. On the US site only one is sold out, the same one is also sold out on the MJ Beauty site, but a few of them say only a few left. Plus I went in store yesterday and it looked like they had almost no stock of the blushes left. I mean they could just be waiting on a new shipment but considering that he's already phased out lipsticks and is adding new stuff to his line it makes me feel that the blushes may be the next to go. Unfortunately the only one I'm interested in is the one sold out on both sites but I put one (the last one apparently) on hold at my local Sephora and am going to pick it up tomorrow, or later today if I can get my ass up to go. I was going to wait for Chic Week but 15% off is not a terrible thing to miss. Plus there will be plenty of other stuff to pick up then.

walkingdead

You know what I think that might be happening. On the US site only one is sold out, the same one is also sold out on the MJ Beauty site, but a few of them say only a few left. Plus I went in store yesterday and it looked like they had almost no stock of the blushes left. I mean they could just be waiting on a new shipment but considering that he's already phased out lipsticks and is adding new stuff to his line it makes me feel that the blushes may be the next to go. Unfortunately the only one I'm interested in is the one sold out on both sites but I put one (the last one apparently) on hold at my local Sephora and am going to pick it up tomorrow, or later today if I can get my ass up to go. I was going to wait for Chic Week but 15% off is not a terrible thing to miss. Plus there will be plenty of other stuff to pick up then.
Which blush were you looking for? And what happened to the lip vinyls... I bought one for my friend at the on January and it liked do good in her that I wanted one for myself but they're all gone. Hope they bring them back.

hitchcockblonde

And what happened to the lip vinyls... I bought one for my friend at the on January and it liked do good in her that I wanted one for myself but they're all gone. Hope they bring them back.
I was looking for the lilac blush, Outspoken. I didn't even notice the lip vinyls were gone! Personally I didn't like them that much, I hate any gloss that is "plumping". That tingling feeling makes me crazy. It seems like he is phasing out parts of his original collection. Hopefully he keeps the highliners.

walkingdead

I was looking for the lilac blush, Outspoken. I didn't even notice the lip vinyls were gone! Personally I didn't like them that much, I hate any gloss that is "plumping". That tingling feeling makes me crazy. It seems like he is phasing out parts of his original collection. Hopefully he keeps the highliners. 
That's a pretty blush! You need to go out and pick it up. I have one other blush by him and it's irresistible.. I have Rebellious in my cart! Now I feel better about missing the lipgloss . Let us know if you pick up Outspoken.

starletta8

I'm a little behind everyone else as of late, but I'm really liking Honey(Bun) liner. As of late, I've started hoarding coral/peachy/nude lipliners, and it's totally in my wheelhouse.

That said, I don't think it's a standout like the MJ eyeliners. I'll use it up, but there are others that perform as well as this.

Anyone else having the same experience?

hitchcockblonde

Now I feel better about missing the lipgloss . Let us know if you pick up Outspoken.
I'm definitely picking it up! They have it on hold for me until they close tomorrow so I'm going to pick it up after work. I'll let you know how I like it. I know some people liked the lipgloss but I couldn't take it, I had to wipe it off after 10 minutes. It's too bad too because other than the tingle it was a nice formula, not too sticky and pretty opaque. But yeah, don't feel too bad about missing them, there are better formulas out there.

walkingdead

I'm definitely picking it up! They have it on hold for me until they close tomorrow so I'm going to pick it up after work. I'll let you know how I like it. I know some people liked the lipgloss but I couldn't take it, I had to wipe it off after 10 minutes. It's too bad too because other than the tingle it was a nice formula, not too sticky and pretty opaque. But yeah, don't feel too bad about missing them, there are better formulas out there.
Yay! In excited for you. Blushes are my weakness! I love them so much!

wtfayisha

sorry if this is hassle but what foundation shade are you? I'm around a NARS Barcelona and was wondering whether to get Mirage or Hi Fi as I don't know if Mirage will show up on my skin!

Latest posts