All Things Sephora

Monsy

Hi hun!!!! Missed you too, hope you & yours are doing good. I've been busy cleaning out my basement :doh: just in case we move towards the kids...we can't stand being away from baby.

Any word on that Givenchy lippie in the pink casing?

should be out in june in europe

Prettypackages

The scent was too strong on the amorepacific cushion, for me. But I suffer from migraines. I also thought the colors were off. I prefer their sister line Laneiges', cushion.
I got a sample of the amore from nordies last year. I'm holding onto it thinking I'll be able to use it one day. LOL #sampleaddict
I'm about to make a bunch of small orders for the Future mini samples.

Hey, there are no other samples other than the lame singles & crappy 100 pt. No 500??? Sure, they'll list something great after I've place all these little orders.....just to get several of the mini size sample of the AmorePacific cushion foundation. You guys should at least try it. I really love it a lot.

Last edited:

Prettypackages

the event looks like it was nice. The face palette reminds me of the Tom Ford's from last year's Summer Collex.
Dark skin swatches of the Becca x Jaclyn Hill new products in case anyone was looking. http://www.thestyleandbeautydoctor....-jaclyn-hill-champagne-collection/#more-89235

I'm actually quite impressed with the colour show up! I didn't know there was going to be one of the liquid shimmering skin perfectors! I may pick that up at some point. I quite like the palette with the blushes but I really do not need another Champagne Pop lol.

shontay07108

I just tried that wild rose face mask. If you can get past the scent the first time you put it on it's actually very nice on the skin. SMOOTH & it didn't break me out.

Hey, I want to try one of the kylie lip thingys :rofl:what would be a good lighter shade for me? I wanted a mauve-ish nude but I didn't see that shade. What do you think?

I read a Sephora review talking about the scent. Now I'm really curious. I just hope it doesn't break me out.

LOL! Kylie is restocking tomorrow! She doesn't actually have a mauve/nude shade. There's Posie K which I think is the most universally flattering shade, but there's nothing nude about it. It leans a little pink, but it's so gorgeous. On the other side there is Candy K which is way more nude with a hint of pink (or brown) I believe. She also has a nude shade called Exposed that won't work for me, but I'm pretty sure it's great on pale skin. I have Dolce K which is the darker of the "nude" shades and it actually isn't all that dark. My best tip is watch all the youtube videos you can. That's what I did before ordering. lol

Dark skin swatches of the Becca x Jaclyn Hill new products in case anyone was looking. http://www.thestyleandbeautydoctor....-jaclyn-hill-champagne-collection/#more-89235

I'm actually quite impressed with the colour show up! I didn't know there was going to be one of the liquid shimmering skin perfectors! I may pick that up at some point. I quite like the palette with the blushes but I really do not need another Champagne Pop lol.

Nice. It shows up better than I expected.

ETA: I had to order some Nails Inc shades because I was tired of waiting for my Sephora to get them and they got here relatively fast. I think I ordered Saturday and got them today. I got Chelsea Grove and Charlotte Villas, new shades. One is a bright fuchsia and the other a beautiful coral shade. They're so Summer.

Last edited:

AutumnMoon

From JCrew, I bought the living luminizer, lip shine in Bloom, Lip & Cheek in Demure. I really do love all three. I ordered the concealer/foundation in 11 light. I couldn't decide between 00 & 11 but went with 11 because I don't like my concealers to look too light & weird. I hope it will be the right shade.

Let me me know what you think. Sometimes I think I'm the only one who doesn't like a cult classic lol.

Sabrunka

K umm don't buy the YSL vinyl mascara. I got the aubergine and purple and right away saw that aubergine just looked black so I didn't even open it to try, I'll just return it to the store so they can sell to someone else. As for the purple, it initially looked bright enough in the tube, but on my lashes it looks black unless close up in the light, and even then it's barely purple. Plus, the actual formula SUCKS. I always use a primer with my mascaras which helps create volume and separation, but even with primer, this mascara sucked. It didn't create any volume or length and it didn't separate well. It just sucked, and I used two coats over my primer. The photo attached shows "I'm the Craze" aka the purple one, in natural daylight. Returning both! On that note though, I got them from Saks.. I know they will take the unused, unopened one, but will they accept the one I tried? I hope so, since the color wasn't as advertised.
image1 (6).JPG

Alysse011

Anybody into RMS beauty? I bought several items from J Crew when they had it. I just ordered the concealer/foundation but im not sure if I ordered the right shade. The people who reviewed it were not clear at all on the product.

Ok, this site is still not friendly to the ipad :(

I used to have the luminizer and it was nice. I lost it during a move and didn't repurchase. I also have their buriti bronzer, and I still use that (I'm wearing it today haha). I love this bronzer.

elegant-one

I used to have the luminizer and it was nice. I lost it during a move and didn't repurchase. I also have their buriti bronzer, and I still use that (I'm wearing it today haha). I love this bronzer.

I thought the bronzer looked nice too. How does the shade look on you? Thanks!

fur4elise

K umm don't buy the YSL vinyl mascara. I got the aubergine and purple and right away saw that aubergine just looked black so I didn't even open it to try, I'll just return it to the store so they can sell to someone else. As for the purple, it initially looked bright enough in the tube, but on my lashes it looks black unless close up in the light, and even then it's barely purple. Plus, the actual formula SUCKS. I always use a primer with my mascaras which helps create volume and separation, but even with primer, this mascara sucked. It didn't create any volume or length and it didn't separate well. It just sucked, and I used two coats over my primer. The photo attached shows "I'm the Craze" aka the purple one, in natural daylight. Returning both! On that note though, I got them from Saks.. I know they will take the unused, unopened one, but will they accept the one I tried? I hope so, since the color wasn't as advertised.
View attachment 54261

:( AND...Elise removes YSL Vinyl mascara from her lust/must list...I have blacker than black eyelashes so need more pigment for color to show. But more important than that is I have a triple row of lashes, so the formula has to be just right to work. Oh well...$$$ saved. I hope they take both back! For that price tag a product should perform! Fingers crossed!

GreenEyedAllie

View attachment 54261

For what it's worth, I think it looks nice on you. I totally get not wanting to mess with a temperamental formula and wanting the color to match the description. Good luck with your Saks return if it was online. I had a damaged product sent to me, and they gave me HELL to the degree I had to take it to the BBB before they would do a return and refund my money.

Sabrunka

For what it's worth, I think it looks nice on you. I totally get not wanting to mess with a temperamental formula and wanting the color to match the description. Good luck with your Saks return if it was online. I had a damaged product sent to me, and they gave me HELL to the degree I had to take it to the BBB before they would do a return and refund my money.

omg saks is the worst
that's why i never buy anything from them

Thanks! And damn... They better not give me any BS! I had a live chat earlier on their website and printed out the chat just in case saks gives me any ish... Was told that as long as no more than 25% of the product was used, that it can be returned. If they question that I used more (it was used once) then I'll pull out my tracking info, showing that it was delivered to me yesterday.

Alysse011

I thought the bronzer looked nice too. How does the shade look on you? Thanks!

I think it looks really good. It has a bit of a red undertone to it, which is good for me because it mimics the shade of an actual tan. The red tinge isn't anything crazy, but if you were to swatch it next to liquid Laguna for example you would notice. It lasts really well on me. For day to day makeup in the summer I just wear the bronzer with no blush because it's so pretty and flattering on its own. For skin tone reference I am 4.5 in Luminous Silk and O20 in Cle de Peau. Includig a pic wearing it this afternoon ... image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 91

boschicka

Hey ladies (and gents?), I need to get a perfume for a soon-to-be 20 yr old. She likes floral/sweet scents. All suggestions welcome. And of course I'm posting this here b/c I'd prefer to get it from Sephora, but not limited to that I suppose. I just love that flash shipping!

shontay07108

Hey ladies (and gents?), I need to get a perfume for a soon-to-be 20 yr old. She likes floral/sweet scents. All suggestions welcome. And of course I'm posting this here b/c I'd prefer to get it from Sephora, but not limited to that I suppose. I just love that flash shipping!

Flowerbomb :D

Latest posts