All Things Sephora

montREALady

Omg!! UD Alice lipstick in person!!! It's gorg! I didn't pay attention to the description on Sephora but when I swatched it at UD today I loved the pink shift! And not like how the MAC Cinderella lippies were, I like the UD formula better. I didn't buy it because I'd prefer to use the end of my Sephora GC and hoard some more samples.:p;)

Prettypackages

Me neither, I bought 3 Milani Mattalics and ordered some Wet N Wild metallic mattes a couple days ago but the vibrancy of the King K is different than the Milani. I'll see how the WnW ones are.

Except she's not a "nobody", come on now, she's a "Kardashian", that alone is why she can do it :rolleyes:. My issue isn't the price of the products, it's that $8 shipping charge and no Paypal thing. Super annoying. But the quality of her stuff is better than ColourPop imo. You get what you pay for I guess.

I've never been to IMATS but I'm glad I went to TMS and thoroughly enjoyed it. I bought early bird tix in March for the Ipsy one in September and I already know it will be like how you described IMATS to be. I think what makes it different is that TMS isn't for the general public. That's when it turns into "fanboy" city. Because people in the industry could care less about a YT sensation. They are about building their kit and absorbing as much info as they can get for their career.
I'm still kicking myself for missing the one in LA. CHicago's used to be in May/June (I thought) But I'll have to wait until October. which might be a good thing. I'll have more money. (Hopefully) LOL

Prettypackages

I'm also wondering how different the new UD formula will be. A few they brought back were streaky in the older version. I'd be willing to try them again if they are indeed improved.

DILLIGAF

Thanks Shars and Montrealady! I follow Danessa on IG as well and missed the annoucement that there would be education at TMS pop-up here. I can't wait!!!

I went to Sephora last week and bought Buxom's liquid lipstick in Criminal. The color was a beautiful purple. I was going to wear it Wednesday when I went to the zoo, but alas, as I was about to put it on I saw two words that stopped me in my tracks! LIP PLUMPER!!!! Why Buxom WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stormborn

Lancome bienfait UV spf 50

Skinceuticals does great sunscreen. I also like the Paula's Choice Resist one with SPF50. That's especially good under makeup and doesn't break the bank.

I really like the Drunk Elephant one under makeup but it doesn't play that well if you have dry skin flakes.

i like Coola.

Thank you all! I'll have to look into all of these. I've been avoiding the sun like a vampire this week until I find my SPF.

I made the mistake of ordering one of the UD lipsticks and I can't believe I never tried them before! I got matte 1993 and I'M OBSESSED. I really didn't think I was going to like it much but it's the perfect brown on me and not orangey at all like I was afraid of. The formula itself is comfortable and dare I say not drying at all. I'm really hopping off the liquid matte train these days.

On the topic of lip colours, I'm still on the fence about the Huda Beauty lip contours. On one hand, the colours are nice and they do last through quite a bit (lasted through chicken strips and iced coffee!), but on the other hand, they feel sticky (like a primer might) despite the marketing that they can be worn alone. They are pricey for the amount of product you're getting (they're creamy so you end up using more), and the colours are not very unique. Not a BAD product but I don't think they are worth the $19 USD/ $25 CAD price tag. That is approaching luxury prices. I love Huda as a blogger but idk about all these Reality/IG personalities starting lines and charging top dinero for average products.

Last edited:

DMcG9

Thank you all! I'll have to look into all of these. I've been avoiding the sun like a vampire this week until I find my SPF.

I made the mistake of ordering one of the UD lipsticks and I can't believe I never tried them before! I got matte 1993 and I'M OBSESSED. I really didn't think I was going to like it much but it's the perfect brown on me and not orangey at all like I was afraid of. The formula itself is comfortable and dare I say not drying at all. I'm really hopping off the liquid matte train these days.

On the topic of lip colours, I'm still on the fence about the Huda Beauty lip contours. On one hand, the colours are nice and they do last through quite a bit (lasted through chicken strips and iced coffee!), but on the other hand, they feel sticky (like a primer might) despite the marketing that they can be worn alone. They are pricey for the amount of product you're getting (they're creamy so you end up using more), and the colours are not very unique. Not a BAD product but I don't think they are worth the $19 USD/ $25 CAD price tag. That is approaching luxury prices. I love Huda as a blogger but idk about all these Reality/IG personalities starting lines and charging top dinero for average products.

The Lancome Bienfait is awesome! I got it last year when Monsy recommended it to me. It's not heavy and and doesn't take long to sink in before I put on my foundation. I find a little can be spread a long way when I apply it. :)

Winthrop44

The Lancome Bienfait is awesome! I got it last year when Monsy recommended it to me. It's not heavy and and doesn't take long to sink in before I put on my foundation. I find a little can be spread a long way when I apply it. :)

Just keep in mind with any sunscreen you need to use 1/4 teaspoon on your face to get the level of protection stated on the product. :)

Bubek07

im considering buying tarte water foundation
im a 4 in Armani Luminus silk should i go for fair light or light

p.s. i didnt find a tarte thread so thats why im posting here

Kaidan

Any thoughts on the Pat McGrath skin fetish highlighters? I have my eye on the nude/pink opalescent pigment but idk if they're worth the steep price.

pinkcrush

I figured I'd add my 2 cents in and say that I really found the formula of Too Faced Melted Matte liquid lipstick in Naughty By Nature is one of the most comfortable deep colors I have tried! It's the deep brown one btw. It felt like I had nothing on! It didn't have that gritty dry feeling that so may liquid lipsticks have either. Evil Twin will be my next purchase! Let's hope the formula is consistent, because we all know dark liquid lipsticks or dark lipsticks in general can be a hit or miss!

Latest posts