All Things Sephora

Shars

I'm almost out of concealer so I've been testing those and color correctors to see what will finally cover my extra-dark circles. I almost bought Nars creamy concealer in the fall sale but I was also buying a lot of expensive skincare and I didn't need concealer yet so I waited.... but now I'm like meh 15% is that great of a deal. So I might stick with my drugstore concealer and just get a corrector instead of corrector AND nars concealer. Does anyone have thoughts on the MUFE HD concealers? The swatches on Sephora make me think I need r20 but swatches I've seen on beauty blogs make r20 look REALLY light. I match Nars concealer in vanilla. Chantilly is a little too pale and yellow for me.

Other than that I'm getting makeup remover, brush cleanser, and maybe a small fun item? I'm waiting for the tarte friends and family sale to get any tarte items... and I'm trying to get any urban decay items through the direct site as well (because of their rewards program) but of course the correctors are only at sephora... debating whether to get an anastasia eyeshadow through sephora or through ulta. I never got a 20% coupon that everyone else seems to have gotten (although I think since I'm not platinum it was only going to be 10% on prestige for me - in which case sephora is the better deal).

I have really dark circles as well and I've been using the NARS Radiant Creamy concealer everyday and I never have to double up with a corrector. I've recently started using Clinique's foundcealer - I got a super generous sample size of it for 100 pts and that deluxe sample contains more than my NARS full size concealer and to be honest, the formula, while thicker, does exactly the same job as my NARS! So if you could find a deluxe size of that clinique one in your shade, I'd say skip the NARS and try that.

fur4elise

Why don't you try tarte maracuja concealer (the one in the tube)? with that you wouldn't need color corrector too because it is heavy coverage. And a little goes a long way it is super creamy and pigmented.

I have really dark circles as well and I've been using the NARS Radiant Creamy concealer everyday and I never have to double up with a corrector. I've recently started using Clinique's foundcealer - I got a super generous sample size of it for 100 pts and that deluxe sample contains more than my NARS full size concealer and to be honest, the formula, while thicker, does exactly the same job as my NARS! So if you could find a deluxe size of that clinique one in your shade, I'd say skip the NARS and try that.

:doh::loser:See I jumped into that dang trend! To color correct or not to color correct...Though I do like the Becca Under Eye...it adds some brightness. But you ladies are correct! A really good concealer does the job for most! Samples are the best thing evaaah! That will be my next Sephora quest...some concealer samples. ;)

fur4elise

Shars

Going back to the latest Viseart! Swatches of the Theory palettes on Temptalia!
What is exciting to me is that Christine says these pop out of their palettes, not glued but magnet! :icon_cheers:
Perfect! As I really like being able to mix & match, especially now that I have those awesome MUFE palettes! I am all in for Minx! :heart: I just love the colors!

Oooh they pop out, do they? That changes everything! I know for sure I want Minx but I can't decide if I want/need the other two! I'm leaning more towards Chroma though. I hope these will pop in stock by the time the sale starts. If not, Frends Beauty's sale it is!

Haven

All I plan to get is a new clarisonic. Mine officially died today (no longer works even though charged up), so I am taking that as a sign.

elegant-one

All I plan to get is a new clarisonic. Mine officially died today (no longer works even though charged up), so I am taking that as a sign.

:popc1: Sooo not believing that :rofl::marchmellow:A bunch of us already ordered Bicoastal LOL!!!!!!! We all have your no patience LOLOLOL!!!

Haven

:popc1: Sooo not believing that :rofl::marchmellow:A bunch of us already ordered Bicoastal LOL!!!!!!! We all have your no patience LOLOLOL!!!

So now I have a clarisonic and bicoastal in my cart LOL

Do I wait until tomorrow when bicoastal probably will go OOS during the sale? Or do I hit place order now? How lucky do I feel right now?

Mayanas

I placed my order. Just the lipstick and the blush.

i want the liquid lipstick but they are the permanents and Temptalia has swatches of the palette and doesnt look good ??????

revoltofagirl

Why don't you try tarte maracuja concealer (the one in the tube)? with that you wouldn't need color corrector too because it is heavy coverage. And a little goes a long way it is super creamy and pigmented.

That's actually the concealer I'm currently using (that plus maybelline fit me in fair for more of a highlight). Maybe I'm just not applying it correctly? Because darkness still peeks through at the bottom edge of my circles. You can't tell in my profile pic because of editing but maybe you can kinda see the shadow that's still there? I feel in person it's much more pronounced. :(

revoltofagirl

Ended up getting the Anastasia shadows through Ulta. I called customer service about not getting a 20% code and they emailed me a platinum code (I'm not platinum!) I was only on hold for a short period of time and received the email almost instantly. Great customer service! (Take note, Sephora!) So I won't be getting eyeshadow at the Sephora sale. Also took the Tarte glam goodies discovery set out of my basket. I mainly wanted the lip color and the mascara (I don't really need the shades in the eye palette but I'm sure I would've used them) because Ulta has the same liquid lip with a lipliner and I got that with my 20% off and I got the mascara as a 100 point perk. I also took the KVD rust quad out of my basket because I really only want the orange shade and I bought 3 different orange-red-brown shades from Anastasia so I think I'm good. ha. Plus I'm sure I'll eventually get the original Shade & Light eye palette.

so right now my basket is super boring. Eye makeup remover, brush cleanser. Might still get the MUFE concealer. I was right about r20 being rrrrreally light. but r22 was super peachy. I might need to get y21 or y23... they felt more lightweight than the Tarte maracuja concealer I'm currently using. I'm starting to think nothing is going to cover my awful circles :/

edit: actually the Tarte lip set at Ulta are both full-size items! (for $25) so that's better than the Glam Discovery set especially if you don't need/want the eye palette!!

Last edited:

Jayjayy

I placed my order. Just the lipstick and the blush.

i want the liquid lipstick but they are the permanents and Temptalia has swatches of the palette and doesnt look good ������

I just got the mirror and lipstick because there were some perks I wanted, and I had an online gift card. I'll get the other 2 things I want in store today, for the free tote. It'll be a small haul for me.

Sabrunka

Well, I'm glad I grabbed my bicoastal by tom ford last night! I knew it would be gone by the time I woke up.

Latest posts