All Things Sephora

shontay07108

Sigh. That's what I do, too. I don't wear much/any waterproof eye makeup most days. It doesn't take much off...even when I let it sit on my eye a while. Definitely get raccoon eyes AND greasiness. :p Bioderma works better for me, but I want this magic I hear of when people speak of bifacil.

I'm sorry it doesn't work for you. It's always interesting when a product works like magic for some, but not at all for others.

GreenEyedAllie

Ok, that is just crazy that it works soooo different for you! Wow, it makes no sense. So sorry hun. eh, that's weird.

I know! Boo! Anyway, have definitely missed you! Hope time with the family has been great this summer!

I'm sorry it doesn't work for you. It's always interesting when a product works like magic for some, but not at all for others.

Yeah, body chemistry is a funny business. So glad it's working so great for you, though. :)

boschicka

Sigh. That's what I do, too. I don't wear much/any waterproof eye makeup most days. It doesn't take much off...even when I let it sit on my eye a while. Definitely get raccoon eyes AND greasiness. :p Bioderma works better for me, but I want this magic I hear of when people speak of bifacil.

It's works for me to remove everything, but it's messy & greasy. Leaves me blind after with the oil film on my eyes too. Thought I was the only person on the planet who isn't a fan.
Bioderma is useless for me.
Hooray for body chemistry! :p

Monsy

you either tried a faulty one or i have no other explanation
that this is the $HIT nothing on market removes as well as bifacil and it's gentle at the same time
it's life changing truly i can't be without it

i can have waterproof eyeliner, mascara, mascara primer, 5 eyeshadows with the primer, glitter on the eyes, eyebrow pencil and removes all of that in one swipe
boom!

revoltofagirl

I'm the same! I got a deluxe sample of it in a giftbag and when I tried it I was underwhelmed! I don't get the hype. Guess it's just my skin! weird.

YarahFlower

I learned the hard way that the KVD powder isn't for baking. Settled into every line. Actually, that's just a bad method for me in general because of the state of my eyes, but that was one of the worst results I've had. It works fine otherwise, though. I need to wear it more to see if it's any better than the Ben Nye translucent powder though.

I went playing around in Sephora for skincare and I got a bunch of samples from Fresh. The skincare guru listened to my story and thought that brand was best. We'll see. I got the Lancôme Bi-facial makeup remover and holy hell. Like, I really loved my MUFE Sens'eyes, but this puts it to shame. I got the $15 bottle just to try, but when it runs out I will buy it again. It took off every stick of mascara, liner, and lash glue(!!!) without much effort or making me look like a raccoon.

I normally set my undereye with the nars crystal powder (pressed) it's been my go to for sometime now.

I was using the new KVD powder with my bareminerals serum concealer at first, the two were definitely not compatible! Yesterday I used the powder with KVD's new concealer and the two paired really well. No creasing at all! I'm still going to be testing it out with my Cle de peau stick concealer, nars Creamy radiant concealer and my mac pro long wear concealer.

And yes girl, that lancome is my FAVORITE too!!! Better than anything else I've tried on the market! Gets all of the stubborn makeup off! Hsn sells a JUMBO size of it once a year, usually around the holiday season. I stock up for the whole year lol

shontay07108

Sephora has the new mufe lipsticks as a rouge exclusive. I ordered one matte and one satin to try them. The product photos aren't all that helpful, but the descriptions are poppy orange and intense coral. I get them tomorrow because I did the one day shipping. I'm so impatient lol.

fur4elise

It's works for me to remove everything, but it's messy & greasy. Leaves me blind after with the oil film on my eyes too. Thought I was the only person on the planet who isn't a fan. Bioderma is useless for me. Hooray for body chemistry! :p
Not a fan either. Gave it a shot a few time when I got it as GWP. Great at removing stuff but I wear gas perm contact lenses. Any remover remotely oily adheres to my lenses and is royal pain in the a$$! I use the Kirkland brand daily wipes to remove makeup. I have had good luck with those both removing makeup and NOT upsetting my skin.

The Hourglass holiday palette has potential. I was immediately thrilled about it, but then I remembered how TINY last year's pans were. Obviously I immediately started scouring Instagram and Google for more images of the 2016 palette. I have a feeling these pans will be super small too, but hopefully I'm wrong...
In relation to the size of her hand (reallyree), the palette looks kind of small to me :( Though it is still tempting as I have no Hourglass and it has 5 shades.
hourglass-surreal-light-palette-ambient-lighting-holiday-2016-review-650x488.jpg

ARmakeupjunkie

I learned the hard way that the KVD powder isn't for baking. Settled into every line. Actually, that's just a bad method for me in general because of the state of my eyes, but that was one of the worst results I've had. It works fine otherwise, though. I need to wear it more to see if it's any better than the Ben Nye translucent powder though.

I went playing around in Sephora for skincare and I got a bunch of samples from Fresh. The skincare guru listened to my story and thought that brand was best. We'll see. I got the Lancôme Bi-facial makeup remover and holy hell. Like, I really loved my MUFE Sens'eyes, but this puts it to shame. I got the $15 bottle just to try, but when it runs out I will buy it again. It took off every stick of mascara, liner, and lash glue(!!!) without much effort or making me look like a raccoon.

Hey Sis...what's shakin? :rofl:sorry, I just felt like saying that LOLOL!!!

I use & love that Lancome remover too. Its really great.

I have not had luck with it, and most everyone loves it. How do you use it? In case I'm having some form of user error.

The Lancome Bi-Facil remover is by far the best I have ever tried. Discovered it years ago as part of a few gift and nothing since then has lived up to it's greatness!

GreenEyedAllie

It's works for me to remove everything, but it's messy & greasy. Leaves me blind after with the oil film on my eyes too. Thought I was the only person on the planet who isn't a fan.
Bioderma is useless for me.
Hooray for body chemistry! :p

I'm the same! I got a deluxe sample of it in a giftbag and when I tried it I was underwhelmed! I don't get the hype. Guess it's just my skin! weird.

Not a fan either. Gave it a shot a few time when I got it as GWP. Great at removing stuff but I wear gas perm contact lenses. Any remover remotely oily adheres to my lenses and is royal pain in the a$$! I use the Kirkland brand daily wipes to remove makeup. I have had good luck with those both removing makeup and NOT upsetting my skin.

In relation to the size of her hand (reallyree), the palette looks kind of small to me :( Though it is still tempting as I have no Hourglass and it has 5 shades.
View attachment 55304

Glad to see I'm not nuts. I'll definitely give it another go before tossing, though, given the emphatic responses from the other Specktra-ettes.

Monsy

hold the cotton pad pressed on your eye area for about 10 sec it will melt everything off

for those not liking the oiliness of it try clarins eye makeup remover it is as effective but no oily residue

elegant-one

I know! Boo! Anyway, have definitely missed you! Hope time with the family has been great this summer!

Yeah, body chemistry is a funny business. So glad it's working so great for you, though. :)

Yes, being with baby has been amazing & life changing! :cloud9: Thanks hun!

That is so odd how this product seems different. Eh! unbelievable.

shontay07108

Hm... Unfortunately I think the Drunk Elephant moisturizer irritates my face. I was thinking maybe the stinging/tingling was only temporary, but I am paranoid enough to put it down. I got a sample of an Estée Lauder cream that felt nice, but it's sticky. I guess my next test will be with Clinique. For some reason I have had a bias against that brand, but I'm desperate here. Lol I am going to try that hardcore moisturizer they have.

Monsy

The moisture surge extended relief. Unfortunately Sephora doesn't have the smaller size of that and the mask so I guess I'll get samples first. I haven't tried Clarins.

that is amazing cream but not for dry skin. great for combo. it doesn't provide enough hydration for the normal/dry skin. it is very lightweight almost feels like water on skin. i used it for many years but my skin was then combination

mask is good, nothing wow about it. if you have ulta close by that has clinique boutique they have jars for samples

Jayjayy

Hm... Unfortunately I think the Drunk Elephant moisturizer irritates my face. I was thinking maybe the stinging/tingling was only temporary, but I am paranoid enough to put it down. I got a sample of an Estée Lauder cream that felt nice, but it's sticky. I guess my next test will be with Clinique. For some reason I have had a bias against that brand, but I'm desperate here. Lol I am going to try that hardcore moisturizer they have.

I love both versions of the Clinique. Personally I find the them both a tiny bit sticky and prefer nighttime use...do you use facial oil? Sonia Kashuk has a beautiful one with no weird added ingredients, just a blend of oils. I don't find it too greasy either and I have combination skin.

Shars

I dont know why he would create such an amazing brush, only to make it LE...I wish I would have gotten 2 or 3...it's rumored to return again, if that's is true, don't hesitate!

I know right!! I'm sure it might return. It was too popular. I would probably grab 2 and not even blink. I love most of his brushes that I own!

Have you ever tried the Koh Gen Do spa water? I find it's as effective as Bioderma but the ingredients in it just do magic for my skin somehow. None of these makeup removers ever quite do the job for me though. I always have to triple cleanse. That said, Stila's makeup remover wipes are the best I've tried. Those plus the Koh Gen Do spa water are my faves.

Latest posts