Collection Nuit Infinie de Chanel - Holiday 2013

Monsy

I just fell in love with IDOs ... boo
i'll see tomorrow when mine arrives if it's going back or not

pnfpn

Fatal looks pretty but I still don't want them. I think I'm just going to stick with the palette. I wish she'd post swatches of that already :(

katred

Specktra Bestie
Fatal looks pretty but I still don't want them. I think I'm just going to stick with the palette. I wish she'd post swatches of that already :(
From the pics she had on her Instagram account, it looked like she hadn't received the palette yet. Like you, that's the one I'm really on the lookout for. The one time I had an MUA put one of the IdO's on me, my eyes felt a little itchy afterward and I so often have reactions to cream shadows that I'm reluctant to spend the money to try one of these out.

pnfpn

From the pics she had on her Instagram account, it looked like she hadn't received the palette yet. Like you, that's the one I'm really on the lookout for. The one time I had an MUA put one of the IdO's on me, my eyes felt a little itchy afterward and I so often have reactions to cream shadows that I'm reluctant to spend the money to try one of these out.
Oh that's annoying! I guess I'm just going to wait for it to come out and see for myself. (Who am I kidding, I'll get it regardless and just display it on my vanity.)

I like the I d'Os, I only have one right now but I wear it often. If you've have allergies though it's so not worth it. Looking over all the holiday collections they all seem a bit lacklustre to me. Givenchy is probably the most exciting one for me.

LiliV

After seeing swatches I'm not really sold on anything, I'm debating the Initiation Illusion d'Ombre

elegant-one

Hold your horses....
girlhaha.gif

At first swatch, I wasn't sure I was going to like the blush. But, I after I applied it & then stepped back to look at my face in the mirror I really really loved the effect of the blush on me. Its a soft cool slighty rosey neutral on. It made my face look so sculpted & have a beautiful natural healthy glow. So yeah, I really like it. It will be perfect for plum & burgundy lips - or with no other makeup at all for a no makeup makeup look.

It was hard to get the rosey tone to show up in the swatch pics. but irl its not that brown...rosey neutral. The color is pretty true to the pan pic.

Oh, it has very very fine good shimmer.

Dominique33

Hold your horses....
girlhaha.gif

At first swatch, I wasn't sure I was going to like the blush. But, I after I applied it & then stepped back to look at my face in the mirror I really really loved the effect of the blush on me. Its a soft cool slighty rosey neutral on. It made my face look so sculpted & have a beautiful natural healthy glow. So yeah, I really like it. It will be perfect for plum & burgundy lips - or with no other makeup at all for a no makeup makeup look.

It was hard to get the rosey tone to show up in the swatch pics. but irl its not that brown...rosey neutral. The color is pretty true to to pan pic.

Oh, it has very very fine good shimmer.

It's very pretty ! It looks different from Stardust, doesn'it ? I will purchase it whatever the answer is lol !

pnfpn

I will check out the blush when it launches. I broke my Illamasqua Naked Rose which is my fave neutral blush, it's unrepairable too. I'm in the market for a new one. Is it shimmery in the sense that I'd be able to see flecks of the particles or more subtle than that?

Winthrop44

That's what I'm wondering too about the shimmer particles.....but the color does look pretty in your pics Elegant!

elkaknits

I am still looking forward to this collex... not so sure about the blush. Stardust is disappointing on me and I have only worn mine once or maybe twice in the past year. I still have the box but I don't feel right returning it when the seller, who is a friend, told me I wouldn't like it and I was but I want it! This one actually looks like a better match for me. I am really looking forward to the red nail polish and the lipsticks. I am not a huge blush wearing gal and have multiplied my blushes by 10 in past few years. Seriously I lived in Nars Sin for 7 or so years and now I have a bunch of colors. I am beyond pleased with my Nars translucent powder from this spring so don't care about the face powder. The eye shadows are meh. I also don't wear much eye shadow and have multiple quads/quints/ duos and singles sitting around. Plus I am thinking of Nars Fairy Dust tho I really don't need any more eyeshadow ever. {I only wear it once or twice a month when going out for fancy otherwise just a brush of a nude color to even out skin tone on lids... I used to use face powder on my lids and still usually prefer that naked eye look} The only reason I haven't purchased Fairy Dust yet is because I have boxes of stuff I haven't opened other to look at while I work through open stuff.

there is a reason I call myself a lips and tips kinda gal. That really is all I ever must have from any coll.

elegant-one

That's what I'm wondering too about the shimmer particles.....but the color does look pretty in your pics Elegant!
The shimmer is very subtle. You know that I hate anything too much in the shimmy dept. Its fine. It actually kinda disappears for the most part once you brush it onto the skin. A little shows in the light.
It may seem too brown for some. I really love how it sculpted my face naturally.

Is it for everyone - prolly not.

elegant-one

I will check out the blush when it launches. I broke my Illamasqua Naked Rose which is my fave neutral blush, it's unrepairable too. I'm in the market for a new one. Is it shimmery in the sense that I'd be able to see flecks of the particles or more subtle than that?
Very subtle! I hate really noticeable shimmer - I'm old ya know & bad shimmy doesn't play well
lol.gif

pbpink

while the blush is way to light for me as a blush, i saw it again and it swatched much better than the first time - the first time it looked almost chalk like, today more like a light shimmer blush, it is def quite pretty for those skins tones that can wear it! strangely it did not look brown on me at all, i am med skin, tawny 07 in TF...........

i adore the IDO's! my HG is convoitoise but these are both quite pretty IMO! i used fatal over the plum in delicatesse quad and is was quite pretty!

Stach1

9922dfe2_image.jpeg
2b3359c3_image.jpeg
Got initiation and bronze platine mascara today. Top is IOD heavier and then blended. Bottom is mascara. In setting sunlight and then in inside light. LOVE.

Latest posts