All Things Sephora

MaryJane

On another note, I was able to pick up the UDxGwen Blush Palette at a SiJCP today! I'm pretty friendly with the SAs there, and they had it in the back, along with the lipsticks/liners and let me swatch everything. I just got the blush palette for now. I'm sooo excited! It's very nice for fair ladies. The "bronzer" shade is the only one I'm not sure about. It swatches a little orange which is surprising that Gwen would "pick" a shade like that as she is fair too, and orange bronzers typically aren't too flattering. But loving 5/6 isn't bad!

I ordered the blush palette from UD. Don't be afraid of the bronzer. I'm pale and it works for me. I use a big powder brush. On my face, it's not orange at all. I don't recall the name of the rose colored blush but use a light hand, it is very pigmented.

Since you mentioned Gwen stuff. I ordered several lipsticks and tried a few. Ex-Girlfriend is a sheer nude. Nothing special. Plaid is also labeled as sheer but it's not. It's very pigmented, it's a beautiful color. Firebird is going back. It's pretty but too blue based for me. The only one I haven't tried is Wonderland...it looked very pretty swatched so I have high hopes.

Icecaramellatte

In other news, I got a response from Sephora when I inquired about why I wasn't offered the opportunity to purchase something else with the gift card after they cancelled my order. They said they just put in a credit on my account. I still need to check it but I still think they should have done that automatically and not made make the inquiry. But oh well, what should I get. I have a gift card but it seems like they don't have anything I want. If they do carry a brand that I want something from, they don't seem to have anything from new collections up yet.

shontay07108

I got the makeup eraser today and it's really good! It took off all of my makeup without any problems. Glad I took a chance on it, but it sucks that I just bought a bulk set of mac wipes. :(

Shars

Hey peeps, any really good codes??? Everything stinks or is boring that I've seen so far.:marchmellow:

A deluxe sample of the Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder for exfoliating? (POLISHED)
VIBFACIAL: Choice of one of several skin care deluxe samples
FRESHROSES: Deluxe Sample Fresh Rose Hydrating Gel Cream
LUXESKIN: Dior Capture Total Dreamskin

Not sure if these are all still in stock but worth a try.

ETA: The code MERRYMINI still works and has loads of samples also.

Last edited:

Prettypackages

In other news, I got a response from Sephora when I inquired about why I wasn't offered the opportunity to purchase something else with the gift card after they cancelled my order. They said they just put in a credit on my account. I still need to check it but I still think they should have done that automatically and not made make the inquiry. But oh well, what should I get. I have a gift card but it seems like they don't have anything I want. If they do carry a brand that I want something from, they don't seem to have anything from new collections up yet.
I'm glad they worked it out for you. What to get? no idea. LOL

I got the makeup eraser today and it's really good! It took off all of my makeup without any problems. Glad I took a chance on it, but it sucks that I just bought a bulk set of mac wipes. :(
I've been looking at that. How did y ou like the MUFE concealers?

shontay07108

I'm glad they worked it out for you. What to get? no idea. LOL

I've been looking at that. How did y ou like the MUFE concealers?

I had to return it. It covered the darkness under my eyes, but it was too dry. As the day went on it would settle into my wrinkles and make me look like the crypt keeper. I'm back to my full cover concealer.

Ingenue

I had to return it. It covered the darkness under my eyes, but it was too dry. As the day went on it would settle into my wrinkles and make me look like the crypt keeper. I'm back to my full cover concealer.

Aww dang. My oily skin LOVES it. And I use such a little bit that it's worth every penny.

Ingenue

:D

Do you use the brightener shade or the actual concealer shade? I tried the brightener, but I swatched the concealer yesterday and I was tempted to give it a shot.

I have the concealer shade...? It's y41. That thing is excellent. You use SO little to get it done. I use a crap ton of eye cream anyways (age and what not), so I wonder if any dryness is counteracted by the amount of cream I slap around that area.

shontay07108

I have the concealer shade...? It's y41. That thing is excellent. You use SO little to get it done. I use a crap ton of eye cream anyways (age and what not), so I wonder if any dryness is counteracted by the amount of cream I slap around that area.

oh,ok. I had the brightened shade. Maybe I'll give the concealer a try. Can you recommend a good eye cream? I look at these expensive Sephora ones but I'm not sure what will produce results. Don't have much confidence in the reviews section lately.

Monsy

are you dry around eyes shontay>? you can try lancome genefique, or clinique all about eyes (or rich version if you are really dry)

Ingenue

oh,ok. I had the brightened shade. Maybe I'll give the concealer a try. Can you recommend a good eye cream? I look at these expensive Sephora ones but I'm not sure what will produce results. Don't have much confidence in the reviews section lately.

I make my own, but in stores Dr. Goldfaden Energetic Eye Cream is the BUSINESS. It's expensive, but you use the teeniest amount and you'll see results the next morning. At least I did. Before that I used Sisley Eye Cream and it doesn't hold a candle to Dr. Goldfaden.

shontay07108

are you dry around eyes shontay>? you can try lancome genefique, or clinique all about eyes (or rich version if you are really dry)

I'm definitely dry.

I make my own, but in stores Dr. Goldfaden Energetic Eye Cream is the BUSINESS. It's expensive, but you use the teeniest amount and you'll see results the next morning. At least I did. Before that I used Sisley Eye Cream and it doesn't hold a candle to Dr. Goldfaden.

Thanks for the recs, ladies.

Icecaramellatte

Good to know.

fur4elise

I asked this over on the NARS Spring 2016 thread but since I am considering purchasing this from Sephora today.
The NARS Narsissist Cheek Palette? Yay or Nay?
:hmm: I have a couple single NARS blushes but took one look at this and it was instant lust.:yumyum:
Plus looks portable /great for travel. I'm leaving tomorrow for Bossman's business trip/cruise. :sail:Wanna up my beauty game as the put together owner's wife.:twirl:

Latest posts