Melt Cosmetics

BuickMackane

Has anyone had their By Starlight go bad? Mine seems to have assumed a really thick, almost gunky consistency. It's nowhere near as bad as what happened with my Blow (that was more a case of toxic-waste-in-a-tube than a lipstick going bad) and it still smells OK(ish). But something is clearly not right. Ugh. I hope my other Melt lipsticks don't go down the same route.

Marsha Pomells

Has anyone had their By Starlight go bad? Mine seems to have assumed a really thick, almost gunky consistency. It's nowhere near as bad as what happened with my Blow (that was more a case of toxic-waste-in-a-tube than a lipstick going bad) and it still smells OK(ish). But something is clearly not right. Ugh. I hope my other Melt lipsticks don't go down the same route.

I'll check mine out in a bit...

Dolly Snow

My by Starlight went a little funky, kinda stiff and won't swatch properly. 6six6 has gone gunky & goopey, not as bad as blow though. I wrote them about the issue months ago and they basically said they've never had a problem with those lipsticks, only blow. I sent pics to them and still the same "it was only blow that had the issue."
I bought a new 6six6 and plan on getting a new by starlight.

NaomiH

That really stinks that they're going bad so quickly. I'm gonna go check out my Blow. I did notice last week or so that my Dark Room seems to be getting drier. It was very difficult to apply and just felt like I'd rubbed chalk on my lips.

NaomiH

My by Starlight went a little funky, kinda stiff and won't swatch properly. 6six6 has gone gunky & goopey, not as bad as blow though. I wrote them about the issue months ago and they basically said they've never had a problem with those lipsticks, only blow. I sent pics to them and still the same "it was only blow that had the issue."

That's really crappy to me that they aren't looking into the issue of their lipsticks going off after a few months to a year and say that it only happened with one lipstick even when being shown that others are becoming wonky over time. :/

Marsha Pomells

Hashtagged Melt Lewd and Lora said the color will be here before PhamExpo which is June 4th & 5th
She is wearing Melt Lewd
View attachment 53996

UPDATE!!!
Remember this?
View attachment 54003

Yep... I need it... As long as it doesn't go off...

That's really crappy to me that they aren't looking into the issue of their lipsticks going off after a few months to a year and say that it only happened with one lipstick even when being shown that others are becoming wonky over time. :/

I was swatching mine ones a few weeks ago, and they were quite stiff. Need to check them again.

BuickMackane

That really stinks that they're going bad so quickly. I'm gonna go check out my Blow. I did notice last week or so that my Dark Room seems to be getting drier. It was very difficult to apply and just felt like I'd rubbed chalk on my lips.

One of mine was a lil wonky they other day. The other's are getting dry. Very disappointing. I'm going to email them.

Same with my ones too, they're starting to go dry :(

Oh dear. I was hoping my crappy By Starlight would be an exception but it appears to be the norm. Shame on Melt for not taking customer complaints seriously!

I swatched my other Melt lipsticks to see how they are doing. 6Six6 is also on the gunky side (but not as bad as BS). Dark Room is too dry and chalky to be applied straight from the tube but it behaves itself with a lip brush. The others are fine... for the time being.

@Dolly - I hope you have better luck with your replacements :)

@PrettyPackages - Please let us know how they respond to your e-mail. I won't bother e-mailing them because my BS was a CP and they probably won't do anything in the absence of an invoice. But if any of the lipsticks I purchased directly from their site goes wonky I'll be sure to contact them.

Latest posts