All Things Sephora

montREALady

I like the matte formula in these lip paints but I think you and I are similar in skintones...Namaste didn't work for me as far as nude is concerned. I was teetering the powdered donut look...even with the liner. lol..just keep that in mind if you haven't already tried it.

Girl thank you for that. I was holding off because I want to order Tarte's Lights, Camera, Splashes mascara and wanted to check that out in the store first. I've tried the regular one which I love but then I'm seeing reviews that are making me wonder about the waterproof one. I didn't even think about swatching the lippie but I will now. Thanks a lot. And to be honest, I was only going to finally get the mascara because I want the lippie! OMG, this is a sickness.

Last edited:

Shars

I received Firenze in the mail yesterday and I agree with Shars assessment of the formula. It's creamy, sets quickly, and is true to tube. In person, the shade looks much lighter in the tube than shown on the website, however, it's still a pretty color and is a tad lighter than Lolita when worn. I carefully ate soup with it on and then Chickfila later on and it stayed on very well (some did come off though which I did expect with the type of food I ate). I paired it with NYX Mahogany lip liner which goes with it perfectly (a dupe for MAC Plum). You should like it if you decide to order it!

Firenze is my first Stila liquid lipstick and I have to agree that I think it's a better formula than Kat Von D's liquid lipsticks from my experience. It's a lot more comfortable on the lips and not as drying.

Yayyy! I'm happy you like Firenze and the Stila formula in general! Firenze is on my wishlist right now. I'll most likely pick it up in the next Sephora sale. What I really like about their formula is that with the lighter shades I don't get that cracked line where my lips go together like I do with so many other brands. The only other brand that doesn't do that to me with the lighter shades is ColourPop. If you're looking to grab a few more of the Stila ones, their holiday set which has 6 for $39 is back in stock on Sephora's website. I picked it up and really love allll the shades. The only one I had a bit of trouble with was "Como" which I found drying compared to the others and it didn't wear as well but I'm assuming that is owing to the pigments they had to use to get such a bright colour.

Anybody tried the Tarte lip paint in Fomo? I have a few of the other colors in this line and like the formula. I'm trying to decide between Fomo and Stila's Firenze. From what I can tell, they are similar in color. I just want to pick one that's most flattering.

I want Fomo as well!!!! It's been sitting in my wishlist but I'm so hesitant because of the reviews of the Tarte formula which said they didn't fully set and consequently smudged. I want to try it for myself though.

Anyone doing the Sephora Matte Lip weekly thing for the month of February? This week is Tarte's Tarteist Lip Paint in Namaste (deluxe sample), free with $25 purchase with the code BOLDLIP. I think I may get this one. I love a good matte nude...

http://www.sephora.com/boldlip?om_m...3e2d5af2-a395-40b6-b487-e2f3ab2656e5|17012472

I definitely want to get it but I need to find $25 worth of stuff that I REALLY want first lol.

colormefab

The Tarte formulas aren't flat matte. But I appreciate the formula because its comfortable. Its more of a cream but pigmented.I feel like this new formula will be the "it'' formula because people will be over their lips drying out or flaking off.

Shars

The Tarte formulas aren't flat matte. But I appreciate the formula because its comfortable. Its more of a cream but pigmented.I feel like this new formula will be the "it'' formula because people will be over their lips drying out or flaking off.

As long as they don't transfer and last a long time, I don't mind. Most of the formulas people think are super drying (Limecrime, Colourpop, etc.) are not drying for me so I love me a liquid matte lippy lol.

colormefab

As long as they don't transfer and last a long time, I don't mind. Most of the formulas people think are super drying (Limecrime, Colourpop, etc.) are not drying for me so I love me a liquid matte lippy lol.

Ah, that may be an issue for you then...They do transfer but I do find them to be long wearing...

Shars

Ah, that may be an issue for you then...They do transfer but I do find them to be long wearing...

Hmmm. Well I'll just start with one or two then and see how I get on. I'm okay with a bit of transfer as long as there'll still be colour on my lips.

DILLIGAF

I bought frenemy and hangry. Most matte lips dont bother me. This is a very comfortable formula. I did take hangry back but only because it's an exact color dupe for MAC Retro liquid lippy in Oh Lady, wanted to have one of each. Frenemy is beautiful though. If you are a fan of dark vampy lips get it!

Sabrunka

Lol they transfer everywhere. I got the TBT one and returned it literally the next day. The color and how it felt on the lips was great, but the staying power was BAD. Most came off when I took a drink of water, and lots got on my chin as well. All that was left after about an hour was a gross line around my lips :(.

Prettypackages

their names are hilarious.
I bought frenemy and hangry. Most matte lips dont bother me. This is a very comfortable formula. I did take hangry back but only because it's an exact color dupe for MAC Retro liquid lippy in Oh Lady, wanted to have one of each. Frenemy is beautiful though. If you are a fan of dark vampy lips get it!

Shars

Lol they transfer everywhere. I got the TBT one and returned it literally the next day. The color and how it felt on the lips was great, but the staying power was BAD. Most came off when I took a drink of water, and lots got on my chin as well. All that was left after about an hour was a gross line around my lips :(.

WOW!!!!! I think I'll just get this freebie one before I spend my money on a full sized one!

dash4

Off-topic: If anyone was wanting the Morphe 35O palette - it is back in stock on Morphe's website.. I just bought another one, because I dropped my other one and three of the shadows shattered. :-(

Also muse beauty has that buy 2 viseart palettes + 3 brushes for $128 --> https://musebeauty.pro/parisian-eyes/

I apologize if this has already been discussed somewhere earlier in the thread, but has anyone tried the Becca backlit primer? If so, what do you think about it? I'm not sure I noticed a real difference under NARS all-day luminous foundation or the radiant tinted moisturizer. I'm getting the new matte skin tint, though, and I think it could be nice with that.

I love it! I am not sure that it prolongs the wear of my makeup, but I think it gives the perfect amount of glow to the skin. I have tried a lot of different primers and it is by far my favorite. Plus I think it will last forever.. I use about half a pump for my entire face. I have only used it under my Estee Lauder Perfectionist though, so I can not comment on how well it 'plays' with other foundations.

DILLIGAF

Off-topic: If anyone was wanting the Morphe 35O palette - it is back in stock on Morphe's website.. I just bought another one, because I dropped my other one and three of the shadows shattered. :-(

Also muse beauty has that buy 2 viseart palettes + 3 brushes for $128 --> https://musebeauty.pro/parisian-eyes/

I love it! I am not sure that it prolongs the wear of my makeup, but I think it gives the perfect amount of glow to the skin. I have tried a lot of different primers and it is by far my favorite. Plus I think it will last forever.. I use about half a pump for my entire face. I have only used it under my Estee Lauder Perfectionist though, so I can not comment on how well it 'plays' with other foundations.
That Viseart deal is an amazing one. *rubs hands sneakily*

Last edited:

Alysse011

Any thoughts on Korres skincare? I was thinking of being brave and trying it. The Wild Rose line in particular.

I'm not sure about the Wild Rose line, but I use the Greek Yoghurt Sleeping Facial. I really like it. My skin has been flaking a little and slightly irritated; this did a great job of moisturizing and soothing. Unfortunately, I have no experience with any other products. I would definitely be willing to give them a try though after my good experience so far.

Latest posts