All Things Sephora

Alysse011

Hi everyone! Long time since my last post in this thread. Actually, my last post was a selfie wearing the buriti bronzer and then I ghosted to study for a test for my job. Thank you to everyone who had kind words for that post - y'all are very sweet.

Today I went by the makeup forever boutique in my mall and got samples of the new Water Blend foundation. The girl who helped me showed me the chart MUFE released to find your new shade...and then she showed me the chart she made haha. I think her chart was a little better (so I would recommend trying to see the product in person if possible). She gave me samples of two shades, and I'm bringing them with me this weekend when I go out of town to try. I will let y'all know what I think! She said she is able to sell it starting the 8th, and she also said that a lot of people have been asking about it and getting samples. I hope all Canadians and Americans are having/have a nice holiday!

Monsy

I am nc 15 but during summer I am nc20 and then i can wear linen. it's a bit less yellow than mac nc range . I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts, I have never tried that foundation.

Alysse011

Okay, here is a photo of me wearing the new MUFE water blend. The only makeup I have on is water blend and the Cover FX Enhancer drops on Moonlight on my cheekbones and inner corners. I really really like it so far! I've had it on for about 4 hours as of the time of this picture.

Edited to to add that it is literally triple digits today and I have been outside a little bit (not a ton) image.jpeg

shontay07108

Okay, here is a photo of me wearing the new MUFE water blend. The only makeup I have on is water blend and the Cover FX Enhancer drops on Moonlight on my cheekbones and inner corners. I really really like it so far! I've had it on for about 4 hours as of the time of this picture.

Edited to to add that it is literally triple digits today and I have been outside a little bit (not a ton) View attachment 55159

Thanks for this Alysse. I see the foundation is up on Guru Makeup Emporium now. I am tempted to buy because it seems they have the same shade listings as their other foundations. I'm Y445 Amber in the others so maybe it'll work.

fur4elise

good for you if you can. I LOVE these...and recommend to everyone
You need Amaretto and Prosecco. Just saying.
Allie, I almost...gave in on I think Rose Gold and probably still will as I have nothing like it thus far...but my :heart: right now is all about the CFX drops! Lord! The Candlelight in my tan shade foundation is LIFE! As soon as I kill the double sample my consultant generously gave me I will buy a bottle! Hey CFX! How about a rose gold enhancer! Come on! You know you want to!!!

Okay, here is a photo of me wearing the new MUFE water blend. The only makeup I have on is water blend and the Cover FX Enhancer drops on Moonlight on my cheekbones and inner corners. ) View attachment 55159

OOOOooooh La La! Love it! :heart: Oh yes! The MUFE! Please please give a review...pretty please??!

Alysse011

@shontay I think your HD shade is a great choice. I am the same shade in HD as I am in the new water blend. I would recommend using that over the chart MUFE put out to convert your old F&B shade to the new Water Blend...that chart converted me to a color that was way too dark.

@fur4elise I'm wearing it again today and have decided that I'm definitely buying a bottle on the 8th when it is available in the MUFE boutique. The scent of the old F&B was way too much for me. This one has a scent but it isn't as overpowering and doesn't linger like the old one did (for me at least). It has really wonderful staying power on my skin. I also think it looks great in photos. I have normal to dry skin and it is mositurizing enough on my skin. Also, it's so lightweight and comfortable. The finish is satin/glowy on me. It doesn't give a "flawless" finish, but that was never really the point of F&B...also, I feel kind of uncomfortable when my skin looks plastic lol. It looks great on some people but not on me. Here is a photo from today to give another example in different lighting and with a face of makeup on image.jpeg

Jayjayy

13534499_1061165340635656_1849476515_n.jpg

13561821_242552909462415_741094418_n.jpg

Limited Edition BECCA X Jaclyn Hill Champagne Splits (Shimmering Skin Perfector and Mineral Blush Duos)

From left to right:
1. Champagne Pop / Hyacinth (both of these shades are in their permanent line)
2. Champagne Pop / Flowerchild (both of these shades are in their permanent line)
3. Prosecco / Amaretto (both of these shades are only in the Face Palette)
4. Prosecco / Pamplemousse (both of these shades are only in the Face Palette)

The Angled Highlighting Brush is limited edition as well.

13573544_245967679120663_1934278830_n.jpg

BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Slimlights (Permanent) - highlighter pens

The pens would be very convenient but I'm feeling the Becca overload. How many different forms of the same shades can one buy? Unless there's a great deal for a set, I don't see me getting any of these products.

GreenEyedAllie

@shontay I think your HD shade is a great choice. I am the same shade in HD as I am in the new water blend. I would recommend using that over the chart MUFE put out to convert your old F&B shade to the new Water Blend...that chart converted me to a color that was way too dark.

@fur4elise I'm wearing it again today and have decided that I'm definitely buying a bottle on the 8th when it is available in the MUFE boutique. The scent of the old F&B was way too much for me. This one has a scent but it isn't as overpowering and doesn't linger like the old one did (for me at least). It has really wonderful staying power on my skin. I also think it looks great in photos. I have normal to dry skin and it is mositurizing enough on my skin. Also, it's so lightweight and comfortable. The finish is satin/glowy on me. It doesn't give a "flawless" finish, but that was never really the point of F&B...also, I feel kind of uncomfortable when my skin looks plastic lol. It looks great on some people but not on me. Here is a photo from today to give another example in different lighting and with a face of makeup on View attachment 55168

Alysse, you are breath-taking here...and making me want that new foundation if my skin would calm down. This year has been hell since weaning my little one and I guess stress.

The pens would be very convenient but I'm feeling the Becca overload. How many different forms of the same shades can one buy? Unless there's a great deal for a set, I don't see me getting any of these products.

:rofl: I agree!

shontay07108

@fur4elise I'm wearing it again today and have decided that I'm definitely buying a bottle on the 8th when it is available in the MUFE boutique. The scent of the old F&B was way too much for me. This one has a scent but it isn't as overpowering and doesn't linger like the old one did (for me at least). It has really wonderful staying power on my skin. I also think it looks great in photos. I have normal to dry skin and it is mositurizing enough on my skin. Also, it's so lightweight and comfortable. The finish is satin/glowy on me. It doesn't give a "flawless" finish, but that was never really the point of F&B...also, I feel kind of uncomfortable when my skin looks plastic lol. It looks great on some people but not on me. Here is a photo from today to give another example in different lighting and with a face of makeup on View attachment 55168

thanks for the info! I'm gonna try and wait for Sephora to get it. I'm like $35 from renewing rouge and I can't find anything to buy right now.

lyseD

Can anyone tell me about returns to Sephora in Canada?

I bought the Sunday Riley oil in April but didn't start using it until June and it is irritating my skin. Any chance they will let me return it?

Thanks for the help.

laurennnxox

Placed an order for the new KVD concealer on a whim. I got the lightest skin-tone shade. She also has a pure white one. If I like the formula, I'll probably pick it up as well. It would be easier to highlight than how I currently am, which is a little tedious: born this way concealer and Manic Panic's Dream tone mixed into a blob on concealer on the back of my hand and getting a brush to apply it, then blending with a BB.

Anyway, Sephora is 8% cash back, letting you get 5 instead of 3 free samples, and has new 100pt perks that seemed interesting. So this is what I got:

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 1.18.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 1.18.23 PM.png

PS, I got the 100pt perk and free sample of the living proof because, I LOVE it. and always nab it when I can. The foils and point perk sizes are perfect for travel.

DILLIGAF

13534499_1061165340635656_1849476515_n.jpg

13561821_242552909462415_741094418_n.jpg

Limited Edition BECCA X Jaclyn Hill Champagne Splits (Shimmering Skin Perfector and Mineral Blush Duos)

From left to right:
1. Champagne Pop / Hyacinth (both of these shades are in their permanent line)
2. Champagne Pop / Flowerchild (both of these shades are in their permanent line)
3. Prosecco / Amaretto (both of these shades are only in the Face Palette)
4. Prosecco / Pamplemousse (both of these shades are only in the Face Palette)

The Angled Highlighting Brush is limited edition as well.

13573544_245967679120663_1934278830_n.jpg

BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Slimlights (Permanent) - highlighter pens
I think I'm good! The Persecco Pop blush combos may get me to change my mind but I'm waiting until it hits the stores to be sure.

beatlegirl

Placed an order for the new KVD concealer on a whim. I got the lightest skin-tone shade. She also has a pure white one. If I like the formula, I'll probably pick it up as well. It would be easier to highlight than how I currently am, which is a little tedious: born this way concealer and Manic Panic's Dream tone mixed into a blob on concealer on the back of my hand and getting a brush to apply it, then blending with a BB.

Anyway, Sephora is 8% cash back, letting you get 5 instead of 3 free samples, and has new 100pt perks that seemed interesting. So this is what I got:

View attachment 55207
View attachment 55208

PS, I got the 100pt perk and free sample of the living proof because, I LOVE it. and always nab it when I can. The foils and point perk sizes are perfect for travel.

Oh I'm curious about the KVD concealer and her new palette, Serpentina. Looks so gorgeous! I love LP also, but I first had tried the perfect hair formula and didn't like it. Then later I tried the no frizz and what a difference that made in my hair! I love that stuff, so I stock up anytime they have freebies with that!

Latest posts