All Things Sephora

elegant-one

lmao.gif
do you think they will let us use the code during VIB weekend
I WANT them to let us use it. I missed a couple of things
lol.gif

dash4

If anyone has been waiting for Filthy Rich by Buxom to come back in stock.. hurry.. it is about to sell out.. (it says next to it "only a few left")..

Shars

ETA: Pain in the rear or no, that is nice of them. They didn't have to...should they? Yup. Have to? Nope.
The regular VIB code, no? If I can use a VIB code, as VIBR, to redeem a promo code, surely, I could use the VIB 20% off code, no? Well, we'll know by tomorrow lol.

GreenEyedAllie

I WANT them to let us use it. I missed a couple of things :lol:
Me too! Except I cleaned my makeup/skin care area last night and went through things, which demonstrated that I need to be on a low-to-no buy for a while. 10 hrs later, stuff is back in stock and CP launched their holiday stuff that looks freaking gorgeous. It's hard to be good.

Prettypackages

Sephora BT Forum Advisor

Hi All! To answer some of the questions in this thread-
Our VIB Rouge 20% off promotion weekend has officially ended. However, certain items that were out of stock during that time may now be available in stores and online. If you were unable to purchase your favorite item this past weekend and it is now available, we will be happy to extend your 20% discount for that item if you purchase it November 13th-16th. This can be done in store, or by calling us at 877-SEPHORA. We apologize for any inconvenience but we are glad to extend the discount so you can get the product you love.

Cheers,
Sara

This is stupid!

slowlikehoney

Ebates didn't give me cash back on one of my Sephora orders, they said they couldn't since I used a discount code not found on their website. I got cash back on another Sephora sale order, though, so I don't get it.

MissElle12

I'm a rouge, but they sent me a regular silver vib coupon in the mail (and a rouge code in my email...go figure). I know they probably wont let me use the vib code online, but I wonder if I could use the physical coupon in store....

laurennnxox

Soooooo, I am going home for about 12 days, and just typed up my list of things to pack. I'm good at limiting myself when it comes to outfits and shoes and hair products-- but I absolutely CANT cut down on makeup!

I'm like "oh I'll just bring the staples... BUT WHAT IF--"
lmao.gif
I'm so high maintenance when it comes to beauty products. I really really love my options...

I have on my list:
2 primers (matte and dewy)
2 foundations (I mix these every day)
under-eye corrector
under eye concealer
other concealer for brightening / rouge acne mark
all over powder
setting powder
1 contour color
cool toned bronzer
warm toned bronzer
tarte blush palette
4 other HG blushes (becca gypsy, CT love glow, milani luminoso, ud rapture)
2 HLs plus the new becca HL palette
dip brow
brow gel
ud eye primer
glitter glue
FOUR PALETTES (i can't pick!! KVD shade & light, viseart dark mattes, ABH self-made & ABH world traveller)
8 CP singles eye shadows
2 TF cream shadows
kvd liner
2 different color gel liners
2 mascaras (1 waterproof, 1 not)
brushes for allllllll of the above (which is a lot of brushes, tbh)
setting spray
meteorites compact (taking a tin of balls would be ideal but nervous about traveling with them)

oh.. yeah.. and I haven't even gotten to picking out lipsticks. I'll need liquid lipsticks, normal lipsticks, nudes, reds, fall colors.... lip liners....
icon_eek.gif
th_crazy2.gif

The good news is I'm driving, so weight limit is not a requirement but I was *trying* not to go ham on what i'm bringing, It's 12 days. Though I'll likely be wearing makeup 10-11 of the days there.

How do you ladies travel when it comes to makeup? How do you cut down your list or pack smaller? I know z palettes are wonderful but I don't like depotting. Plus the majority of my singles are CP super shock eyeshadows. Those can't be depotted.

Any suggestions? I think I might pass out trying to carry all this up/down 5 flights of stairs
heat.gif

Shars

Soooooo, I am going home for about 12 days, and just typed up my list of things to pack. I'm good at limiting myself when it comes to outfits and shoes and hair products-- but I absolutely CANT cut down on makeup!

lmao.gif
I'm so high maintenance when it comes to beauty products. I really really love my options...

I have on my list:
under-eye corrector
under eye concealer
all over powder
setting powder
1 contour color
cool toned bronzer
warm toned bronzer
tarte blush palette
dip brow
brow gel
ud eye primer
glitter glue
FOUR PALETTES (i can't pick!! KVD shade & light, viseart dark mattes, ABH self-made & ABH world traveller)
8 CP singles eye shadows
2 TF cream shadows
kvd liner
setting spray
meteorites compact (taking a tin of balls would be ideal but nervous about traveling with them)

oh.. yeah.. and I haven't even gotten to picking out lipsticks. I'll need liquid lipsticks, normal lipsticks, nudes, reds, fall colors.... lip liners....
icon_eek.gif
th_crazy2.gif

The good news is I'm driving, so weight limit is not a requirement but I was *trying* not to go ham on what i'm bringing, It's 12 days. Though I'll likely be wearing makeup 10-11 of the days there.

How do you ladies travel when it comes to makeup? How do you cut down your list or pack smaller? I know z palettes are wonderful but I don't like depotting. Plus the majority of my singles are CP super shock eyeshadows. Those can't be depotted.

Any suggestions? I think I might pass out trying to carry all this up/down 5 flights of stairs
heat.gif
I'm never good at reducing the amt of makeup I travel with but the last trip I vowed that if it couldn't fit in my travel case, then it had to go. Half of those things I never use anyways. Most of your list seems reasonable. I'd say though, you don't need that many eye palettes plus singles, plus cream colours. Also, do you really need the coloured gel liners if you have the KVD one? Do you need both mascaras? If you're at home, you can wash brushes so do you need allll of those brushes. Are there any that you use that are multitaskers? e.g. I have the #54 Sephora Pro Airbrush blush brush and for me, I can contour, highlight and apply blush with it, so I usually take 2 of those and leave all the extras. I use an eyeshadow brush that's good enough for application but also fluffy enough for blending. Those on the spot brush cleaners are also good for spraying and wiping down the brush so you don't need 3 brushes for 3 colours.

Finally, girl, you know you're going to buy more stuff at those counters near your home. Factor those new purchases in and put them to work so you can leave something at school and use the newbie instead! HTH!

laurennnxox

I'm never good at reducing the amt of makeup I travel with but the last trip I vowed that if it couldn't fit in my travel case, then it had to go. Half of those things I never use anyways. Most of your list seems reasonable. I'd say though, you don't need that many eye palettes plus singles, plus cream colours. Also, do you really need the coloured gel liners if you have the KVD one? Do you need both mascaras? If you're at home, you can wash brushes so do you need allll of those brushes. Are there any that you use that are multitaskers? e.g. I have the #54 Sephora Pro Airbrush blush brush and for me, I can contour, highlight and apply blush with it, so I usually take 2 of those and leave all the extras. I use an eyeshadow brush that's good enough for application but also fluffy enough for blending. Those on the spot brush cleaners are also good for spraying and wiping down the brush so you don't need 3 brushes for 3 colours.

Finally, girl, you know you're going to buy more stuff at those counters near your home. Factor those new purchases in and put them to work so you can leave something at school and use the newbie instead! HTH!
Thanks for your help pointing out some stuff I can leave here! Really, I appreciate it! And for the most part-- because you're 1,000% right! I'll definitely be buying more over break.
girlhaha.gif

Slowly but surely I'm narrowing down this list. My parents always shake their heads when they see me carry in like two pairs of shoes, a small carry on type bag with all of my outfits, and then like a GIANT tote bag of makeup.

dash4

I'm a rouge, but they sent me a regular silver vib coupon in the mail (and a rouge code in my email...go figure). I know they probably wont let me use the vib code online, but I wonder if I could use the physical coupon in store....
Rouge is over... Regular VIB starts 11/13 - 11/26 (source: Vineetha.. blame her if it is wrong
Christmas.gif
) ... Rouge were NOT supposed to be able to shop during the VIB sale (only the early Rouge sale)... but there are mixed comments from people who have talked to employees in store and on Sephora's forum.. I am sure you will be okay on 11/13 .. not sure what the code is, but as soon as someone has it - it will probably be posted.

PS ~ I still have my regular VIB card - wonder if they'd notice in the computer if I tried to slide by with that

laurennnxox

I don't know why I keep shopping with them... CS claimed delay was because SAMPLES were out of stock. WTF
Dang that's the biggest load of crap ever. Isn't there like a little disclaimer somewhere saying the samples can be either left out or substituted for something else if they go OOS before your order gets packed?
ohboy.gif

starletta8

Soooooo, I am going home for about 12 days, and just typed up my list of things to pack. I'm good at limiting myself when it comes to outfits and shoes and hair products-- but I absolutely CANT cut down on makeup! I'm like "oh I'll just bring the staples... BUT WHAT IF--" :lmao: I'm so high maintenance when it comes to beauty products. I really really love my options... I have on my list: 2 primers (matte and dewy) 2 foundations (I mix these every day) under-eye corrector under eye concealer  other concealer for brightening / rouge acne mark all over powder setting powder 1 contour color cool toned bronzer warm toned bronzer tarte blush palette 4 other HG blushes (becca gypsy, CT love glow, milani luminoso, ud rapture) 2 HLs plus the new becca HL palette dip brow brow gel ud eye primer glitter glue FOUR PALETTES (i can't pick!! KVD shade & light, viseart dark mattes, ABH self-made & ABH world traveller) 8 CP singles eye shadows 2 TF cream shadows kvd liner 2 different color gel liners 2 mascaras (1 waterproof, 1 not) brushes for allllllll of the above (which is a lot of brushes, tbh) setting spray meteorites compact (taking a tin of balls would be ideal but nervous about traveling with them) oh.. yeah.. and I haven't even gotten to picking out lipsticks. I'll need liquid lipsticks, normal lipsticks, nudes, reds, fall colors.... lip liners.... :shock:  :loco: The good news is I'm driving, so weight limit is not a requirement but I was *trying* not to go ham on what i'm bringing, It's 12 days. Though I'll likely be wearing makeup 10-11 of the days there.  How do you ladies travel when it comes to makeup? How do you cut down your list or pack smaller? I know z palettes are wonderful but I don't like depotting. Plus the majority of my singles are CP super shock eyeshadows. Those can't be depotted.  Any suggestions? I think I might pass out trying to carry all this up/down 5 flights of stairs :hot:  
I got nothing. 5 days and I needed 2 train cases. For just my makeup. No shame.

Prettypackages

lmao.gif

I have on my list:
under-eye corrector
under eye concealer
all over powder
setting powder
1 contour color
cool toned bronzer
warm toned bronzer
tarte blush palette
dip brow
brow gel
ud eye primer
glitter glue
8 CP singles eye shadows
2 TF cream shadows
kvd liner
setting spray

icon_eek.gif
th_crazy2.gif

heat.gif
Maybe take either dark mattes or KVD? I bet you only ending up using one of the neutrals and one of the anastasia palettes. LOL I wouldn't bring the single shadows.
When I go on vacation I tend to do the same one or two eye looks.
Just take the waterproof mascara. Why do you use a cool and warm toned bronzer? Can you put the foundations in a smaller container? That's how I do mine. As far as lips do one out of each color family. Red, Nude, Pink, Purple, Vamp...
I also have my powders in smaller containers. That's how I'm able to take more makeup with me.

Rasbury

Do you all add everything you want to your cart before the sale so you just have to enter the code and check out or do you wait and pick items individually when the code goes live?

Luckily it seems like a few items are slowly coming back in stock after the Rouge dates, so I'm hoping by Friday everything I want will be back.

We'll see....

laurennnxox

Do you all add everything you want to your cart before the sale so you just have to enter the code and check out or do you wait and pick items individually when the code goes live?

Luckily it seems like a few items are slowly coming back in stock after the Rouge dates, so I'm hoping by Friday everything I want will be back.

We'll see....
I had my cart ready and rearing to go. :) Not really because I was fearing things would go OOS, but because I didn't get to shop the F&F sale and I was excitedly playing with stuff in my cart all week!
girlhaha.gif

Genn

I put the most popular items in my cart and check out as ASAP. Then I go back for things that I know won't sell out as fast.

Latest posts