Anastasia Beverly Hills Cosmetics

BrittLuvsMakeup

Saw the palette on IG yesterday. I'm not anxious to pay $42 for a cardboard palette, not ABH. Self-Made wasn't even that much if I remember correctly and it's also 14 colors. The colors are pretty but most palettes have similar shades nowadays. Saw the lip glosses on TM today too. The consistency looks like the Tarte ones. Which I love btw.

The Self-Made palette was $35, so this new palette costs $7 more for the same amount of shades. I'm hoping that there is a significant enough increase in the amount of eyeshadow that's in the palette compared to previous palettes or the quality of the packaging of the palette has gotten better (though it looks like the cardboard palettes they've used in the past) to justify the price increase. Either way, the shades aren't terribly unique so I don't see myself running to get it the first day.

claudia said on her snapchat that the pans are slightly bigger in this palette towards the old ones like the self made and so on so maybe that's why they increased the price?

Thanks for letting us know that she said that the pans are slightly bigger than the more recently released eyeshadow palettes. I could see her increasing the price slightly for that reason but I'm curious as to whether the difference in pan sizes is worth the extra $7. I guess we'll just have to wait to see if anyone makes any comparisons once it comes out or we'll just have to check for ourselves.

Swatches of the palette from ABH snapchat:

View attachment 54405

Seeing swatches makes me want it more although I'm sure I already have similar enough shades amongst my eyeshadow palettes and single shadows. I think after it's released, I'm going to purchase it when Ulta offers the 20% off discount or the $10 discount to Platinum members they give during your birth month. Thanks for posting the swatches!

leonah

the palette is available now along with sun dipped glow kit and so on! but I hate that they don't write how many oz/gr the palette is and all the other items as well.

BrittLuvsMakeup

Of the two lip gloss sets, only the Summer lip gloss set is available on the website (which makes sense, lol). The arm swatches look nice but I would love to see lip swatches on someone with or close to my skin tone before I buy it so I may wait to purchase it. Is anyone else ordering anything today?

montREALady

the palette is available now along with sun dipped glow kit and so on! but I hate that they don't write how many oz/gr the palette is and all the other items as well.

I want Sun Dipped but I'll wait for Macy's or Sephora...when is it launching at retailers? Anyone know?

Jayjayy

That palette looks beautiful! I love her palettes because they have great transitions shades for WOC (that show up!). The price increased, but because it's perm it will eventually be included in sales at Sephora and Ulta. It reminds me of how drugstore makeup has gotten more expensive but because there's always a sale, people rarely pay full price anymore.

montREALady

That palette looks beautiful! I love her palettes because they have great transitions shades for WOC (that show up!). The price increased, but because it's perm it will eventually be included in sales at Sephora and Ulta. It reminds me of how drugstore makeup has gotten more expensive but because there's always a sale, people rarely pay full price anymore.
It does and I have all of her palettes since about 2013 or so but I feel like I have palette overload and a lot of them have similar colors! I'm glad it's perm though. The $42 is a bit discouraging, I have to say. Even though there are more colors, the $29 price tag of the ones before has spoiled me, lol.

laurennnxox

I was about to buy it, but remembered it was perm. So I'll just wait until the next sale at ulta or sephora when it eventually pops up there.

Mayanas

I Can wait for Macy's. Time ago my fav stores for makeup was Nordstrom but now with free shipping , pick up in the store and ebates I'm buying more at Macy's.

BrittLuvsMakeup

The more I look at the palette, the more I want it, lol. I've been wanting to try the Buon Fresco and Burnt Orange eyeshadows for a little while now too, so them being included in the palette makes me want it even more. I complained earlier about the colors being too similar to stuff I already have in my collection but these are the types of colors that I like so and use often so it won't hurt to have more, lol.

leonah

ughh my ABH list is getting longer and longer as I'm buying other brands LE products.. now I want the mini gloss set too along with all the other stuff and claudia said that trust issues is soon going to be restocked so might order some then. just hate their high shipping rate and I always have to pay extra toll fees and such

laurennnxox

What palettes do you have that are similar to this new ABH one. Love the new gloss set.

I feel like the Violet Voss Holy Grail palette has the same base idea, a lot of warm neutrals.

I think I'm going to pick this up when it makes it to other retailers where I can get free shipping.

leonah

yeah I think it looks like a mix of VV holy grail, morphe 35o, lime crime venus, and so on. I probably have dupes but I don't care I neeeeed it for real. love these type of colors so much

laurennnxox

yeah I think it looks like a mix of VV holy grail, morphe 35o, lime crime venus, and so on. I probably have dupes but I don't care I neeeeed it for real. love these type of colors so much
lol yep! I have all three of those listed but I'll still end up getting this. :rolleyes: It has the pinks that 350 doesn't have, and more mattes / better transition shades than VV.

Latest posts