Charlotte Tilbury Makeup...

Monsy

girlhaha.gif
Yep! I got a sample packet & had to wash it off immediately it was so awful.
yes my experience too!

boschicka

R.I.P. Love Glow. I knew you and love you but a short time before you slipped away, shattering like losing you has shattered my heart.
ssad.gif
Nooooooo!!! I'm sorry for your loss. My heart stops each time I drop an item or even put something down too hard. I feel your pain.

Rasbury

I have and like the clay mask. It does make my skin feel super nice after I use it and for something that's on my face for only 10 minutes, I can handle the scent and find it pleasant.

When I had one of the MUAs at the counter launch in Toronto do my makeup (she was with the Tilbury UK team) she used an incredible amount of Magic Cream on my face. i really didn't love that. The MUA said that's the way they are trained to use it, as more of a massage cream. My skin felt kind of tacky for hours after. When I use Magic Cream, it's a tiny dot and it's emollient enough to cover my whole face. It sinks in nicely and is a great layer for applying makeup. I think it's a lot like the Tom Ford primer (which she helped develop), actually.
Hmmm...I might break and check out the mask then. I wish CT had some sort of holiday sale or something.

It's interesting they're trained to do it that way, since it seems not only counterintuitive but also not pleasant. I can see a nice, thin emollient layer for priming purposes being good though.

Medgal07

I got my eyes to hypnotize sets and theyre really gorgeous! I'm going to wear On The Prowl tomorrow and will take photos for all of you guys :).
Can't wait to hear what you think!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by GreenEyedAllie

R.I.P. Love Glow. I knew you and love you but a short time before you slipped away, shattering like losing you has shattered my heart.
ssad.gif
Oh NO!!!!!
weeping.gif
Such a pretty blush---the only CT one that I own!!!

Medgal07

I tried on both on the prowl and the huntress kits (one on each eye) and I swear they look the same unless you look up close to see the violet glitter in one and the bronze glitter in the other... I prefer the huntress as the bronze glitter was more noticeable. I really wish the base color was different for them, as honestly I don't see a huge difference.
The colors are quite deceptive. I liked the look I was able to create with On the Prowl but it's pretty much one and done for me! I won't buy another shade.

Ingenue

Paula's Choice did a fantastic breakdown on the Magic Cream. There's actually nothing 'magic' about it.
lol.gif

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/by-brand/charlotte-tilbury/_/Charlottes-Magic-Cream

I've come to realize that a lot of 'skin care' from across the pond is full of chemicals and claims are marginal at best.

delicatewhimsy

9bb7e35d_image.jpeg
c7fd7f20_image.jpeg
The bottle of Magic Foundation my Instagram friend sent over has finally arrived. I chose the lightest shade No. 1 Fair. I've used it over the past couple of days and can share that it's very similar to Nars Sheer Glow. Best if applied with a beauty blender, it's pretty cakey and obvious if used with a brush. It does as promised and hides imperfection and smooths out pores. Overall, a decent formula. Not my favorite, but a nice one to have.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Yep, my sample packet was half tested and immediately thrown away! For some reason I still really want to try the Goddess Clay Mask (I'm a sucker for punishment?), but the CT skincare has not been my favorite. I do love all the make up products I've tried and she makes some of my HG products, but I just can't get on with the cream/balms.  AND SHE USES SO MUCH ON THE MODELS IN HER TUTORIALS! I don't know how they can handle having that much slathered on their faces!
It's interesting they're trained to do it that way, since it seems not only counterintuitive but also not pleasant. I can see a nice, thin emollient layer for priming purposes being good though. 
It's one thing to layer on a bunch of makeup in order for it to show up on camera. It's another thing to slather on a metric ton of moisturizer, especially if it's uber scented. I think thin layers is how most of us would use it. But it seems to me Charlotte's inner mantra is "MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!" ad infinitum/nauseum.
Paula's Choice did a fantastic breakdown on the Magic Cream. There's actually nothing 'magic' about it. :lol: http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautyp...nd/charlotte-tilbury/_/Charlottes-Magic-Cream I've come to realize that a lot of 'skin care' from across the pond is full of chemicals and claims are marginal at best.
Everything in cosmetics, no matter where it's from, is a chemical. And as for claims, US-based products aren't any different, regarding making outrageous claims, from UK-based ones.

Medgal07

Paula's Choice did a fantastic breakdown on the Magic Cream. There's actually nothing 'magic' about it.
lol.gif

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/by-brand/charlotte-tilbury/_/Charlottes-Magic-Cream

I've come to realize that a lot of 'skin care' from across the pond is full of chemicals and claims are marginal at best.
th_roll1.gif

ashievic

Got Silver Leopard and On the Prowl along with the fat pencils of Gold Digger, Mink, and Indigo. I love the ease of the fat pencils. I was once again surprised at the size of the powder shadow. Will play later, got to get cooking, big catering b'day party luncheon today.

ryan-eh

Got Silver Leopard and On the Prowl along with the fat pencils of Gold Digger, Mink, and Indigo. I love the ease of the fat pencils. I was once again surprised at the size of the powder shadow. Will play later, got to get cooking, big catering b'day party luncheon today.
I'm super curious about Gold Digger, please let us know how you like it :D

Hope the luncheon goes well!

hitchcockblonde

That looks damn good against your complexion!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lacey15

That looks lovely on you. I think I have that sample but wasn't interested till now. Is it just a single use sachet?
Thanks so much ladies! Yes, it's a single use, luckily I had two so I could do the arm and lip swatch.

hitchcockblonde

The bottle of Magic Foundation my Instagram friend sent over has finally arrived. I chose the lightest shade No. 1 Fair. I've used it over the past couple of days and can share that it's very similar to Nars Sheer Glow. Best if applied with a beauty blender, it's pretty cakey and obvious if used with a brush. It does as promised and hides imperfection and smooths out pores. Overall, a decent formula. Not my favorite, but a nice one to have.
Thanks for posting! Do you have any shades of Sheer Glow to compare to MF color-wise?

hitchcockblonde

Well the Spring app is having 20% off everything and you can use it multiple times so I bought Very Victoria, Mesmerizing Mink color chameleon, and the red holiday makeup bag with the lipstick pull. I wish they had the blushes and lip pencils sold on their own and not in sets because I really want Love Glow and Pillow Talk.

Latest posts