All Things Sephora

montREALady

Please let me know how you like the Rosewater Mist. I've been looking at it for ages.

Yup :(
I will. I'm so into facial mists it's a shame. I use MAC's Fix+ daily and I'm loving Tarte's Rainforest one. I just remembered that I bought Mario Badescu's at The Makeup Show for $5. I need to whip that baby out.

Thanks for the link! I do think half the foundation battle is the primer. I use Becca Mattifying & Olay Regenerist (day) or Smash Box Photo Finish (date nights). I truly get those wonderful t-zone oilies! I wanted to like the Amazonian Clay foundation but it's not for me. It was more medium coverage, never really set, is not long wearing, oxidation and I have had to blot like crazy all day. Recently tried NARS & MUFE too. No go for some of the same reasons. So I am on to the next. Eyeing UD and maybe KVD for samples.
My all-time holy grail foundation is Estee Lauder Double Wear. Lately I've been wearing Smashbox BB Water though. Sometimes I don't want the heavy. I like it. OMG, I went to MAC on Sunday since my sis was in town (she's Pro, lol) and tried their waterweight foundation, or whatever it's called, not one color matched me properly and they all had red tones. Even the MAC girl said she doesn't use it and that it oxidizes a lot. Meh.

montREALady

I think I'm going to hold off on getting the ABH Sun Dipped palette until it hits Sephora as well. I think I have spent enough money and MAC has too many lipsticks coming out next week that I have my eye on.

What's launching next week? OMG, I can't keep up. Chang, Vibe, then new retro mattes and huggables. Edit, found it. I'm so over the pinks from MAC. I love pink, but jeez!

Last edited:

shontay07108

I will. I'm so into facial mists it's a shame. I use MAC's Fix+ daily and I'm loving Tarte's Rainforest one. I just remembered that I bought Mario Badescu's at The Makeup Show for $5. I need to whip that baby out.

My all-time holy grail foundation is Estee Lauder Double Wear. Lately I've been wearing Smashbox BB Water though. Sometimes I don't want the heavy. I like it. OMG, I went to MAC on Sunday since my sis was in town (she's Pro, lol) and tried their waterweight foundation, or whatever it's called, not one color matched me properly and they all had red tones. Even the MAC girl said she doesn't use it and that it oxidizes a lot. Meh.

I use Fix+ every damn day. I especially love the rose one and I have 3 bottles of that. Face mists are awesome.

What's launching next week? OMG, I can't keep up. Chang, Vibe, then new retro mattes and huggables. Edit, found it. I'm so over the pinks from MAC. I love pink, but jeez!

I guess I need to head on over to the Mac section and see what's up. I'm curious.

DILLIGAF

I placed an order a week or two ago to get my mother a deluxe sample of something so I understand where you're coming from, lol. I'm glad to hear that you got what you wanted from the Champagne Collection! I believe you placed the same order as Lauren, lol.

The highlighter addict in me says yes to you too, lol!

Yes, you do. And I'm sure you'll like the other shades in the palette as well. Here are swatches on darker skin from @thefancyface on instagram:

13256561_227617260956317_410905653_n.jpg

I agree!

You better tell her, don't let her log off of here without talking her into getting that palette first, lol. And don't leave yet, we have more products to talk you into getting. I'll just leave you alone for today though since I got you to get the face palette but I can't make any promises past midnight, lol.

I'm holding off on it as well. I think it's limited edition like the other Glow Kits but those are still around so we don't have to rush and get it anytime soon.

What else do you think I need?:popc1:

laurennnxox

Hmmmm. Sounds like I need to break out my backlit primer. I got a full size in my Beautylish lucky dip bag last year but I haven't even touched

Wah! So lucky!! I did not like my lucky bag at all :( I think the *only* thing I use from what I got is the Wayne Goss eyebrow brush set, which is pretty bomb. I didn't get a ND palette either. I got like.. A lame blur pencil from nude stix that was not good. A becca 5 pan eyeshadow palette that was nice but I already owned. And some pressed pore powder that was just ok. A little powdery on me, and the powder gets a weird hard residue from my face brushe even though I clean them very very regularly.

Lol sorry for the rant I totally pushed that lucky bag to the back of my mind until just now.

fur4elise

Oooh thanks for this. I grabbed one as well.

LOL! That is my current most loved foundation! However I do feel my current shade is more neutral than warm. And I get pretty dark come summer (MAC NC 42-45 + 50 added to darken). I may be able to add a highlighting liquid and/or mix with a darker shade of DW. Always fun to look for & try something new. Yup, oxidation is for real. Maybe I'll try the Smashbox. You always look faboo in you pics! ;)

Monsy

waterweight is wonderful for normal to dry skin

Sabrunka

I made 4 separate orders from the glitch.. Lol.. I spent $20 in total for 2 eyeliners, 1 nail polish and 1 pair of tweezers and for my free deluxe samples I'll be getting:

* 4 burberry glow thingies
* 4 UD setting sprays
* 2 dr jart sunscreens
* 2 fresh lip balms

And of course I also got all the foil packets as well! I'm just hoping that none of my orders get "fixed". Two of them already shipped and the shipping confirmation shows everything, but I'm wondering if the last two will be alright.

EDIT* Lol two mins after I posted this, I got a shipping confirmation for the third order and it looks a-ok!

JulieDiva

I made 4 separate orders from the glitch.. Lol.. I spent $20 in total for 2 eyeliners, 1 nail polish and 1 pair of tweezers and for my free deluxe samples I'll be getting:

* 4 burberry glow thingies
* 4 UD setting sprays
* 2 dr jart sunscreens
* 2 fresh lip balms

And of course I also got all the foil packets as well! I'm just hoping that none of my orders get "fixed". Two of them already shipped and the shipping confirmation shows everything, but I'm wondering if the last two will be alright.

EDIT* Lol two mins after I posted this, I got a shipping confirmation for the third order and it looks a-ok!
This is awesome for you...and I see your excitment...however, on the Canadian site, I am trying to make a legit $85 purchase, AND THE hotvib HAS NO INVENTORY. GGGRRRR

fur4elise

waterweight is wonderful for normal to dry skin

^^^^^*chuckle* Monsy, I was thinking of you today because anything Lancome reminds me of you ;)

a. Lancome 20% FF sale which ends tomorrow.

b. I pulled out my Lancome Teint Idole 410
Bisque W sample to try one more time...*scratches head* Actually when I opened the sample it did not look like it had been touched...so this must be the initial testing. Lighter weight than ELDW and I like the color match! So far so good.

c. In honor of putting on the Teint Idole foundation, I also wore my Definicils mascara. Still a favorite!

And I am anything but normal to dry...more normal to oily.

Last edited:

Sabrunka

This is awesome for you...and I see your excitment...however, on the Canadian site, I am trying to make a legit $85 purchase, AND THE hotvib HAS NO INVENTORY. GGGRRRR

Wahh! I'm sorry!! The Canadian side ALWAYS sucks. I'm Canadian and only ordered online one time while I was there because it was dreadful. Mind you, that was probably about 5 years ago now, lol, but still!!

laurennnxox

All of my Becca x JH stuff comes today! Along with my JSC skin frost. I placed the Becca orders in half because I used a visa gift card on one. So tonight when UPS comes it's going to be box city! and I am going to glow until the next century at this rate. :rolleyes:
The only thing that I'm still waiting on is the Jouer item I got from their mermaid collection, which will be delivered tomorrow!

GreenEyedAllie

All of my Becca x JH stuff comes today! Along with my JSC skin frost. I placed the Becca orders in half because I used a visa gift card on one. So tonight when UPS comes it's going to be box city! and I am going to glow until the next century at this rate. :rolleyes:
The only thing that I'm still waiting on is the Jouer item I got from their mermaid collection, which will be delivered tomorrow!

Ugh. You are SO freaking lucky you happened to be on their site that night. The release was a complete cluster *#$%! They were flat out lying to customers on IG (or they're just that stupid). I still haven't received a shipping notice, and they are allegedly supposed to do so 24-48 hours after ordering. I emailed them yesterday and still have not had a response. This is looking more and more like a first and last purchase from Jouer, especially if the product is not up to par. Sorry for the rant. In a terrible mood this week.

DILLIGAF

Once again the review system at Sephora is giving me the giggles. High stars because they made an order. Low ones because they couldn't. I was browsing the reviews to see what other WOC had to say about Persecco Pop. I was wondering if Sephora took away the ability to say if a review is helpful or not? Or is that only an option if you are on a desktop?

DILLIGAF

Ugh. You are SO freaking lucky you happened to be on their site that night. The release was a complete cluster *#$%! They were flat out lying to customers on IG (or they're just that stupid). I still haven't received a shipping notice, and they are allegedly supposed to do so 24-48 hours after ordering. I emailed them yesterday and still have not had a response. This is looking more and more like a first and last purchase from Jouer, especially if the product is not up to par. Sorry for the rant. In a terrible mood this week.

I've been curious about their liquid lipsticks. I think after reading this is can go without for now. Hope your week gets better. :wavey::wavey:

Latest posts