All Things Sephora

fur4elise

I have a love/hate relationship with wipes. I can't use the MAC wipes because they are very oily to me and I can't deal with the strong smell. Use to swear by the Ponds Original Wipes but one day, I bought a new pack and they just didn't work for me anymore. Now, I use Huggies One and Done or Simply Clean Fragrance Free Baby Wipes with a cleansing oil or micellar water. I use to just use the wipes by themselves to remove my makeup but, now they don't seem to be as moist as they use to be.

I saw something about the new UD foundation last night. UD doesn't have a foundation in my shade so I don't have high hopes for their new one. As far as summer foundation goes, when I do wear my makeup in the summer, I may have it on for 12 plus hours. I think my record is around 17 hours. My days can sometimes be really long. My t-zone is very oily so nothing is really holding up for more than two hours before I have to blot and by the 12 hour mark, the whole face starts to break down. Doesn't matter the foundation, the primer, the whatever, I guess 12 plus hours is alot to ask from my makeup and I am getting really use to blotting the t zone at least once an hour.
Makeup and beauty blog is where I read about the UD All Nighter Foundation. Excited to see if I can find a match!

As for wipes, I think I mentioned somewhere I use the Kirkland Signature Daily Facial Wipes (Costco, but I see also available on jet.com). I have had good luck with those in removing everything before I cleanse with the Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser (foaming formula). Like Dilli I flip the resealable package upside down to better distribute the moisture. I find the 30 count package stays wet from start to finish. However I am tempted, by everyone's discussion, to add micellar water to the mix by adding some to the wipes...I'll experiment first to make sure nothing upsets my skin.

I also wear full face makeup to work for equally long days (12+). For me even with mattifying primers (BECCA or Hylamide Matte Blur), I still get a tad oily and have to blot at least 3-4 times a day. However I will say, the EL Double Wear Foundation is what has been working for me. It holds up and does not break down completely. Meaning the coverage stays put even with the blotting several times during the day and addition of maybe a little setting powder. I blot more than powder.

M301 is a reddish coral and C305 is a pinky coral
View attachment 55369 \ View attachment 55370 View attachment 55371
YUP the M301 is on my lust list!

Rinstar

I use the Simple one now to remove eye makeup, and it's my favourite of those I've tried (it, Bioderma Crealine/Sensibo, Bioderma Sébum, Caudalie; Caudalie's was my fave before Simple). For the face I use Boscia's cleansing oil.

I'm just 2nd-ing the Simple Micellar rec. I love it!! I use it to remove face makeup and for me, it's more effective than wipes and cheaper too. No breakouts, but I do wash afterwards anyway.

Shars

The Bobbi Brown shimmer brick palette would have been nice 3 yrs ago.

I love the look of it! I have two shimmer bricks that I bought last year - I was late to the game - and I really love them. Depending on the shades, I may pick up the palette during the Sephora sale.

Interesting.... I think I may check these out.

ARmakeupjunkie

Makeup and beauty blog is where I read about the UD All Nighter Foundation. Excited to see if I can find a match!

As for wipes, I think I mentioned somewhere I use the Kirkland Signature Daily Facial Wipes (Costco, but I see also available on jet.com). I have had good luck with those in removing everything before I cleanse with the Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser (foaming formula). Like Dilli I flip the resealable package upside down to better distribute the moisture. I find the 30 count package stays wet from start to finish. However I am tempted, by everyone's discussion, to add micellar water to the mix by adding some to the wipes...I'll experiment first to make sure nothing upsets my skin.

I also wear full face makeup to work for equally long days (12+). For me even with mattifying primers (BECCA or Hylamide Matte Blur), I still get a tad oily and have to blot at least 3-4 times a day. However I will say, the EL Double Wear Foundation is what has been working for me. It holds up and does not break down completely. Meaning the coverage stays put even with the blotting several times during the day and addition of maybe a little setting powder. I blot more than powder.

YUP the M301 is on my lust list!

I want to try the ELDW but, I can't find a shade that matches. That foundation comes in a lot of colors but everything was either to light or too dark. And mixing didn't really help much with the samples I got. I may look at it again and try a few different combs. I have gotten to the point that I don't even powder much throughout the day if any, I just blot. It's not so bad during the cooler months. I did notice last week that my under eye concealer held up well. I don't always wear concealer but I did last week and that stuff held like glue! May need to do my whole face the way I did my under eye and see if I can get longer wear, especially in my T zone.

shontay07108

I love this Peter Thomas Roth scrub with the First Aid Beauty cleanser. My skin is so smooth and I noticed my skin clearing up on the sides of my face. Like, I had some kind of texture and a bit of darkness that I thought maybe couldn't be cleared up, but it has. I needed something strong enough to get in there and clean it up and I'm so happy about it. So I'm set on that, but I'd still like to try some eye creams and moisturizers. Plus, I want to get the PTR Pumpkin mask and see what that's about.

I got 3 more MUFE lipsticks today and love them all. I picked the right coral for me this time. Pictures don't do them justice:
M102 (pinky brown), M501 (plum violet), C306 (pink coral)

View attachment 55409

View attachment 55410

boschicka

I love this Peter Thomas Roth scrub with the First Aid Beauty cleanser. My skin is so smooth and I noticed my skin clearing up on the sides of my face. Like, I had some kind of texture and a bit of darkness that I thought maybe couldn't be cleared up, but it has. I needed something strong enough to get in there and clean it up and I'm so happy about it. So I'm set on that, but I'd still like to try some eye creams and moisturizers. Plus, I want to get the PTR Pumpkin mask and see what that's about.

I got 3 more MUFE lipsticks today and love them all. I picked the right coral for me this time. Pictures don't do them justice:

View attachment 55409

View attachment 55410

Nice swatches! Someone on here previously mentioned they were going to school to be.....someone who would know about these things (Sorry! I'm the worst!)....and they mentioned that NARS skincare is actually good quality. Have you ever tried anything from their skincare line?

shontay07108

Nice swatches! Someone on here previously mentioned they were going to school to be.....someone who would know about these things (Sorry! I'm the worst!)....and they mentioned that NARS skincare is actually good quality. Have you ever tried anything from their skincare line?

Nope! I forgot they had a skincare line. It never came up in all of my Sephora searches when I choose my skin type. I'll take a look, though. Thanks!

Rinstar

View attachment 55409

View attachment 55410

Which PTR scrub? I have some darkness I'd love to go away

elegant-one

Someone else posted awhile back that they tried the Nars skincare & said it was great & completely overlooked by everyone. Interesting.

Monsy

no surprise there. nars is now owned by shiseido . when shiseido bought them they completely revamped their skincare line

Latest posts