All Things Sephora

v0ltagekid

Sorry lol! the new forum format (although not so new anymore) really messes with me haha, I have to get used to it.
How are you!?

Monsy

regarding returns last time i returned something to nordies and couple of days ago to sephora they opened box, checked the box and the product from the every angle... and i do not return often at all (barely ever)

KiKi Kontour

Hey yaaaaaaall....missing my favorite thread but I keep up wit yall from the notifications in my inbox!!! I been slowin down on Sephora lately n grabbing things here n there. anybody tried MUFE new lippies? I grabbed 2 shades a metallic lavender n purple along with dior lip gloss in mirrored!! of course I've yet to open em even tho im excited about em!! when's the next sale again? lol Sephora really should drop a good 20% off surprise coupon or something in between **le sigh**

shellygrrl

Staff member
when's the next sale again?

Not until November or December, I think?

And this talk of discounts gave me an idea that I wish Sephora would implement: for one's birth month, if BI/VIB/Rouge, one should have the option of either the usual deluxe freebie on offer, or a discount. Discounts could be staggered like the sales: 10%/15%/20%, depending on level.

Prettypackages

regarding returns last time i returned something to nordies and couple of days ago to sephora they opened box, checked the box and the product from the every angle... and i do not return often at all (barely ever)
that's why I am surprised it happened.
Hey yaaaaaaall....missing my favorite thread but I keep up wit yall from the notifications in my inbox!!! I been slowin down on Sephora lately n grabbing things here n there. anybody tried MUFE new lippies? I grabbed 2 shades a metallic lavender n purple along with dior lip gloss in mirrored!! of course I've yet to open em even tho im excited about em!! when's the next sale again? lol Sephora really should drop a good 20% off surprise coupon or something in between **le sigh**
I can't wait to try these lippies. I'm a huge MUFE fan.

And this talk of discounts gave me an idea that I wish Sephora would implement: for one's birth month, if BI/VIB/Rouge, one should have the option of either the usual deluxe freebie on offer, or a discount. Discounts could be staggered like the sales: 10%/15%/20%, depending on level.
That would be an awesome idea.

fur4elise

I too think this is a great idea. I don't know if the rest of you do, but once I hit my birthday month, I get quite a few discount/freebie codes from individual brands. I have loved getting my freebie 24/7 eyeliner from UD! I am not so thrilled with the Sephora bday freebie. I would rather have a discount code and purchase a treat...Sephora wins because I am spending money rather than them give me something...Then again something free + a discount code would be the best! ;)

Monsy

I agree. Ulta offers 3x points, 10$ off and a freebie during the bday month. I wish sephora would do the same.

Kaidan

Anyone into Buxom? It seems like an underrated brand. I bought one of the customizable eye shadow palette and one of the new gel lipsticks in Coral Confession on the Sephora website with the skincare promo.

There's so much skincare stuff that I've been reading about (like Tata Harper, Drunk Elephant, Sunday Riley, and all of the Korean brands) (toners, exfoliators, masks, day/night creams, vitamin c, etc.) but I have no idea where to begin or how to use. I feel like a lost kid whenever I go to the skincare section. ;_; I guess this is what happens when you play it safe with one brand for so long, lol. What exactly is good for a person with oily/combo skin?

VAL4M

anyone liking MUFE brushes? I have three on the wishlist . 110, 126 and 108
I do like them I have 156, 216, 140, 150 and 161, none are shedding (some I have since they launch) they are not scratchy, they keep their shape and they can be use with liquid and powder. If I need to find something that maybe be a con for a big loving brush fanatic the only thing i could find is they are on the light side as for as weight goes.

Monsy

that sounds great thank you. these three are kind of unique i do not have anything similar. will pick them up during sephora sale

boschicka

Anyone into Buxom? It seems like an underrated brand. I bought one of the customizable eye shadow palette and one of the new gel lipsticks in Coral Confession on the Sephora website with the skincare promo.

There's so much skincare stuff that I've been reading about (like Tata Harper, Drunk Elephant, Sunday Riley, and all of the Korean brands) (toners, exfoliators, masks, day/night creams, vitamin c, etc.) but I have no idea where to begin or how to use. I feel like a lost kid whenever I go to the skincare section. ;_; I guess this is what happens when you play it safe with one brand for so long, lol. What exactly is good for a person with oily/combo skin?

The most recently released e/s shades (fall?) from Buxom are very nice!
I would also like to hear what people recommend for oily skin.

shellygrrl

Staff member

I would also like to hear what people recommend for oily skin.

I got a sample of Drunk Elephant's glycolic serum recently. I really liked that. At some point I want to splurge on a full size. I also tried a sample of belif's Aqua Bomb which was really good, to me. I've not tried anything from Tata Harper or Sunday Riley, but I am eyeing that Sunday Riley set with Luna + Good Genes, along with the Juno oil.

The available-at-Sephora brands in my current skincare routine are Ren (their Bio-Retinoid Anti-Wrinkle Oil and their Vita Mineral Daily Supplement moisturizer), Boscia (Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil), Algenist (Daily Defense SPF; it's alright, but I don't like that it has alcohol denat in it), and First Aid Beauty (Facial Radiance Pads).

Jayjayy

Buxom is really good at the few products they make (lipgloss, lipstick, eyeshadow). My t-zone gets out of control sometimes lol but I'm less oily when my skin is properly hydrated, so I use an essence before my moisturizer. I've been enjoying the COSRX Hyaluronic Acid Hydra Power Acid. You can get it off of Amazon. The Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask is also amazing. Too expensive for me right now, but I saw smoother texture and improved evenness.

I'm the only person in the world who is unimpressed with Sunday Riley. The Luna Sleeping Oil was terrible, I broke out every time I used it consistently, and the Tidal Moisturizing cream was greasy.

Prettypackages

what essence are you using?

Buxom is really good at the few products they make (lipgloss, lipstick, eyeshadow). My t-zone gets out of control sometimes lol but I'm less oily when my skin is properly hydrated, so I use an essence before my moisturizer. I've been enjoying the COSRX Hyaluronic Acid Hydra Power Acid. You can get it off of Amazon. The Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask is also amazing. Too expensive for me right now, but I saw smoother texture and improved evenness.

I'm the only person in the world who is unimpressed with Sunday Riley. The Luna Sleeping Oil was terrible, I broke out every time I used it consistently, and the Tidal Moisturizing cream was greasy.

DILLIGAF

Since we are all asking for recommendations I was wondering if any one has tried the new Too Faced Sketch Liquid Art Eyeliners? I've been thinking about the Peach colored one for summer. Any thoughts?

Latest posts