All Things Sephora

awickedshape

For me, it works fine as a primer, but when deciding to get it, I did read a lot of reviews about it breaking up. That's why I started with a sample. And also on me, it does show up under foundation, but it doesn't look nearly as lovely as on its own. I find that it adds dimension to very matte/satin foundations and is not as noticeable for more luminous foundations.

I'm glad you got to try a sample first

I

importlovexo

I've gotten 3 Play boxes and to be honest, I haven't been thrilled with any of them. So far it's all been stuff that existed as a point perk or deluxe sample with code...nothing brand new. And the face products I've received (bronzer, etc) are for lighter skin tones. Even the Bite Beauty Amuse Bouce lipstick was a very bright, almost neon pink instead of a universally appealing shade. It's alright for $10 but if you shop at Sephora a lot, it might be a letdown.

Wow! I usually get 5 free samples from ordering online at Sephora. Guess they are just competing with the beauty box trend. I'm so glad I asked! Thank you.
Have you tried any other beauty box? I got my first beauty box from Ipsy and I'm pretty Impressed so far.

shontay07108

That's a bummer. I wouldn't think it would just not show up under foundation

For me it definitely did show up under my foundation. I actually really liked it. It wasn't the best primer I've used, but I didn't have anything bad to say about it other than I had to return it because it caused slight irritation.

Jayjayy

Wow! I usually get 5 free samples from ordering online at Sephora. Guess they are just competing with the beauty box trend. I'm so glad I asked! Thank you.
Have you tried any other beauty box? I got my first beauty box from Ipsy and I'm pretty Impressed so far.

I hope you get off the Play wait list soon! That's sooo annoying. I had Boxycharm but only kept it a few months. I'm not huge on subscription services...though they are tempting! I watched a few Ipsy umboxings from this month and the bag looked pretty cool.

Yazmin

I hope you get off the Play wait list soon! That's sooo annoying. I had Boxycharm but only kept it a few months. I'm not huge on subscription services...though they are tempting! I watched a few Ipsy umboxings from this month and the bag looked pretty cool.

I think I end up liking the Ipsy bags more than the products that come in them. However, it's not enough for me to keep the subscription so I canceled it.

Got my first Play box (Minimalist), and will give it through the summer before deciding whether to keep that subscription.

awickedshape

For me it definitely did show up under my foundation. I actually really liked it. It wasn't the best primer I've used, but I didn't have anything bad to say about it other than I had to return it because it caused slight irritation.

Oh, that sucks.

There are way too many products that make me break out.

DILLIGAF

It's been a very spendy month for me. I made a few trips to Sephora and there was the Makeup Show Popup. I'll list everything I bought later but, I think I bought one of best products yesterday though. I got my hands on the Cover FX highlighter drops in Celestial. Holy Mother of shine I can't wait to get this all over my face!!!!!

shontay07108

It's been a very spendy month for me. I made a few trips to Sephora and there was the Makeup Show Popup. I'll list everything I bought later but, I think I bought one of best products yesterday though. I got my hands on the Cover FX highlighter drops in Celestial. Holy Mother of shine I can't wait to get this all over my face!!!!!

Let me know how you like it! I thought it would be too much for my complexion, but maybe not when it's actually applied. I got Candlelight, but I'm thinking about Sunlight, too.

DILLIGAF

Let me know how you like it! I thought it would be too much for my complexion, but maybe not when it's actually applied. I got Candlelight, but I'm thinking about Sunlight, too.
Apparently I was too excited about my purchase. I just checked the box and I have Candlelight.

khhmakeup

Did anyone else grab the Too Faced Born This Way concealer when they did that limited one day early release? I grabbed it in light, beautiful match but holy does it separate after only a couple of hours of wear! I wanted to love it but I think it's a big flop for me.

laurennnxox

Did anyone else grab the Too Faced Born This Way concealer when they did that limited one day early release? I grabbed it in light, beautiful match but holy does it separate after only a couple of hours of wear! I wanted to love it but I think it's a big flop for me.

Hmm, interesting. I got it in very fair, and while it's not light enough to highlight my face-- it's a super close match for concealing spots, blemishes, and under eyes. I like it a lot! I've been gravitating to it more than my other ones for now.

DILLIGAF

I was supposed to just return the Sephora solid brush cleaner because I bought a larger one from the London Brush Company. I exchanged it instead for the Sephora Featherweight brush #91 brush and the Lancome Glow Subtil in Gold Lights. The Lancome Glow Subtil is similar to the Mac Electric Cool in texture. It feels some what spongy when you touch it but it has a more powder feel on the skin. I would liken the finish to that of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors. The shine on these is INTENSE. I would have grabbed Amber Lights but it is an exact dupe of Becca's SSP in Topaz on my skintone.

shontay07108

I was supposed to just return the Sephora solid brush cleaner because I bought a larger one from the London Brush Company. I exchanged it instead for the Sephora Featherweight brush #91 brush and the Lancome Glow Subtil in Gold Lights. The Lancome Glow Subtil is similar to the Mac Electric Cool in texture. It feels some what spongy when you touch it but it has a more powder feel on the skin. I would liken the finish to that of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors. The shine on these is INTENSE. I would have grabbed Amber Lights but it is an exact dupe of Becca's SSP in Topaz on my skintone.

I swatched those Lancome highlighters a couple of weeks ago. I want to get the rose gold shade. It's crazy b/c I have the last Anastasia palette, the Cover FX drops and I want another shade in that, but the Lancome highlighters look so nice. It never ends.

Jayjayy

People are saying they're similar to Colourpop, but when I swatched a few they felt smoother. What do you think? Good to know about Amber Lights, as I already own Topaz liquid & poured.

Icecaramellatte

Oh man! I went to Sephora and saw these and meant to swatch them but I was hunting for the Becca palette and forgot to go back and swatch it. I did swatch the Fx highlighter drops though. Will go back and check these out.

DILLIGAF

I swatched those Lancome highlighters a couple of weeks ago. I want to get the rose gold shade. It's crazy b/c I have the last Anastasia palette, the Cover FX drops and I want another shade in that, but the Lancome highlighters look so nice. It never ends.
You have too many highlighters... said no ever!!!! I didn't even notice a rose gold one. I may have to go back.

People are saying they're similar to Colourpop, but when I swatched a few they felt smoother. What do you think? Good to know about Amber Lights, as I already own Topaz liquid & poured.
They do have that spongy colourpop feel but like you mentioned smoother.

Oh man! I went to Sephora and saw these and meant to swatch them but I was hunting for the Becca palette and forgot to go back and swatch it. I did swatch the Fx highlighter drops though. Will go back and check these out.
You should! They feel very nice on the skin. I'm speaking from a swatch perspective. I will have a 100% idea of how they work in a look by the end of the weekend.

BrittLuvsMakeup

13534499_1061165340635656_1849476515_n.jpg

13561821_242552909462415_741094418_n.jpg

Limited Edition BECCA X Jaclyn Hill Champagne Splits (Shimmering Skin Perfector and Mineral Blush Duos)

From left to right:
1. Champagne Pop / Hyacinth (both of these shades are in their permanent line)
2. Champagne Pop / Flowerchild (both of these shades are in their permanent line)
3. Prosecco / Amaretto (both of these shades are only in the Face Palette)
4. Prosecco / Pamplemousse (both of these shades are only in the Face Palette)

The Angled Highlighting Brush is limited edition as well.

13573544_245967679120663_1934278830_n.jpg

BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Slimlights (Permanent) - highlighter pens

fur4elise

You have too many highlighters... said no ever!!!!
O1Eva1o.gif

13561821_242552909462415_741094418_n.jpg

Limited Edition BECCA X Jaclyn Hill Champagne Splits (Shimmering Skin Perfector and Mineral Blush Duos)
From left to right:
1. Champagne Pop / Hyacinth (both of these shades are in their permanent line)
2. Champagne Pop / Flowerchild (both of these shades are in their permanent line)
3. Prosecco / Amaretto (both of these shades are only in the Face Palette)
4. Prosecco / Pamplemousse (both of these shades are only in the Face Palette)
The Angled Highlighting Brush is limited edition as well.

So much for Prosecco not being released elsewhere! Gosh Dangit! Enough with JH already! I'd buy one of the duos! I don't need her name all over it...grumble grumble...

Latest posts