All Things Sephora

elegant-one

Another Lancome "Pink Pool" blush fan here. It gives my cheeks a nice pink flush without looking like I have rosacea. If they are indeed discontinuing it, then I will have to grab a backup too..

:icon_cheers::cloud9::five: That's great! It is sooooo beautiful on. I ordered a BU right away ;) Actually ALL of the blushes I bought during the Lancome sale are super pretty on. They become part of the skin so they look so natural. Happy you love it too.

laurennnxox

Fiiiiiiiinally got my Becca x JH stuff today, and it's sooo beautiful! I can't wait to try everything out. I got the eye and face palette and the liquid illuminator. I'm going to glow until 2020 when I do my full face tomorrow. :rofl:

msvluvsmac

Fiiiiiiiinally got my Becca x JH stuff today, and it's sooo beautiful! I can't wait to try everything out. I got the eye and face palette and the liquid illuminator. I'm going to glow until 2020 when I do my full face tomorrow. :rofl:

Can't wait to see your swatches! When I finally decided to get the face pallette, it sold out. Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on one.

montREALady

Dayum, Sephora ain't playing. I get my Sun Dipped tomorrow and I did regular flash 2-day shipping when I placed my order this morning.

Got my Becca × JH today, I haven't even opened the box yet but that alone is pretty!
20160531_184605_wm.jpg

And all my little deluxe sample sized goodies! UD All Nighter, Jurlique Rosewater Mist, and Tarteguard. Yay! :D

montREALady

Back to the foundation chat...lol. So NARS & MUFE were no go. I ended up with a sample of the Smashbox Studio Skin 3.1 My Sephora artist also gave me a free deluxe sample of the tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer! She is such a sweetie! So I am wearing both today. Definitely less oily and shocker, no oxidation. I am liking it. I'm going to try it for a few more days with a couple other primers I have to see if it plays well. The Lancome Teint Idole is also still on the possible list. Again no oxidation and the overall finish is so smooth & clean.

Glad some things are working out!

shontay07108

Thanks for the tip re the rotation bug. And for pointing out that BO is in the +/- section. Totally blanked on that.
You're welcome ladies. I wore it today and it's a strange formula lol. It says it's more like a water gel and I totally get that. It isn't runny or anything but very lighweight. I had to apply two layers to get the coverage that I'm accustomed to (medium coverage) but I understand that's how they intended. The artists suggested allowing it to dry a bit between layers as well. The wear has not been bad... I did have some oil breakthrough and blotted with a linen sheet and now it's just a natural glow. I have a long day today so I'll monitor to see how long before it looks catastrophic lol. I also didn't wear any primer with it today but will continue to play with it and report back. Oh and Shontay... I was mistaken. It doesn't follow the original numbering *bummer*.

Oh my word. This means I'll probably fail 2-3 times at finding my shade (depending on how expansive the shade range is). The rest of it is encouraging. I never have to worry about oil breaking through so I think I'll be alright on that front. Thanks. Shars.

BrittLuvsMakeup

Dayum, Sephora ain't playing. I get my Sun Dipped tomorrow and I did regular flash 2-day shipping when I placed my order this morning.

Got my Becca × JH today, I haven't even opened the box yet but that alone is pretty!
View attachment 54503

And all my little deluxe sample sized goodies! UD All Nighter, Jurlique Rosewater Mist, and Tarteguard. Yay! :D

I'm glad to hear that you ladies received your BECCA x Jaclyn Hill products today! I received my face and eyeshadow palettes as well! The packaging for the products are just as gorgeous in person as they are in photos and videos. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to return the eyeshadow palette but I can't wait to use the face palette! Also, I'm glad to hear that you're getting Sun Dipped so soon MontREALady! That was super fast! I don't know how I'm going to have the patience to wait to get it at a later date, lol. Please let us know how you like it when you use it!

bunnypoet

:icon_cheers::cloud9::five: That's great! It is sooooo beautiful on. I ordered a BU right away ;) Actually ALL of the blushes I bought during the Lancome sale are super pretty on. They become part of the skin so they look so natural. Happy you love it too.

Yaass! The blush rocks! At first I was wary because I have redness in my cheeks that has intensified lately because of allergies, but this blush did not disappoint. It did not give me clown cheeks or become streaky on any dry patches. A definite win for me! And I definitely agree that the Lancome blushes have a nice subtle finish so I don't have to worry about being heavy-handed. I left Lancome for several years, but I am so glad I came back once they made Lisa Eldridge creative director. I'm going to have to check out some other shades too after your glowing review! :twirl::heart:

MaryJane

We ordered the same products! I've been using the face palette for a few days and think it does live up to the hype. Amaretto blush is gorgeous. The blushes are very pigmented. I'm fair (Armani Luminous Silk #4) and don't think I'll be able to use Prosecco Pop on it's own - it looks a little too yellow on my skin. It looks great mixed w/Champagne Pop. I'm still undecided about the liquid. I mixed it w/my foundation and it is very subtle.

The eyeshadow palette is going back to Sephora. While the colors are pretty, they are dupable and not pigmented. I packed the color on today and it was still very,very subtle. This was on top of UD Primer Potion. A lot of the reviews I've read have commented on the pigmentation in the palette.

BrittLuvsMakeup

The eyeshadow palette is going back to Sephora. While the colors are pretty, they are dupable and not pigmented. I packed the color on today and it was still very,very subtle. This was on top of UD Primer Potion. A lot of the reviews I've read have commented on the pigmentation in the palette.

I'm returning my eyeshadow palette as well. I didn't intend on purchasing it in the first place, but once I saw that it popped up on the site, I decided to get it since it was limited edition (out of FOMO) and because I thought it would be a good travel palette with neutral colors that would be appropriate for any occasion. However, shortly after my purchase, I started feeling buyer's remorse because of the price (for so few eyeshadows) and the fact that the colors are not only dupable (I don't really mind dupes but not 5 very dupable shades for $40) but most of them are pretty much standard in almost every eyeshadow palette. So at that point, I already had in my mind that I was going to return it as soon as it arrived but I was still straddling the fence a little bit. So when a significant amount of reviews came out about the lack of pigmentation in the shadows and I saw on the box of the eyeshadow palette that it was made in China (which I find strange, because every BECCA product I own, including the face palette, is made in the U.S except this eyeshadow palette), I decided that it wasn't worth it for me to keep personally. While I do think that it is beautifully packaged, there are other products out right now in the same price range that I am more excited about and that I feel will provide me with better quality and value for the money.

Last edited:

Shars

HA, dangit! You better not jinx my method! ;)

Hehe. I don't think I've done a straight phone to forum upload since the switchover but I'll try and see if the reverse works. I kinda wish Specktra had an app!

Oh my word. This means I'll probably fail 2-3 times at finding my shade (depending on how expansive the shade range is). The rest of it is encouraging. I never have to worry about oil breaking through so I think I'll be alright on that front. Thanks. Shars.

Yeah, if you're skin is normal or even dry I think you will like it. That said, I still do like it so far and there are only a select few foundations that I don't have oil breakthrough with since I'm oily and live in the tropics! When I get in tonight I'll make a note of my shade in this new foundation. I think the one I choose is ever so slightly too yellow for me but it seems to self adjust. At least it'll be one you can cross off because I'm about 2 shades darker than you I think.

DILLIGAF

I got my palette today and decided to gift it to my sister. She really loved it. I'll get one at the store launch, I hope. If not I will just use hers. I'm very much in love with the blushes.

MaryJane

A quick follow up to my earlier post about the Becca Jaclyn Hill eyeshadow palette. So, so disappointed. By lunch time, the shadows were almost completely gone from my eyes. I had the colors packed on top of UD Primer Potion. I've tried a lot of different brands of shadow and never had this happen.

On the bright side, since I'm returning this I have more $$ to spend on the new UD Vice Lipstick

laurennnxox

Oh no, I'm sad to hear all the disappointment about the JH eye palette! I'm going to test it out tomorrow. I've had a horrible headache all day today and haven't done much, let alone do a full face.

Is anyone going to the VIBR event this Sunday. The email seemed to hint a some of the products that'll be there and UD Vice was on the list. I really hope so! I'd like to snag one or two.

msvluvsmac

Oh no, I'm sad to hear all the disappointment about the JH eye palette! I'm going to test it out tomorrow. I've had a horrible headache all day today and haven't done much, let alone do a full face.

Is anyone going to the VIBR event this Sunday. The email seemed to hint a some of the products that'll be there and UD Vice was on the list. I really hope so! I'd like to snag one or two.

I'm going. I hope it's worth it.

Hope you feel better soon.

laurennnxox

I'm going. I hope it's worth it.

Hope you feel better soon.

Same! I'm bringing a friend. I've been to some "worth it," and some that were a waste of time. If I get to snag some super early stuff, I'll be satisfied. I'm now in a city where there is probably more Rouges (versus living in a small college town) so hopefully the store isn't slammed.

and thank you! I've been resting so I should feel fine tomorrow. :)

Latest posts