All Things Sephora

elegant-one

bouquet.gif
th_kiss.gif
That's a very nice haul my dear! I just hope you love everything...especially that lipstick
girlhaha.gif

dash4

Hey, I had a super duper exclusive VIBRouge 20% code that I could have sold!
Don't people even bother to do their own research ? Why would you pay for a generic code?
It is probably people who rarely shop at Sephora and they are clueless.. I bet that seller will keep reusing the same email over and over -each time she sells one - for the entire sale..

S/he is taking advantage of people who are "not in the know" - for whatever reason.. ( new to Sephora, naive, too busy to research, perhaps learning disabilities, etc)..

karlaedith

Yes I love the color too but when I saw barbara I want it also lol
Before i bought brigitte i remember swatched it next to barbara because i was torn between these 2, i ended up with brigitte because i was looking for a peachy pink, but barbara is gorgeous too, more like a nude, not too light on me like Raquel, i dont like extremely light nudes as they make me look washed out, i would say they are different enough to get both

Tarabotti

I've actually considered this before. The only thing that stopped me was that I couldn't go back to paying for shipping for orders under $50 but with flash shipping... I may do just this next year.

Sshhh...I think that I have two accounts under two different emails. When I first started shopinng at Sephora, I gave them one email. I forgot about that email some months after and gave them a second email. I never bothered to switch the points over from the first account to the second one.
I'd have to change my name and maybe my credit card but.......you never know when it might come in handy.......

Alas it's just a BI account so no % off for me........

awickedshape

Someone is literally selling the little post card coupon that Sephora sent them for the sale.. They have the 20% off code blurred out (as if it is unique)... That is so shady.. In the description - it says you have to be a VIB member to use it.. so it is just the generic card they sent every VIB (and Rouge) wow..  Picture of text in description box:
:shock:

AnneAntz

Before i bought brigitte i remember swatched it next to barbara because i was torn between these 2, i ended up with brigitte because i was looking for a peachy pink, but barbara is gorgeous too, more like a nude, not too light on me like Raquel, i dont like extremely light nudes as they make me look washed out, i would say they are different enough to get both
Yes I'm so in love with the formular! I think I'm gonna try Barbara in store and decide to exchange or get another one lol

boschicka

I've actually considered this before. The only thing that stopped me was that I couldn't go back to paying for shipping for orders under $50 but with flash shipping... I may do just this next year.
I have a hard time spending less than $50 on an order at Sephora, but I'd prefer faster shipping, so the flash shipping would definitely be worth it either way!

boschicka

Sshhh...I think that I have two accounts under two different emails. When I first started shopinng at Sephora, I gave them one email. I forgot about that email some months after and gave them a second email. I never bothered to switch the points over from the first account to the second one.
I'd have to change my name and maybe my credit card but.......you never know when it might come in handy.......

Alas it's just a BI account so no % off for me........
I have the exact same situation. Until now there was no need to bother with the forgotten account, but in light of the new sale terms, it's time to resurrect it.

We'll beat them at their own game....except when they change things around at the last minute again!

Prettypackages

Clearly we all need to set up two Sephora accounts. Keep one VIB and one VIBR! With the $ some of us spend there, we could have 4 Rouge accounts! Then we can shop both sales and we'll get the Dec coupon deal multiple times too! (if they do that again this year)

And since the points are worthless, it's not like having them all under the same account will matter anyway.

I was thinking that.

shontay07108

I saw that, thank you! I still haven't been able to hit up an Ulta, but I think I'm just going to order from them anyways. I'll just order whatever looks like something my sister will need. If she already bought some brushes then I'll keep them. Haha. She's been picking my brain in so many things lately because she thinks I'm like some cosmetic genius. So I'm just putting together a gift bag for her for Christmas full of brushes, face masks, matte palettes. I think I might even make her a personalized palette since she's been asking me to make some eyeshadows for a while now. I got the goods so why not? I couldn't finish watching that video, one of my pet peeves is when someone swallows while they're in the middle of a sentence so they try so hard to get back to talking that they smack their tongue against the back of their teeth. I hate that!!! And she would make that noise at least 5 times a minute, sometimes back to back.
Yes. I want to choke people who do that and people who always suck their teeth before speaking.

starletta8

Clearly we all need to set up two Sephora accounts. Keep one VIB and one VIBR! With the $ some of us spend there, we could have 4 Rouge accounts! Then we can shop both sales and we'll get the Dec coupon deal multiple times too! (if they do that again this year)

And since the points are worthless, it's not like having them all under the same account will matter anyway.

LMAO, I was remarking to my mother that she's going to become a VIB next year.

VioletSparkles

VIBs can only use the code once? If so, that sucks!
Sorry for the confusion. HOLIDAY20 is some random one-time use code that apparently only works for "select VIBs." The code VIB20 is multi-use and generic for VIB, so all VIBs can use this code and shop as much as they want...Unless they make Rouge and then Sephora decides to screw them over...
ohboy.gif

starletta8

You bet! I just checked my point balance and it shows your year-to-date spending.. Mine is at $1,933.. So if I had a separate card.. I would probably be Rouge on it by the end of the year..

But I guess it would make more sense to keep the 2nd account below the $1,000 mark so one card is Rouge and one is VIB...
LMAO, I could almost have 8 Rouge accounts.

ETA: Sephora banning Rouges from online is stupid. I've already spent almost $1100 this sale. Stupid them, I would've spent 300-400 more.

colormefab

Just went to Sephora on lunch and they let me use the discount they said you have to ask and they are not turning away rouge members. I got all makeup forever stuff. The artist 1 & 2 palette, 9 artist shawdows and a backup of The step 1 primer in caramel. I also have that on today under my foundation and it gives me a better glow. No more trips lol so whatever I missed owell. About $1k later smfh
I guess I know since you bought a backup of the step 1 primer, but how do you feel about it? Does it brighten? I currently use the mac primer pen in peach lustre and think that may be close to it. What do you feel it does for you? I might throw that in my cart too.

FuuHouhouji

I saw that, thank you! I still haven't been able to hit up an Ulta, but I think I'm just going to order from them anyways. I'll just order whatever looks like something my sister will need. If she already bought some brushes then I'll keep them. Haha. She's been picking my brain in so many things lately because she thinks I'm like some cosmetic genius. So I'm just putting together a gift bag for her for Christmas full of brushes, face masks, matte palettes. I think I might even make her a personalized palette since she's been asking me to make some eyeshadows for a while now. I got the goods so why not? .
My sister inlaw does the same to me but with skincare. She wants me to designe her a "rutine" that is bout short and cheap. And I'm like "haven't you se my bathroom?" I have take skincare and make it almost a mental illness (actually, it may be an illness but I will not go to a doctor and ask). I dont know how to help her without break the bank, steal a hour to the night and/or risk to upset her skin. :/ The only thing I have done is gift her one of my sunscreen to tried (that she loved) because I never had luck with drugstore skincare :(
Clearly we all need to set up two Sephora accounts.  Keep one VIB and one VIBR!  With the $ some of us spend there, we could have 4 Rouge accounts!  Then we can shop both sales and we'll get the Dec coupon deal multiple times too!  (if they do that again this year) And since the points are worthless, it's not like having them all under the same account will matter anyway.
You are totally right. I bet some people already do this.

montREALady

Anyone ever try the Givenchy version of YSL Touché Eclat? The girl at Sephora couldn't find the tester for darkest shade in TE, 6.5, so she tried to get me to try Givenchy claiming it lasts longer, etc. Not sure if she said that because she was being lazy or what. The darkest shade was to light for me anyway but just curious.

Prettypackages

Anyone ever try the Givenchy version of YSL Touché Eclat? The girl at Sephora couldn't find the tester for darkest shade in TE, 6.5, so she tried to get me to try Givenchy claiming it lasts longer, etc. Not sure if she said that because she was being lazy or what. The darkest shade was to light for me anyway but just curious.
it didn't work for me. I think like you, the darkest was too light. I just like the shade range of YSL better.

makeupbyvee

I'm pissed. My Ardemcy Inn Duo came broken, and now is OOS. They gave me a refund. I ordered it, because I wanted it. Sephora needs to improve there packaging of eyeshadows. Feeling pissed'!

Rasbury

Ladies,

If I hv to pick one which one would you recommend? Nars Barbara or Brigitte? I am nc 25-30 and I want picky peachy nude. THANKS!
I really like both of these too, but I lean more towards Brigitte. It is slightly more peachy pink while Barbara has more brown/nude base. But both are lovely. Just depends which you would prefer.

Latest posts