All Things Sephora

Jayjayy

I was surprised to see some stuff still there after about 5 minutes. LOL Heir is gorgeous, but I don't think brown skin like ours can pull that off easily.

Understandable. It's just that if I ignored popular things on instagram or youtube I would've missed out on things I really enjoy like Melt, Coloured Raine and Colourpop. I don't care about that girl beyond her lip products and I heard some good and some bad about it before. I just figured I won't know until I try it and judge for myself. I think they're great.

kyliecosmetics.com They sell fast. Like, Mac fast. I get news of restocks from instagram and I make sure I am by my computer. She restocks pretty often, though.

PS: is it just me or is Mac not selling out as fast as it used to? Like, I can go to the site and shop a collection that I didn't even know was out for a week. What's happening there? Fatigue or is that just a few bum collections? I am completely out of the Mac loop.

I think MAC is doing a 180 of the Instagram brands by having new products in stock. When their collections got crazy last year and the year before, I gave up. I want to try more Jeffrey Star but I don't care enough to stalk Instagram for the "restocking at 10am PST!" announcements, only for it to be gone in 20 minutes. Same with the Violet Voss Holy Grail palette & Colourpop's new stuff. My only regret is missing the Dej Loaf lipglass!! (luckily I placed my last Colourpop order before the sale lol)

I love Coloured Raine as a brand. They always respond nicely to comments, and repost pretty much anyone wearing their product with a compliment. And being black-owned is icing on the cake. Oh and the products are bomb!

AnneAntz

I think MAC is doing a 180 of the Instagram brands by having new products in stock. When their collections got crazy last year and the year before, I gave up. I want to try more Jeffrey Star but I don't care enough to stalk Instagram for the "restocking at 10am PST!" announcements, only for it to be gone in 20 minutes. Same with the Violet Voss Holy Grail palette & Colourpop's new stuff. My only regret is missing the Dej Loaf lipglass!! (luckily I placed my last Colourpop order before the sale lol)

I love Coloured Raine as a brand. They always respond nicely to comments, and repost pretty much anyone wearing their product with a compliment. And being black-owned is icing on the cake. Oh and the products are bomb!

Same here i woul LOVEEE to try Jeffrey Star but because of to hard to get I was like oh well I get them when I can.

elegant-one

I have it in my Saks basket, along with english rose. Could I be so bold and ask you to describe them? Thank you!

Just saw this. Ask away anytime my dear! I can take pictures & swatches for you tomorrow if you want.

Cherry Blossom is a medium slight red based pink. Its not bright or barbie pink. It is such a wearable pink. It is one of THE prettiest pinks I own - & that's a lot :)

English Rose is so beautiful! It's a slight mauve, slight nude soft rose pink.

AnneAntz

Happy Friday everyone!

Are you guys going to the flash you card event today? I think I am going because I want the clutch, however what should I get for $25? Bite lipstick, blush, or concealer? I pretty much don't know what to get since I had a big haul last month. Any suggestions much appreicated!

franlynne

Just saw this. Ask away anytime my dear! I can take pictures & swatches for you tomorrow if you want.

Cherry Blossom is a medium slight red based pink. Its not bright or barbie pink. It is such a wearable pink. It is one of THE prettiest pinks I own - & that's a lot :)

English Rose is so beautiful! It's a slight mauve, slight nude soft rose pink.
Thanks so much. I rely on your input because I think we are both fair( I am casper white though) with pigmented lips. Sometimes a bright pink will turn fuchsia on me. These sound just lovely.

Last edited:

elegant-one

Thanks so much. I rely on your input because I think we are both fair( I am casper white though) with pigmented lips. Sometimes a bright pink will turn fuchsia on me. These sound just lovely.

Aww, that's so sweet! :flowers: I'm very fair with pigmented lips as well ;)

elegant-one

Here ya go! They are all much prettier in person & on the lips. The pink isn't as bright on the lips as it appears on my skin.
Also, something happens that smears the lipsticks around the top casing. Not sure why. Its not that I'm piggy LOL!

Burberry English Rose & Cherry Blossom

IMG_9209.JPG
IMG_9210.JPG
IMG_9212.JPG
IMG_9215.JPG
IMG_9219.JPG
IMG_9220.JPG

elegant-one

Givenchy Rouge Interdit 11 Rouge Rebelle - GORGEOUS red/strawberry red. SOOOO much prettier on the lips than my arm & deeper in shade. The texture is shiny without looking tacky & the color adheres to the lips & the feel is quite light on the lips.

IMG_9225.JPG
IMG_9226.JPG
IMG_9227.JPG
IMG_9229.JPG
IMG_9232.JPG

fur4elise

Givenchy Rouge Interdit 11 Rouge Rebelle - GORGEOUS red/strawberry red. SOOOO much prettier on the lips than my arm & deeper in shade. The texture is shiny without looking tacky & the color adheres to the lips & the feel is quite light on the lips.

View attachment 54018
View attachment 54019
View attachment 54020
View attachment 54021
View attachment 54022
Oooh! That truly looks like a strawberry jam...yummmm. It is sheerer than I though the formula would be. Very nice!

franlynne

Here ya go! They are all much prettier in person & on the lips. The pink isn't as bright on the lips as it appears on my skin.
Also, something happens that smears the lipsticks around the top casing. Not sure why. Its not that I'm piggy LOL!

Burberry English Rose & Cherry Blossom

View attachment 54012
View attachment 54013
View attachment 54014
View attachment 54015
View attachment 54016
View attachment 54017
Thank you so much for these swatches! Gorgeous on you as usual. I am going to order them both.

elegant-one

Oooh! That truly looks like a strawberry jam...yummmm. It is sheerer than I though the formula would be. Very nice!

Hahaha! RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It totally looks like I stuck my lipt in strawberry jam :yumyum: <----LOL!!! Its definitely NOT that sheer on the lips. Its gorgeous on. Its somewhere between a balm, gloss & light lipstick. I'm wearing it today & I'm in love with it.

Last edited:

Mayanas

temptalia has almost 60 swatches and only Hitch Hike is calling me. and maybe im the only person here who doesnt have any UD lipstick :oops:

TwiggyPop

Hello lovelies!!! I've been MIA here for way too long! How has everyone been?

Is there a big launch today? For some reason the Sephora website keeps saying there's too much traffic.

novocainedreams

Hey all!

Haven't been around much(at all!), been curbing my makeup spending. Is there any good promo codes now, I seemed to have missed all the good ones.

Latest posts