All Things Sephora

GreenEyedAllie

I know right!! I'm sure it might return. It was too popular. I would probably grab 2 and not even blink. I love most of his brushes that I own!

Have you ever tried the Koh Gen Do spa water? I find it's as effective as Bioderma but the ingredients in it just do magic for my skin somehow. None of these makeup removers ever quite do the job for me though. I always have to triple cleanse. That said, Stila's makeup remover wipes are the best I've tried. Those plus the Koh Gen Do spa water are my faves.

No, I haven't! Thanks for the rec! I do a multi-cleanse as well, usually.

Got an Air Brush, and so far really like it. I'm keeping an eye on mine because it shed out of the box. Only a couple hairs, so hopefully a fluke.

DILLIGAF

I know right!! I'm sure it might return. It was too popular. I would probably grab 2 and not even blink. I love most of his brushes that I own!

Have you ever tried the Koh Gen Do spa water? I find it's as effective as Bioderma but the ingredients in it just do magic for my skin somehow. None of these makeup removers ever quite do the job for me though. I always have to triple cleanse. That said, Stila's makeup remover wipes are the best I've tried. Those plus the Koh Gen Do spa water are my faves.
I used to swear by the Koh Gen Do spa water. I'm a fan of micellar waters in general. I've tried Embroylisse, Ko Gen Do, Bioderma and Garnier. I started with the Embroylisse because at the time Bioderma just wasn't an option here in the states. The Embroylisse was $30 for 8 oz and worked amazingly. By the time that bottle ran out Koh Gen Do was available at Sephora. So I bought that because of the price point and the availability. I bought the smaller $13 bottle and with the Sheiseido cotton pads I was in makeup removal heaven. Hautelook had a 3 pack of the Koh Gen Do for a great price so I bought that. Then Beautylish brought Bioderma to the US masses. I ordered during that first go around and I grabbed the large bottle with the smaller mini travel friendly bottle. I still have that one and I recently bought the Garnier one.
I don't think I have sensitive eyes but the reason I love micellar waters is they don't sting. Also I don't usually use waterproof makeup so there is that to consider. The only one I haven't tried is the one from Simple. As for wipes I've been using the Equate ones from Walmart but once the pack I'm currently working with finishes I will not be repurchasing. They are very gentle with a textured side for the extra stubborn stuff, however the last few packs I've purchased just aren't wet enough. I store my wipes in a small tub. I don't completely remove the sticker to keep them moist and keep them upside down so that the top wipe is always moist. Lately even with all of that and the wipes just aren't wet enough.
I said all of that to say...I like wet wipes ( not the brand Wet Wipes) and micellar waters for makeup removal.

boschicka

I used to swear by the Koh Gen Do spa water. I'm a fan of micellar waters in general. I've tried Embroylisse, Ko Gen Do, Bioderma and Garnier. I started with the Embroylisse because at the time Bioderma just wasn't an option here in the states. The Embroylisse was $30 for 8 oz and worked amazingly. By the time that bottle ran out Koh Gen Do was available at Sephora. So I bought that because of the price point and the availability. I bought the smaller $13 bottle and with the Sheiseido cotton pads I was in makeup removal heaven. Hautelook had a 3 pack of the Koh Gen Do for a great price so I bought that. Then Beautylish brought Bioderma to the US masses. I ordered during that first go around and I grabbed the large bottle with the smaller mini travel friendly bottle. I still have that one and I recently bought the Garnier one.
I don't think I have sensitive eyes but the reason I love micellar waters is they don't sting. Also I don't usually use waterproof makeup so there is that to consider. The only one I haven't tried is the one from Simple. As for wipes I've been using the Equate ones from Walmart but once the pack I'm currently working with finishes I will not be repurchasing. They are very gentle with a textured side for the extra stubborn stuff, however the last few packs I've purchased just aren't wet enough. I store my wipes in a small tub. I don't completely remove the sticker to keep them moist and keep them upside down so that the top wipe is always moist. Lately even with all of that and the wipes just aren't wet enough.
I said all of that to say...I like wet wipes ( not the brand Wet Wipes) and micellar waters for makeup removal.

That's awesome.

I felt like I was taking crazy pills when I tried various micellar waters. They did NOTHING for me.....less than if I had just used plain old water, lol! But most people swear by them.

shontay07108

that is amazing cream but not for dry skin. great for combo. it doesn't provide enough hydration for the normal/dry skin. it is very lightweight almost feels like water on skin. i used it for many years but my skin was then combination

mask is good, nothing wow about it. if you have ulta close by that has clinique boutique they have jars for samples

*sigh* I'm running out of options here. I'm not near an Ulta, but I know I can get a sample from Sephora. Maybe I'll look into the Shiseido stuff since I like the eye cream well enough or Peter Thomas Roth because I like the scrub. Oh and I keep seeing great reviews for Lancôme skincare.

I love both versions of the Clinique. Personally I find the them both a tiny bit sticky and prefer nighttime use...do you use facial oil? Sonia Kashuk has a beautiful one with no weird added ingredients, just a blend of oils. I don't find it too greasy either and I have combination skin.

I cannot stand stickiness! That's why I've ruled out the First Aid moisturizer. I love my Embryolisse, but I feel like maybe I need something more. Perhaps I should just stick to that and focus on cleansers and eye treatments. I'm afraid of oils. Like, whether it's on my body or in my hair it makes me itch like crazy and so I am twitchy about trying any kind of oil on my face.

I got my order of the MUFE lipsticks. One is a dud because that intense coral is anything but. It's a peachy coral which never works out for me. It actually foes on deeper than it looks, but it's still not for me. The matte poppy red, though? Gorgeous. Love the matte formula and I hope they expand the shade range. I want to buy more.

Shars

I haven't tried the Embryolisse one as yet or the Garnier one. I must say though I prefer the Bioderma Sebium (blue bottle, green cap) to the Sensibio (pink cap). It smells wayyy better and works better for my skin some how. I also prefer the delivery system of the Bioderma with the pump. I don't know why on earth that version is limited edition.

I have long days generally so my foundation, eyeliner etc is all long wear. That ish needs special removal tools a la MAC makeup wipes of the Stila ones. They've got oil in them so they stay moist down to the last wipe and don't irritate my eyes unlike many, many other wipes. I tend to go easy around the eye area with them in any event. I use the wipes first, then go in with the Bioderma or Koh Gen Do. Follow up with basic cleanser and then my Mario Badescu glycolic toner. Anything less and I feel like my skin is still dirty lol!

That's awesome.

I felt like I was taking crazy pills when I tried various micellar waters. They did NOTHING for me.....less than if I had just used plain old water, lol! But most people swear by them.

I couldn't understand how people were swearing that they used just those and nothing else. I was like helll no... your skin can't be clean. Talking about how they could use those and go to bed. Not this skin! lol.

Monsy

*sigh* I'm running out of options here. I'm not near an Ulta, but I know I can get a sample from Sephora. Maybe I'll look into the Shiseido stuff since I like the eye cream well enough or Peter Thomas Roth because I like the scrub. Oh and I keep seeing great reviews for Lancôme skincare.

maybe lancome is not for you since you are so senstive. i love their skincare but i do not mind heavy fragrance in it

you can try clarins hydraquench they have both cream and a gel version. I adore clarins multi active range too. another suggestion - clarins hydraquench bi phase serum - super lightweight like water but gives amazing boost of hydration

shontay07108

maybe lancome is not for you since you are so senstive. i love their skincare but i do not mind heavy fragrance in it

you can try clarins hydraquench they have both cream and a gel version. I adore clarins multi active range too. another suggestion - clarins hydraquench bi phase serum - super lightweight like water but gives amazing boost of hydration

Thanks for the recommendations

DILLIGAF

I haven't tried the Embryolisse one as yet or the Garnier one. I must say though I prefer the Bioderma Sebium (blue bottle, green cap) to the Sensibio (pink cap). It smells wayyy better and works better for my skin some how. I also prefer the delivery system of the Bioderma with the pump. I don't know why on earth that version is limited edition.

I have long days generally so my foundation, eyeliner etc is all long wear. That ish needs special removal tools a la MAC makeup wipes of the Stila ones. They've got oil in them so they stay moist down to the last wipe and don't irritate my eyes unlike many, many other wipes. I tend to go easy around the eye area with them in any event. I use the wipes first, then go in with the Bioderma or Koh Gen Do. Follow up with basic cleanser and then my Mario Badescu glycolic toner. Anything less and I feel like my skin is still dirty lol!

I couldn't understand how people were swearing that they used just those and nothing else. I was like helll no... your skin can't be clean. Talking about how they could use those and go to bed. Not this skin! lol.
I only use it for makeup removal I still wash my face afterward. I just couldn't moisturize if I didn't. To me I would be rubbing all that stuff that is on a wipe deeper into my pores as I rub the lotion in.

Shontay thanks for reminding me that I have that PTR scrub. I bought it when I moved here around a year ago and haven't used it yet. I'll add it to my routine this week and see if I like it.

boschicka

Got the Marc Jacobs Air Blush in Night Fever & Hot Stuff and I looooove it!!! I always buy dark blush b/c I like the flushed, natural color it gives, but it's so hard to work with usually and is easy to clown up. But this blush gives that naturally flushed look without the hassle! It's such a soft, diffused look too, but buildable. Exactly what I've been looking for.
Now, to buy all the rest of the colors or to buy all the rest of the colors? :devil:

Shars

Got the Marc Jacobs Air Blush in Night Fever & Hot Stuff and I looooove it!!! I always buy dark blush b/c I like the flushed, natural color it gives, but it's so hard to work with usually and is easy to clown up. But this blush gives that naturally flushed look without the hassle! It's such a soft, diffused look too, but buildable. Exactly what I've been looking for.
Now, to buy all the rest of the colors or to buy all the rest of the colors? :devil:

LMAO!! Only the best (ALLLL OF THE BEST) for our Boschicka!! I've been really impressed with the shade range.... Now to decide which ones to get lol.

DILLIGAF

Might I suggest buying all the rest of the colors?

shontay07108

I just ordered 3 more of the MUFE lipsticks. It's a blessing and a curse that I noticed their lip swatch chart on the product page. I think I have 4 or 5 more on my wish list and I'll be getting those soon.

boschicka

I just ordered 3 more of the MUFE lipsticks. It's a blessing and a curse that I noticed their lip swatch chart on the product page. I think I have 4 or 5 more on my wish list and I'll be getting those soon.

Thanks for mentioning that lip swatch chart! I wouldn't have ever found it.

fur4elise

Thanks for mentioning that lip swatch chart! I wouldn't have ever found it.

AaaaaHaaah! I found the chart! I'm still a VIB so will have to wait on these, but already have 7 on my wish list...lol!

Latest posts