All Things Sephora

Sabrunka

For those of you interested in Flesh & Fantasy, here is my Imgur link to the album of photos! There's 5 photos which is why I don't want to add them all here lol. I did a heavier application on my face so that you could see the color better! I love it!

https://imgur.com/a/EQog8#wTtCoVI

Rinstar

Interesting, I had issues with mine! Here is a mini review I did and posted in other places:

As always, the mattes aren't that great, especially the red one. Surprisingly the purple was quite good when compared to other purples, but still not amazing.

The BEST shades in the palette are definitely medusa, ankh, queen and prophet. I find that they went on the nicest (well, medusa was the overall winner when compared to all of them). They looked decent with a brush and also super great with a finger! If you want the glitter from ankh to show more, then apply with your finger.

The worst were bloodmilk, nile and scarab. Nile and scarab were just dreadful and SO CHUNKY. I mean, once you smooth out the chunk they are good but right off the bat they crumbled once I touched them in the pan, whether it be with my fingers or a brush. Oh, also hieroglyph wasn't too great either, it applied the worst with a brush. I had to glide over maybe 5 times until it looked semi presentable.

Overall, it is a nice palette, but I don't think I would've bought it. I know I can create a few nice looks, but some of the shadows are difficult to work with. I do like how sturdy the palette is though, and also how everything is laid out. It is really pretty to look at!

On left is the brush swatch and on right is the finger swatch, all done over UD primer potion.

View attachment 55260
View attachment 55261

I like your swatches better than T's, but still think I'm skipping. Thanks for the review!

shontay07108

I went to Sephora today looking for some new skincare. I got a First Aid Beauty travel set with a cleanser, moisturizer and toner pads and a Peter Thomas Roth strawberry face scrub. Hopefully my face doesn't blow up or fall off like it almost did with Glam Glow. There's some tingling going on right now, but so far so good. Oh and I was gonna wait for Sephora to get that MUFE foundation, but nah. I ordered it from the MUFE site. :D

boschicka

I went to Sephora today looking for some new skincare. I got a First Aid Beauty travel set with a cleanser, moisturizer and toner pads and a Peter Thomas Roth strawberry face scrub. Hopefully my face doesn't blow up or fall off like it almost did with Glam Glow. There's some tingling going on right now, but so far so good. Oh and I was gonna wait for Sephora to get that MUFE foundation, but nah. I ordered it from the MUFE site. :D

Fingers crossed for no reaction! Strawberry face scrub sounds interesting.

Alysse011

@greeneyedallie Thank you for the compliment! It's a nice foundation.

I did not purchase the new Water Blend today. I'm sure I will eventually...I'm still loving my Ellis Faas though :heart:

The Hourglass holiday palette has potential. I was immediately thrilled about it, but then I remembered how TINY last year's pans were. Obviously I immediately started scouring Instagram and Google for more images of the 2016 palette. I have a feeling these pans will be super small too, but hopefully I'm wrong.

I think I'll go browse those new MJ blushes now :tiptoe:

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm clearly looking at a blush bender in the near future. Marc Jacobs, the new Becca duos (Prosecco and Pamplemousse were the shades that I wanted most from the palette, now I can get them on their own!), Besame blushes (I hope Sephora gets these) and TF Velvet Bloom. I'm afraid...

boschicka

I'm clearly looking at a blush bender in the near future. Marc Jacobs, the new Becca duos (Prosecco and Pamplemousse were the shades that I wanted most from the palette, now I can get them on their own!), Besame blushes (I hope Sephora gets these) and TF Velvet Bloom. I'm afraid...

I was thinking the same thing, but now I'm looking at the pricing. $38 for the duo or $52 for the whole palette....hmmm. I might just go grab the palette after all. Wonder if the duo quality is different from the palette.

GreenEyedAllie

I was thinking the same thing, but now I'm looking at the pricing. $38 for the duo or $52 for the whole palette....hmmm. I might just go grab the palette after all. Wonder if the duo quality is different from the palette.

I kinda want the amaretto duo as a back up because I am LOVING that blush.

boschicka

It's great they have these options for that purpose. I'm just all over the place b/c of it. First I wanted the palette, then I was fine skipping, then I saw the duos & thought they were a good alternative....except with the price difference of only $14, now I'm back to the palette. :goofs:

Jayjayy

Interesting, I had issues with mine! Here is a mini review I did and posted in other places:

As always, the mattes aren't that great, especially the red one. Surprisingly the purple was quite good when compared to other purples, but still not amazing.

The BEST shades in the palette are definitely medusa, ankh, queen and prophet. I find that they went on the nicest (well, medusa was the overall winner when compared to all of them). They looked decent with a brush and also super great with a finger! If you want the glitter from ankh to show more, then apply with your finger.

The worst were bloodmilk, nile and scarab. Nile and scarab were just dreadful and SO CHUNKY. I mean, once you smooth out the chunk they are good but right off the bat they crumbled once I touched them in the pan, whether it be with my fingers or a brush. Oh, also hieroglyph wasn't too great either, it applied the worst with a brush. I had to glide over maybe 5 times until it looked semi presentable.

Overall, it is a nice palette, but I don't think I would've bought it. I know I can create a few nice looks, but some of the shadows are difficult to work with. I do like how sturdy the palette is though, and also how everything is laid out. It is really pretty to look at!

On left is the brush swatch and on right is the finger swatch, all done over UD primer potion.

View attachment 55260
View attachment 55261

Phoenomenal review!! Thank you! It's crazy how different your swatches look from those in the promo picture from KVD. Oh and thank you for the Fresh promo price breakdown...I placed an order because of it :):)

MaryJane

I agree with you about Amaretto - it might be back up worthy. I never would have guessed by looking at it in the pan just how versatile it is. I've worn it with just about everything except pink lipstick and it really looked good.

Latest posts