MAC Retro Matte collection (September 12, 2013)

CartoonChic

What's the difference between PLW lip pencils and the regular lip pencils? I haven't tried them yet. Are they significantly different other than they're supposed to last longer?

ChosenOne

What's the difference between PLW lip pencils and the regular lip pencils? I haven't tried them yet. Are they significantly different other than they're supposed to last longer?
I find the PLW lip pencils feel softer and creamier than the regular ones. Also with regular lip pencils, if I want to fill in my whole lip, I either have to press harder than I like or I have to go over my lips twice to get the full impact of color I want. Not so with the PLW pencils. I just color my lips in once and I've got the coverage I want. And they definitely do last longer! I can actually get through meals without the color fading much, and with some of the pinker/redder colors, I need makeup remover to fully remove them from my lips. And forget about hand swatches... I can pick any color PLW lip pencil to swatch on my hand and if I try to rub it off with just a tissue or something, those puppies stay put! I always need to either ask for a makeup remover at the counter or wait until I get home to scrub off the color.

Richelle83

-deep brown or deep plum
Not sure I like the color selection
noworry.gif
I'm gonna hope for the best though.

VioletPearl

What's the difference between Retro Matte and Matte?
Regular matte formula is creamier and has a tiny bit of sheen to it. (For example: Russian Red or Lady Danger)
Retro matte is really matte, and has a drier texture. (Ruby Woo in the regular line is the only lipstick with retro matte formula).

Lipstickjunkii

Regular matte formula is creamier and has a tiny bit of sheen to it. (For example: Russian Red or Lady Danger) Retro matte is really matte, and has a drier texture. (Ruby Woo in the regular line is the only lipstick with retro matte formula).
Oh great! Thank you for clarifying :)

OctoberViolet

Quote is not working. Argh!!! Having such a stressed out day at work and now my Specktra quoting isn't working.
censored.gif
Anyhow. I agree with you Richelle. Not sure I like the color selection. Where are our blue/violets??????
censored.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Richelle83

Richelle83

Weird, this happened earlier too!

Purple Sister, I am sad there won't be any purple's either. Hopefully Rihanna's collection will take care of that but feels like a huge missed opportunity.

CartoonChic

I find the PLW lip pencils feel softer and creamier than the regular ones. Also with regular lip pencils, if I want to fill in my whole lip, I either have to press harder than I like or I have to go over my lips twice to get the full impact of color I want. Not so with the PLW pencils. I just color my lips in once and I've got the coverage I want. And they definitely do last longer! I can actually get through meals without the color fading much, and with some of the pinker/redder colors, I need makeup remover to fully remove them from my lips. And forget about hand swatches... I can pick any color PLW lip pencil to swatch on my hand and if I try to rub it off with just a tissue or something, those puppies stay put! I always need to either ask for a makeup remover at the counter or wait until I get home to scrub off the color.
Thanks!
bouquet.gif

I'll have to check the PLW liners out before RiRi's June 6th launch to see if I like them. Or I may just wait to try the RiRi one first. I think laziness prevailed.

Latest posts