All Things Sephora

JerseyGirl

:type::rofl: Yep!

Hey, I got my TF Soleil Palette today & it goes yellow/orangish on me :snooty: :doh: noooooo! If I add the coral blush over it, it goes even more orange. I love the blush by itself though. I got the Les Mepris lipstick & its so beautiful on.

I really really LOVE the YSL bronzer that MONSY talked me into LOL!

The Marc Jacobs highlighter looks like a deodorant stick :rotfl::heart:

Yaaaaassssss! They look like deodorant in the pics!!

Missyrocks

Marc Jacobs Spotlight Glowstick - a very pretty pearly slight ivory shade with very tiny shimmers. It's nice, probably not unique but I do like the almost cream to powder feel on the skin.

View attachment 53356
View attachment 53357
View attachment 53358
View attachment 53359
View attachment 53360
View attachment 53361

@elegantone Thanks. Great swatches. I think it is quite lovely. I, too, always think the next highlighter is going to be the best ever and end up saying, meh. About the same. The last highlighter i thought was really, really great was the TF Moodlight and Anastasia. That gelee formula gets me every time. Especially with some Fix Plus. Actually, Mally has that great airbrush blush and highlighter duo. Lovely, and particularly so for those of who aren't 20 & for whom a powdery finish is no Bueno. Btw, thought the UD 1 & Done was meh. But I like full coverage for hyper pigmentation and I like dewy as I'm more dry than not.

@dilligraf I loved the MUFE HD. But it is a dewy finish. I also love that Korean brand, which I now can't think of the name, for great foundation that's dewy & good coverage. It's like cho Singh or something.

Sabrunka

I'm thinking I'll only get a few things: a marc jacobs blush, eyeshadow stick and the sephora brand concealer! I'm being good lol

elegant-one

@elegantone Thanks. Great swatches. I think it is quite lovely. I, too, always think the next highlighter is going to be the best ever and end up saying, meh. About the same. The last highlighter i thought was really, really great was the TF Moodlight and Anastasia. That gelee formula gets me every time. Especially with some Fix Plus. Actually, Mally has that great airbrush blush and highlighter duo. Lovely, and particularly so for those of who aren't 20 & for whom a powdery finish is no Bueno. Btw, thought the UD 1 & Done was meh. But I like full coverage for hyper pigmentation and I like dewy as I'm more dry than not.

You are so welcome my dear! Thanks for your info on the foundation. I guess I will pass. I love Mallys products. She has a brow wand that I totally love.
XOXO

elegant-one

Lol lol lol lol!!!
That was the best laugh I had all day. Thank you, I needed it. ������

Aww, that's good! I love that I made you laugh hun! I actually thought of using it on my armpit to show the swatches :rofl::scared: but then I would want to use it on my face lol! hugs!

fur4elise

I'm still a lowly BI at 10% off! I'm like $22 off. Lol! I only have 2 items in my cart. A Laura Mercier Face Illuminator & the Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector a few of you ladies suggested. ;) I found the new Peach Backlight Corrector to be too pigmented. On me, used sparingly, it still showed through under foundation & concealer.

shontay07108

I'm thinking foundation for this sale. Any suggestions? I was going to try the MUFE ultra HD but I'm not sold.

Ugh I love that foundation and I'm still sad they changed the ingredients because it irritates me now. I'm getting another bottle of liquid lift because I'm almost out. I don't think I'm getting anything else tbh. WTH is 15% really?

revoltofagirl

I'm almost out of concealer so I've been testing those and color correctors to see what will finally cover my extra-dark circles. I almost bought Nars creamy concealer in the fall sale but I was also buying a lot of expensive skincare and I didn't need concealer yet so I waited.... but now I'm like meh 15% isn't that great of a deal. So I might stick with my drugstore concealer and just get a corrector instead of corrector AND nars concealer. Does anyone have thoughts on the MUFE HD concealers? The swatches on Sephora make me think I need r20 but swatches I've seen on beauty blogs make r20 look REALLY light. I match Nars concealer in vanilla. Chantilly is a little too pale and yellow for me.

Other than that I'm getting makeup remover, brush cleanser, and maybe a small fun item? I'm waiting for the tarte friends and family sale to get any tarte items... and I'm trying to get any urban decay items through the direct site as well (because of their rewards program) but of course the correctors are only at sephora...

debating whether to get an anastasia eyeshadow through sephora or through ulta. I never got a 20% coupon that everyone else seems to have gotten (although I think since I'm not platinum it was only going to be 10% on prestige for me - in which case sephora is the better deal).

Last edited:

Monsy

Why don't you try tarte maracuja concealer (the one in the tube)? with that you wouldn't need color corrector too because it is heavy coverage. And a little goes a long way it is super creamy and pigmented.

GreenEyedAllie

Keep an eye on the Burberry site (if you're willing to sign for it) besides Sephora.

Thanks! I will.

I'm almost out of concealer so I've been testing those and color correctors to see what will finally cover my extra-dark circles. I almost bought Nars creamy concealer in the fall sale but I was also buying a lot of expensive skincare and I didn't need concealer yet so I waited.... but now I'm like meh 15% is that great of a deal. So I might stick with my drugstore concealer and just get a corrector instead of corrector AND nars concealer. Does anyone have thoughts on the MUFE HD concealers? The swatches on Sephora make me think I need r20 but swatches I've seen on beauty blogs make r20 look REALLY light. I match Nars concealer in vanilla. Chantilly is a little too pale and yellow for me.

Other than that I'm getting makeup remover, brush cleanser, and maybe a small fun item? I'm waiting for the tarte friends and family sale to get any tarte items... and I'm trying to get any urban decay items through the direct site as well (because of their rewards program) but of course the correctors are only at sephora... debating whether to get an anastasia eyeshadow through sephora or through ulta. I never got a 20% coupon that everyone else seems to have gotten (although I think since I'm not platinum it was only going to be 10% on prestige for me - in which case sephora is the better deal).

If you get the MUFE corrector or concealer, get 1-2 shades darker than you think you need. They run super light. Honestly, if you can, I would get testers from your Sephora. Mine have lasted FOREVER because you only need the tiniest bit.

Latest posts