All Things Sephora

MaryJane

Interesting that Becca has the blush duos that include Prosecco Pop. I know I saw one of Jaclyn Hill's videos where she swore that Prosecco Pop was never ever going to be available outside the Champage Collection Face Palette. I don't care that it is but I think it's a bit dishonest that she said it wouldn't be available outside the pallete when I'm sure she knew Becca had these blushes in the works.

It blows my mind that she has so many followers that hang on her every word when she can't seem to get her stories straight.

laurennnxox

Interesting that Becca has the blush duos that include Prosecco Pop. I know I saw one of Jaclyn Hill's videos where she swore that Prosecco Pop was never ever going to be available outside the Champage Collection Face Palette. I don't care that it is but I think it's a bit dishonest that she said it wouldn't be available outside the pallete when I'm sure she knew Becca had these blushes in the works.

It blows my mind that she has so many followers that hang on her every word when she can't seem to get her stories straight.

Well, technically, she said it would never be available as a single. So, it wasn't really a lie. Still makes me raise my brows a little. But I'm sure if she was allowed to talk about it, she would have. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes contractually with Becca. I think this is nice for people who might not have wanted the full palette, or only liked a few of the shades. I do think they're definitely trying to cash in on JH and the Champagne Pop obsession.

fur4elise

Well, technically, she said it would never be available as a single. So, it wasn't really a lie. Still makes me raise my brows a little. But I'm sure if she was allowed to talk about it, she would have. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes contractually with Becca. I think this is nice for people who might not have wanted the full palette, or only liked a few of the shades. I do think they're definitely trying to cash in on JH and the Champagne Pop obsession.
I'm still stamping my footsie and refuse to give in! lol!

MaryJane

That may be true. I think that the implication was that if you don't buy it in the palette you'll miss your chance. At least that was my interpretion. Both Becca and JH are cashing in on this. Just my opinion.

I have the palette and am happy with it. You're right, this is a good opportunity for those who couldn't get the palette to get the individual colors. It would have been a little more customer friendly if they have announced the entire collection at once. People could have chosen between the palette or a less expensive blush duo (I'm assuming it will be less expensive). From what I've read, quite a few people bought the palette b/c they thought it was the only place to get the prosecco pop or one of the blush colors.

laurennnxox

That may be true. I think that the implication was that if you don't buy it in the palette you'll miss your chance. At least that was my interpretion. Both Becca and JH are cashing in on this. Just my opinion.

I have the palette and am happy with it. You're right, this is a good opportunity for those who couldn't get the palette to get the individual colors. It would have been a little more customer friendly if they have announced the entire collection at once. People could have chosen between the palette or a less expensive blush duo (I'm assuming it will be less expensive). From what I've read, quite a few people bought the palette b/c they thought it was the only place to get the prosecco pop or one of the blush colors.

I definitely agree with this! Even if they said that the duos would come out at a later time, they'd likely have a lot more customers who were pleased than felt like they were lied to.

Sabrunka

View attachment 55146

[/SIZE]
So much for Prosecco not being released elsewhere! Gosh Dangit! Enough with JH already! I'd buy one of the duos! I don't need her name all over it...grumble grumble...

Lol, right! I'm thinking I may grab one of these duos, probably prosecco and amaretto. I already have CP on it's own and don't want it again with a blush.

GreenEyedAllie

The thing is, yeah it has terrible optics, but I think most people did not believe her/Becca that it would not be available later. Not after how they handled Champagne Pop. They are greedy for sweet, sweet follower cash. I AM surprised at how soon, though. I would have expected holiday again, and that quick turnaround does make it worse in my book. If people are pissed enough, they're still in the 60-day return window....

Sabrunka

Has anyone tried the Dior Airflash foundation? I want to buy it but I'm not sure what color I'd be.. I'm currently about NC25 (got my summer tan going on, I'll probably get a bit darker but I don't see myself getting to NC30), and I wear a mix of UD naked skin #2 and #4 right now. I was thinking maybe Linen 201? Although I worry it may be too light?

JulieDiva

I love the products, don't care who JH is lol
THIS is it exactly. I would not have stressed over the palette had i known these were coming out.

JulieDiva

Has anyone tried the Dior Airflash foundation? I want to buy it but I'm not sure what color I'd be.. I'm currently about NC25 (got my summer tan going on, I'll probably get a bit darker but I don't see myself getting to NC30), and I wear a mix of UD naked skin #2 and #4 right now. I was thinking maybe Linen 201? Although I worry it may be too light?

I have years ago. It is amazing...I wore linen 201, without my summer tan. I AM TYPICALLY NC 15/20.....

MaryJane

The thing is, yeah it has terrible optics, but I think most people did not believe her/Becca that it would not be available later. Not after how they handled Champagne Pop. They are greedy for sweet, sweet follower cash. I AM surprised at how soon, though. I would have expected holiday again, and that quick turnaround does make it worse in my book. If people are pissed enough, they're still in the 60-day return window....

This made me laugh out loud! Nothing but greed. It's the quick turn-around that make it seem even more suspicious.

I agree w/your other post about needing Ameretto. Prosecco is a little too yellow for me but I'm sure it will work on other skin tones.

ARmakeupjunkie

Dead because I was thinking the same thing! LOL!

I think the second part of the collab is pretty and may pick up a duo...and the brush...and a slimlight or two just because! And, I can't blame either of them for trying to cash in on this because, at the very least, that's what Becca is in business for and well lets face it, so is Jaclyn.

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

This made me laugh out loud! Nothing but greed. It's the quick turn-around that make it seem even more suspicious.

I agree w/your other post about needing Ameretto. Prosecco is a little too yellow for me but I'm sure it will work on other skin tones.

Lol! :five:

Yeah, Prosecco is a bit harsh on me, too (I think we're close to the same tone?), but I think it would look amazeballs on Ms. Elise who keeps trying to resist....:angel:

And I guess this is what makes me seem/sound/be old....I get that they are in business to make money, but geez, try to be just a little subtle/classy about it?

lipstickaddict

good for you if you can. I LOVE these...and recommend to everyone

Yep. Totally agree. I'm not a Jaclyn Hill follower as such but I bought the face palette on a recommendation from a friend and am super impressed with the quality. Aside from all the hype, these are stellar products.

MaryJane

Lol! :five:

Yeah, Prosecco is a bit harsh on me, too (I think we're close to the same tone?), but I think it would look amazeballs on Ms. Elise who keeps trying to resist....:angel:

And I guess this is what makes me seem/sound/be old....I get that they are in business to make money, but geez, try to be just a little subtle/classy about it?

i think we are around the same tone - I wear Armani LS #4. Light skin, yellow undertone.

Maybe I'm a little old fashioned. I have no problem with anyone trying to make a buck but be honest about it. It's a bit hypocritical about how JH says over and over again about how much money means nothing to her, how she loves her fans, etc. That doesn't quite jive w/what's going on. People have been commenting on her Instagram about the blush duos and how Prosecco was supposed to be limited edition, exclusive to the palette. Her response made me want to roll my eyes... She said that Prosecco was 'exclusive to Summer 2016' (Say what?') and she couldn't talk about the duos because things were still being finalized. Puh-lease, I'm sure all of it was final before they started manufacturing the products. I'd rather have her not say anything than insult my intelligence with what I think is nonsense.

Monsy

if it's like other Linen shades from dior foundations i think it will be good for you

Latest posts