All Things Sephora

lipstickaddict

Eeeeeeeeee! I just got the Jaclyn Hill palette! Total coincidence I saw temptalia's post on fb that it was up. Guess we are slower here in Canada. I'm sooooooo excited!

lipstickaddict

lol, I am actually SO upset about missing this face palette the first time around. I hadn't been on social media because I was spending the day with the BF, and so I had no idea. It went live while I was washing my makeup brushes. and of course it S/O so damn fast. I guess I can wait another week for it to really launch. The wait is killllinnnnnnnggggg me! I love the mineral blushes *SO* much, and I could douse myself in CP. So, I am really excited for it. I feel that $52 isn't that bad. It could be worse. and I see myself using all of the shades!

Shoot!!!! You definitely need it then! Good that there are still options to get it. The social media madness is crazy! I'm crossing my fingers for you!

elegant-one

Anybody into RMS beauty? I bought several items from J Crew when they had it. I just ordered the concealer/foundation but im not sure if I ordered the right shade. The people who reviewed it were not clear at all on the product.

Ok, this site is still not friendly to the ipad :(

AutumnMoon

I found the concealer to be thick and a little hard to blend. Also, the RMS brand seems to love coconut oil, which sits on my face in a weird way. I hope its works out better for you :)

elegant-one

I found the concealer to be thick and a little hard to blend. Also, the RMS brand seems to love coconut oil, which sits on my face in a weird way. I hope its works out better for you :)
Really:( I liked what I previously bought so I thought I would give this a try . Ugh I hope I like it . I don't want want it to feel greasy. Thanks

BrittLuvsMakeup

Yikes. The cost never entered my mind. IDK if I wanna pay that. Especially without seeing more swatches.

Here's a link to swatches on different skin tones in case you're still interested:
http://www.sephora.com/contentimages/pdf/FacePalette_ALL_Swatches.pdf

I have only seen one swatch photo for the shadows and it wasn't looking that great, so I'm going to have to wait and see as well. I hadn't heard the price yet, so thanks for that!

I too have only seen one swatch photo of the palette and I wasn't impressed either. I'm hope to see more swatches close to the release date so I can make an informed decision on whether I would like to purchase it or not.

lol, I am actually SO upset about missing this face palette the first time around. I hadn't been on social media because I was spending the day with the BF, and so I had no idea. It went live while I was washing my makeup brushes. and of course it S/O so damn fast. I guess I can wait another week for it to really launch. The wait is killllinnnnnnnggggg me! I love the mineral blushes *SO* much, and I could douse myself in CP. So, I am really excited for it. I feel that $52 isn't that bad. It could be worse. and I see myself using all of the shades!

I feel the exact same way you do. Although the palette will be released next week, I would have loved to have gotten it today so I wouldn't have had to concern myself with it next week when it officially comes out. I typically check social media throughout the day as well but I was spending time with my BF this evening and found out about it an hour after it went up for sale. Hopefully we'll both be able to snag one (two for me as my mother wants one) when it's released on the 26th. Congrats to everyone who was able to get it today!

DMcG9

Just keep in mind with any sunscreen you need to use 1/4 teaspoon on your face to get the level of protection stated on the product. :)

For sure! I didn't mean to imply that one should skimp on their sunscreen application at all :) I have a heightened sensitivity to sun now because of some medical treatments in the past few years.

shontay07108

Here's a link to swatches on different skin tones in case you're still interested:
http://www.sephora.com/contentimages/pdf/FacePalette_ALL_Swatches.pdf

I too have only seen one swatch photo of the palette and I wasn't impressed either. I'm hope to see more swatches close to the release date so I can make an informed decision on whether I would like to purchase it or not.

I feel the exact same way you do. Although the palette will be released next week, I would have loved to have gotten it today so I wouldn't have had to concern myself with it next week when it officially comes out. I typically check social media throughout the day as well but I was spending time with my BF this evening and found out about it an hour after it went up for sale. Hopefully we'll both be able to snag one (two for me as my mother wants one) when it's released on the 26th. Congrats to everyone who was able to get it today!

Thanks for the link. It's an easy pass for me now.

I see what's in my play box and I'm happy with it. I'm getting a Bite Amuse Bouche lipstick and a Tarte lip pencil. They will not be wasted. I'm also getting a Korres Wild Rose face mask that I am curious about. There's a perfume in there, too and a haircare product. The perfume is whatever, but I am annoyed about the hair product. I told them I didn't want that, but I guess it's inevitable that I'd get it anyway. It's a waste.

AutumnMoon

What shade did you try?

the palest one (00). I also tried some of the check to lip and the Luminizer. All felt oily. The un cover up was a little better once you warmed it up, but I just wasn't motivated to work with it. The powder is nice, since it adds no color and helps blot. What did you think of the other things you bought from them?

fur4elise

Ok, ladies! Bite Beauty Kale:

View attachment 54224

I'm still getting over the shock of it. What makeup should I pair with this? I'm new to vamps and greens... I suppose green is a special kind of needy

:rofl:Needy Green! ;)

Keep the eye makeup simple, flawless base as possible, maybe a little bit of light bronzer if you think the lipsticks are washing you out.
Looks great on you. I'd just put on some liner and lashes and keep it moving. The lips are the statement. I think I'm gonna pass on this, though b/c I can't pull this off.
I agree with everyone else. Simple makeup and great skin. The bravest I would get is a strong winged liner. You look great. I wonder how Kale will look on me. I think I will be getting Maple tomorrow. It reminds me of MAC's Chili.

^^^^^I agree with the ladies! I don't think I could ever pull off that color, but a bold wing would totally compliment the bold lip! Faboooo Baby!

fur4elise

You look so beautiful in it!!! :sunshine:

beautiful!!!

Beautiful!

Beautiful - it's a gorgeous color and you wear it well!!

You look SOOOOO Beautiful in that shade! What do you think of the quality?

Awwww! Y'all make me feel so pretty! :flowers:

@ elegant ~ I love it! :heart: ~ I used just a tad of balm while doing the rest of my makeup & lined my lips. It smoothed right on and felt like air. After cocktails, dinner & dessert my lips had only a small amount of wear. Hubby said I looked very pretty :eek:

elegant-one

the palest one (00). I also tried some of the check to lip and the Luminizer. All felt oily. The un cover up was a little better once you warmed it up, but I just wasn't motivated to work with it. The powder is nice, since it adds no color and helps blot. What did you think of the other things you bought from them?

From JCrew, I bought the living luminizer, lip shine in Bloom, Lip & Cheek in Demure. I really do love all three. I ordered the concealer/foundation in 11 light. I couldn't decide between 00 & 11 but went with 11 because I don't like my concealers to look too light & weird. I hope it will be the right shade.

elegant-one

Awwww! Y'all make me feel so pretty! :flowers:

@ elegant ~ I love it! :heart: ~ I used just a tad of balm while doing the rest of my makeup & lined my lips. It smoothed right on and felt like air. After cocktails, dinner & dessert my lips had only a small amount of wear. Hubby said I looked very pretty :eek:

Aww, how sweet of him! You wear red so beautifully. I'm really happy that you love it. I am eyeing another red lipstick LOL. The new Gucci red :)

elegant-one

Thanks for the link. It's an easy pass for me now.

I see what's in my play box and I'm happy with it. I'm getting a Bite Amuse Bouche lipstick and a Tarte lip pencil. They will not be wasted. I'm also getting a Korres Wild Rose face mask that I am curious about. There's a perfume in there, too and a haircare product. The perfume is whatever, but I am annoyed about the hair product. I told them I didn't want that, but I guess it's inevitable that I'd get it anyway. It's a waste.

I just tried that wild rose face mask. If you can get past the scent the first time you put it on it's actually very nice on the skin. SMOOTH & it didn't break me out.

Hey, I want to try one of the kylie lip thingys :rofl:what would be a good lighter shade for me? I wanted a mauve-ish nude but I didn't see that shade. What do you think?

elegant-one

elegant missed you where have you been? :wavey:

Hi hun!!!! Missed you too, hope you & yours are doing good. I've been busy cleaning out my basement :doh: just in case we move towards the kids...we can't stand being away from baby.

Any word on that Givenchy lippie in the pink casing?

elegant-one

Hey, there are no other samples other than the lame singles & crappy 100 pt. No 500??? Sure, they'll list something great after I've place all these little orders.....just to get several of the mini size sample of the AmorePacific cushion foundation. You guys should at least try it. I really love it a lot.

Latest posts