All Things Sephora

AnneAntz

I used to swear by the Koh Gen Do spa water. I'm a fan of micellar waters in general. I've tried Embroylisse, Ko Gen Do, Bioderma and Garnier. I started with the Embroylisse because at the time Bioderma just wasn't an option here in the states. The Embroylisse was $30 for 8 oz and worked amazingly. By the time that bottle ran out Koh Gen Do was available at Sephora. So I bought that because of the price point and the availability. I bought the smaller $13 bottle and with the Sheiseido cotton pads I was in makeup removal heaven. Hautelook had a 3 pack of the Koh Gen Do for a great price so I bought that. Then Beautylish brought Bioderma to the US masses. I ordered during that first go around and I grabbed the large bottle with the smaller mini travel friendly bottle. I still have that one and I recently bought the Garnier one.
I don't think I have sensitive eyes but the reason I love micellar waters is they don't sting. Also I don't usually use waterproof makeup so there is that to consider. The only one I haven't tried is the one from Simple. As for wipes I've been using the Equate ones from Walmart but once the pack I'm currently working with finishes I will not be repurchasing. They are very gentle with a textured side for the extra stubborn stuff, however the last few packs I've purchased just aren't wet enough. I store my wipes in a small tub. I don't completely remove the sticker to keep them moist and keep them upside down so that the top wipe is always moist. Lately even with all of that and the wipes just aren't wet enough.
I said all of that to say...I like wet wipes ( not the brand Wet Wipes) and micellar waters for makeup removal.

Which Micellar water you like the most?

elegant-one

Got the Marc Jacobs Air Blush in Night Fever & Hot Stuff and I looooove it!!! I always buy dark blush b/c I like the flushed, natural color it gives, but it's so hard to work with usually and is easy to clown up. But this blush gives that naturally flushed look without the hassle! It's such a soft, diffused look too, but buildable. Exactly what I've been looking for.
Now, to buy all the rest of the colors or to buy all the rest of the colors? :devil:

Buy ALL the blushes! :rofl::icon_cheers: ok hun, so you just talked me into Night Fever/Hot stuff. I just ordered it.

elegant-one

I just ordered 3 more of the MUFE lipsticks. It's a blessing and a curse that I noticed their lip swatch chart on the product page. I think I have 4 or 5 more on my wish list and I'll be getting those soon.

I think I have 6 now :marchmellow:I really love the shades & textures. I just recently bought Sheer Liar & TMI :)

shellygrrl

Staff member
I used to swear by the Koh Gen Do spa water. I'm a fan of micellar waters in general. I've tried Embroylisse, Ko Gen Do, Bioderma and Garnier. I started with the Embroylisse because at the time Bioderma just wasn't an option here in the states. The Embroylisse was $30 for 8 oz and worked amazingly. By the time that bottle ran out Koh Gen Do was available at Sephora. So I bought that because of the price point and the availability. I bought the smaller $13 bottle and with the Sheiseido cotton pads I was in makeup removal heaven. Hautelook had a 3 pack of the Koh Gen Do for a great price so I bought that. Then Beautylish brought Bioderma to the US masses. I ordered during that first go around and I grabbed the large bottle with the smaller mini travel friendly bottle. I still have that one and I recently bought the Garnier one.
I don't think I have sensitive eyes but the reason I love micellar waters is they don't sting. Also I don't usually use waterproof makeup so there is that to consider. The only one I haven't tried is the one from Simple. As for wipes I've been using the Equate ones from Walmart but once the pack I'm currently working with finishes I will not be repurchasing. They are very gentle with a textured side for the extra stubborn stuff, however the last few packs I've purchased just aren't wet enough. I store my wipes in a small tub. I don't completely remove the sticker to keep them moist and keep them upside down so that the top wipe is always moist. Lately even with all of that and the wipes just aren't wet enough.
I said all of that to say...I like wet wipes ( not the brand Wet Wipes) and micellar waters for makeup removal.

I use the Simple one now to remove eye makeup, and it's my favourite of those I've tried (it, Bioderma Crealine/Sensibo, Bioderma Sébum, Caudalie; Caudalie's was my fave before Simple). For the face I use Boscia's cleansing oil.

Prettypackages

Question for everyone... but what are your favorite wipes? I've tried many generic brands and I think I like MAC

Also anyone excited about urban decays moondust palette? I also heard they're coming out with a new foundation.
I'm still waiting to try KVD new concealer, and MUFE'S new face and body....

And one last question... what's your favorite foundation powder. I have the Marc Jacobs one and it is very sheer but I like as a finishing powder. I also have a cover fx mineralized one but I am beginning to think anything mineralized produces oilies. I'm going to look at Bobbi Brown and Nars next. I tried Bobbi brown dark 3 bronzer and was impressed.

Also what foundation are you wearing in 90 plus humid weather. Everything melts off, I'm trying smashbox water foundation now.

shontay07108

None of the holiday sneak peeks are exciting me. :tear: I want to be excited for more makeup!!!

KVD had a couple of things that caught my eye. There's a liquid lipstick mini, but I need to find out the shades because I have several of them already. Plus, there's new lipstick shades apparently. I hated her one lipstick I tried awhile back, but I'm open to trying again. Otherwise, it does seem kinda dry right now.
I think I have 6 now :marchmellow:I really love the shades & textures. I just recently bought Sheer Liar & TMI :)

Sis, are you thinking about the UD lipsticks?

Question for everyone... but what are your favorite wipes? I've tried many generic brands and I think I like MAC

Also anyone excited about urban decays moondust palette? I also heard they're coming out with a new foundation.

And one last question... what's your favorite foundation powder. I have the Marc Jacobs one and it is very sheer but I like as a finishing powder. I also have a cover fx mineralized one but I am beginning to think anything mineralized produces oilies. I'm going to look at Bobbi Brown and Nars next. I tried Bobbi brown dark 3 bronzer and was impressed.

Also what foundation are you wearing in 90 plus humid weather. Everything melts off, I'm trying smashbox water foundation now.

I love the Mac wipes. I tried others, but always came back. Not trying more b/c they are the best for me.
No interest in that UD palette. Those moonstone shadows are a damn mess wet or dry. I ordered the MUFE foundation and now I wait for it to slowly make it's way to me.
My fave foundation powder is either MUFE Duo Mat or the Pro Finish.
For this weather I've been just using my MUFE full cover concealer and moisturizer, but before that I was using MUFE liquid lift. I don't have problems with MUFE melting off.

ARmakeupjunkie

I have a love/hate relationship with wipes. I can't use the MAC wipes because they are very oily to me and I can't deal with the strong smell. Use to swear by the Ponds Original Wipes but one day, I bought a new pack and they just didn't work for me anymore. Now, I use Huggies One and Done or Simply Clean Fragrance Free Baby Wipes with a cleansing oil or micellar water. I use to just use the wipes by themselves to remove my makeup but, now they don't seem to be as moist as they use to be.

I saw something about the new UD foundation last night. UD doesn't have a foundation in my shade so I don't have high hopes for their new one. As far as summer foundation goes, when I do wear my makeup in the summer, I may have it on for 12 plus hours. I think my record is around 17 hours. My days can sometimes be really long. My t zone is very oily so nothing is really holding up for more than two hours before I have to blot and by the 12 hour mark, the whole face starts to break down. Doesn't matter the foundation, the primer, the whatever, I guess 12 plus hours is alot to ask from my makeup and I am getting really use to blotting the t zone at least once an hour.

Last edited:

boschicka

Sitting at my desk covered in Moondust swatches! I usually don't want to deal with ANY products with glitter b/c it falls out on your face or stays behind on your lips, etc, but these are just so pretty, I had to do it. The green is so bright and magical.

boschicka

KVD had a couple of things that caught my eye. There's a liquid lipstick mini, but I need to find out the shades because I have several of them already. Plus, there's new lipstick shades apparently. I hated her one lipstick I tried awhile back, but I'm open to trying again. Otherwise, it does seem kinda dry right now.

The Bobbi Brown shimmer brick palette would have been nice 3 yrs ago.

elegant-one

Sis, are you thinking about the UD lipsticks?

I love the Mac wipes. I tried others, but always came back. Not trying more b/c they are the best for me.
No interest in that UD palette. Those moonstone shadows are a damn mess wet or dry. I ordered the MUFE foundation and now I wait for it to slowly make it's way to me.
My fave foundation powder is either MUFE Duo Mat or the Pro Finish.
For this weather I've been just using my MUFE full cover concealer and moisturizer, but before that I was using MUFE liquid lift. I don't have problems with MUFE melting off.

:rofl::rofl:YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGosh! I'm crazy...well, I read it fast LOL.

Alysse011

I went to the Nordstrom sale today and while I was there swatched the Bobbi Brown highlighter in Sunset Glow :jawsdown:
Be still my heart.

I didn't buy it, but my goodness it is beautiful.

shontay07108

The Bobbi Brown shimmer brick palette would have been nice 3 yrs ago.

Ha! I thought the same thing when I saw that. I forgot all about those damn shimmer bricks. I tried one long ago and hated it.
:rofl::rofl:YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGosh! I'm crazy...well, I read it fast LOL.

LOL! I thought so. MUFE hardly ever gives real names to their products. :D

UPS tells me my MUFE foundation should be here tomorrow and I am so excited. I'm bummed out that the Nordstroms sale doesn't have anything exciting in the beauty department. :(

DILLIGAF

Which Micellar water you like the most?
The Embroylisse. I used it on a cotton pad and if I were to flip the pad over and add more water it would wash the color out of the pad. I'm really looking forward to seeing if the Bioderm does the same.

I use the Simple one now to remove eye makeup, and it's my favourite of those I've tried (it, Bioderma Crealine/Sensibo, Bioderma Sébum, Caudalie; Caudalie's was my fave before Simple). For the face I use Boscia's cleansing oil.
Do you mean the Makeup Break Up Oil? That product has been in my loves for a while. Does it work any differently from MAC's cleaning oil?

Like I said it used to the Equate ones from Walmart. I'm now in the market for some new ones.
Powder Foundation...Does MAC Skinfinish Natural count?
In the summer I lean toward NARS Tinted Moisturizer. I like a light coverage. In Florida when it was really hot that's what I used and here in the A this summer I'm doing the same
I have a love/hate relationship with wipes. I can't use the MAC wipes because they are very oily to me and I can't deal with the strong smell. Use to swear by the Ponds Original Wipes but one day, I bought a new pack and they just didn't work for me anymore. Now, I use Huggies One and Done or Simply Clean Fragrance Free Baby Wipes with a cleansing oil or micellar water. I use to just use the wipes by themselves to remove my makeup but, now they don't seem to be as moist as they use to be.

I saw something about the new UD foundation last night. UD doesn't have a foundation in my shade so I don't have high hopes for their new one. As far as summer foundation goes, when I do wear my makeup in the summer, I may have it on for 12 plus hours. I think my record is around 17 hours. My days can sometimes be really long. My t zone is very oily so nothing is really holding up for more than two hours before I have to blot and by the 12 hour mark, the whole face starts to break down. Doesn't matter the foundation, the primer, the whatever, I guess 12 plus hours is alot to ask from my makeup and I am getting really use to blotting the t zone at least once an hour.

I love how wet the MAC wipes are but I thought I was the only person that could not stand that smell!

Ha! I thought the same thing when I saw that. I forgot all about those damn shimmer bricks. I tried one long ago and hated it.

LOL! I thought so. MUFE hardly ever gives real names to their products. :D

UPS tells me my MUFE foundation should be here tomorrow and I am so excited. I'm bummed out that the Nordstroms sale doesn't have anything exciting in the beauty department. :(
Swatches?:thankyou:

shellygrrl

Staff member
Do you mean the Makeup Break Up Oil? That product has been in my loves for a while. Does it work any differently from MAC's cleaning oil?

Yep, that's the one!

It's a thicker consistency than MAC's. I just need one pump of Boscia's versus two of MAC's for my face, and I think Boscia's gives me a more thorough clean.

shontay07108

The Embroylisse. I used it on a cotton pad and if I were to flip the pad over and add more water it would wash the color out of the pad. I'm really looking forward to seeing if the Bioderm does the same.

Like I said it used to the Equate ones from Walmart. I'm now in the market for some new ones.
Powder Foundation...Does MAC Skinfinish Natural count?
In the summer I lean toward NARS Tinted Moisturizer. I like a light coverage. In Florida when it was really hot that's what I used and here in the A this summer I'm doing the same

I love how wet the MAC wipes are but I thought I was the only person that could not stand that smell!

Swatches?:thankyou:

M301 is a reddish coral and C305 is a pinky coral
View attachment 55369 \ IMG_9730.jpg
IMG_9731.jpg

Latest posts