All Things Sephora

Sabrunka

New Sephora promo code is out for VIB and VIBR (3FORVIB is the code), and you get to pick three of these items (all from Fresh)!! Minumum $35 spend, value breakdown of all items to choose from is:

Rose Lip Treatment: $12.80
Black Tea Mask: $18.96
Adv Therapy Lip Treatment: $13.87
Seaberry Oil: $5.20
Lip Serum Adv Therapy: $9.60
Face Polish: $8.45
Nourishing Lip Balm Adv Therapy: 12.50

boschicka

SIGH...just when I think my wallet is safe...NARS, Hourglass & BECCA are coming through for fall/holiday 16!

Ha, you're never safe! Holidays are always rough. And when there aren't limited edition items, it's time to stock up on permanent things!

fur4elise

Ha, you're never safe! Holidays are always rough. And when there aren't limited edition items, it's time to stock up on permanent things!
LOL! I am so learning this the hard way! At least I am being more selective before I pounce...so...I guess techinically still a low buy girl...just with high end tastes these days!

Dang, I want both Hourglass ANNNNND Rose Quartz! So beautiful!
LOL! I just noticed they are both in the above picture...together...It's a sign Lauren...Must. Have. Both.:yumyum:

boschicka

LOL! I am so learning this the hard way! At least I am being more selective before I pounce...so...I guess techinically still a low buy girl...just with high end tastes these days!

That's a good way to be. I've also found that it's difficult to always trust people's reviews for high end items b/c they just want to like it b/c it's high end or a certain brand and not admit it's still a crap product.

fur4elise

That's a good way to be. I've also found that it's difficult to always trust people's reviews for high end items b/c they just want to like it b/c it's high end or a certain brand and not admit it's still a crap product.

:yes:AGREE! I trust the ladies here more than anywhere else! Simply because we love makeup at all price points! We ooooh & aaaah & share with no vested interest other than to love all the pretty stuffs. :heart:

It's also very true that some brands are all about the status of having it...But what good is it, if its craap?! I was so close to going for the CL Loubilaque...simply to possess that lil artsy bottle...BUT the reviews coming in are not great. How disappointed I would have been! So I am thankful when something sucks it is freely commented upon and shared here. It has saved me a pretty penny or three! ;)

Or even better still when there are social issues, cultural issues, brand issues, etc. that are also openly discussed. I truly appreciate that as well.

boschicka

:yes:AGREE! I trust the ladies here more than anywhere else! Simply because we love makeup at all price points! We ooooh & aaaah & share with no vested interest other than to love all the pretty stuffs. :heart:

It's also very true that some brands are all about the status of having it...But what good is it, if its craap?! I was so close to going for the CL Loubilaque...simply to possess that lil artsy bottle...BUT the reviews coming in are not great. How disappointed I would have been! So I am thankful when something sucks it is freely commented upon and shared here. It has saved me a pretty penny or three! ;)

Or even better still when there are social issues, cultural issues, brand issues, etc. that are also openly discussed. I truly appreciate that as well.

Yes, 100%!

karlaedith

New Sephora promo code is out for VIB and VIBR (3FORVIB is the code), and you get to pick three of these items (all from Fresh)!! Minumum $35 spend, value breakdown of all items to choose from is:

Rose Lip Treatment: $12.80
Black Tea Mask: $18.96
Adv Therapy Lip Treatment: $13.87
Seaberry Oil: $5.20
Lip Serum Adv Therapy: $9.60
Face Polish: $8.45
Nourishing Lip Balm Adv Therapy: 12.50
Just used the code, i got the dennis gross retinol+ferrulic eye serum because i have hooded lids and i have read that this is good for firming the lid area and also got the agave lip mask, me and my 5 year old daughter have extremely dry lips, i have tried numerous lip balms from the drugstore and nothing works, i have got to the point where i cannot wear lipstick if its slightly drying, so i also took advantage of the promo code and got 3 out of the 4 lip treatments avaliable.. I really hope at least one of the 3 fresh products or the bite beauty one works:(

laurennnxox

Some super quick concealer swatch pictures. I'm so shocked at how light the KVD Light 1 concealer is! It's the lightest I own. In fact, it might even be a little toooo light for concealing dark circles, but it'll be absolutely perfect for (finally) being able to highlight this fair face. :D

I haven't tested it out yet, but it seems nice and I love the shape of the applicator. Also, not too much comes out on each pull. Where as the TF BTW often gets a ton on the plastic bit of the wand.

View attachment 55255
Above photo, top to bottom, natural light:
MUFE Ultra HD Concealer in Y21
New KVD Lock-it Concealer Creme in Light 1
Too Faced Born This Way Concealer in Very Fair (Pfft, yeah right! but I love this formula and it's great at covering my dark circles. I just have to blend really well and add a lighter concealer below so it doesn't look so silly.)

Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 10.34.23 AM.png
Above photo, top to bottom, natural light:
Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly
New KVD Lock-it Concealer Creme in Light 1
Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla

Hope this helps! I'm sorry I couldn't comment more on the wear and formula. It came really late last night. I'll be trying it out all this weekend!

Rinstar

Temptalia's swatches of the KvD Serpentina palette make me not want it, so that's good news! Bad news is I want a Becca x JH duo, ABH Modern Renaissance, ABH Sweets Glow Kit and I just bought ABH Mood Child.

MaryJane

Temptalia's swatches of the KvD Serpentina palette make me not want it, so that's good news! Bad news is I want a Becca x JH duo, ABH Modern Renaissance, ABH Sweets Glow Kit and I just bought ABH Mood Child.

I received the palette yesterday and did some swatches on my hand. IMO, the swatches on Temptalia don't represent the colors well. When I swatched them they were more pigmented and not patchy.

Sabrunka

I received the palette yesterday and did some swatches on my hand. IMO, the swatches on Temptalia don't represent the colors well. When I swatched them they were more pigmented and not patchy.

Interesting, I had issues with mine! Here is a mini review I did and posted in other places:

As always, the mattes aren't that great, especially the red one. Surprisingly the purple was quite good when compared to other purples, but still not amazing.

The BEST shades in the palette are definitely medusa, ankh, queen and prophet. I find that they went on the nicest (well, medusa was the overall winner when compared to all of them). They looked decent with a brush and also super great with a finger! If you want the glitter from ankh to show more, then apply with your finger.

The worst were bloodmilk, nile and scarab. Nile and scarab were just dreadful and SO CHUNKY. I mean, once you smooth out the chunk they are good but right off the bat they crumbled once I touched them in the pan, whether it be with my fingers or a brush. Oh, also hieroglyph wasn't too great either, it applied the worst with a brush. I had to glide over maybe 5 times until it looked semi presentable.

Overall, it is a nice palette, but I don't think I would've bought it. I know I can create a few nice looks, but some of the shadows are difficult to work with. I do like how sturdy the palette is though, and also how everything is laid out. It is really pretty to look at!

On left is the brush swatch and on right is the finger swatch, all done over UD primer potion.

photo2.jpg
View attachment 55261

boschicka

Interesting, I had issues with mine! Here is a mini review I did and posted in other places:

As always, the mattes aren't that great, especially the red one. Surprisingly the purple was quite good when compared to other purples, but still not amazing.

The BEST shades in the palette are definitely medusa, ankh, queen and prophet. I find that they went on the nicest (well, medusa was the overall winner when compared to all of them). They looked decent with a brush and also super great with a finger! If you want the glitter from ankh to show more, then apply with your finger.

The worst were bloodmilk, nile and scarab. Nile and scarab were just dreadful and SO CHUNKY. I mean, once you smooth out the chunk they are good but right off the bat they crumbled once I touched them in the pan, whether it be with my fingers or a brush. Oh, also hieroglyph wasn't too great either, it applied the worst with a brush. I had to glide over maybe 5 times until it looked semi presentable.

Overall, it is a nice palette, but I don't think I would've bought it. I know I can create a few nice looks, but some of the shadows are difficult to work with. I do like how sturdy the palette is though, and also how everything is laid out. It is really pretty to look at!

On left is the brush swatch and on right is the finger swatch, all done over UD primer potion.

View attachment 55260
View attachment 55261

Thanks for this! I'll stick with her individual metallic shadows.

Latest posts