All Things Sephora

MsGlossy

this is exactly why I have not been on since the switch. :( I know everyone is having to adapt to change, but the fact that since it's finals week and I can only check once in a while.... the thought of having to sift through old posts and read backwards and not pick up where I left off has really really really been deterring me. To me, it makes no logical sense to read "backwards" or "up" the page. It's kept me from even attempting at catching up. I know there is a feature to flip it but it still gets confusing. Hopefully being able to pick up where we left off is on top priority because it's very frustrating without it. I miss my specktra ladies dearly!!!!!!!!!!!

Try going to Settings >> General Settings >> for 'Thread Display Mode' select Linear - Oldest First from the drop-down menu and then save. That should display the oldest posts first so you don't have to read backwards.

stephshopaholic

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the new format either but at least the board is still here. It moves a lot slower now though, probably because it's a pain to navigate

laurennnxox

Absolutely. It makes coming here a chore for me. It's an eyesore and I hate how it never picks up where I left off in a thread. smh

I think I figured it out!!! When threads have new posts, just to the left of the thread title, there is a tiny blue circle with white triangles. If you click it, it takes you to where you should be on the thread. I think. I've been testing it out on random threads and I think it's accurate!

That took me a dang week to figure out. While I am thankful we're still here, I wish it was more intuitive and use friendly.

starletta8

I know I'm not in the Sephora thread since I'm still on my personal Sephora boycott.

Nope, still not getting emails and no mail of the coupon. I'm not chasing them.

shontay07108

I think I figured it out!!! When threads have new posts, just to the left of the thread title, there is a tiny blue circle with white triangles. If you click it, it takes you to where you should be on the thread. I think. I've been testing it out on random threads and I think it's accurate!

That took me a dang week to figure out. While I am thankful we're still here, I wish it was more intuitive and use friendly.

LOL I've gone into a couple of threads since the last time I posted and it actually picked up where I left off. That's good, but I'm still not a fan of the new look and the little emoticons from what I've seen.

montREALady

Agree. Personally I come on a lot less because of the changes. Even as I type this its skipping letters and moving slooowly. I'm grateful we're still here!! but ugh

Same here, I've been on a lot less. I just put a post up and it said it was a duplicate...which it wasn't. Oh good, I just checked and it did in fact post. I thought I had to do it again.

VioletSparkles

If you enjoy collecting cute little mini perfumes, this is for you: The code MERRYMINI is live.
01_fragrance_mini.jpg

singer82

Hey all! Been away for a bit. How everyone is well :wavey: I spent way too much money on a tv and ps4, sephora haul n boots. So I'll be taking it easy on makeup for a bit. But still love to hear of everyone's hauls n such. :heart:

AND HEY ITS MY 4,000th POST :boink:

Last edited:

Ingenue

Any brown girls try the expanded shade range of the Too Faced Born This Way foundation? I'm curious about it.

I want my discount card, Sephora. :bat::bat::bat:

There wasn't enough yellow in it for me. It came out too 'brown.' I had the same problem with the new Marc Jacobs formula. I'm having a hard time with new foundations lately. I need to just go back to my old staples and sit down.

MaryJane

Just ordered the UD Gwen Palette from Nordies. I don't know how that happened since I said I didn't need it. :D

I'm in the same boat as you! I said I had no interest in this palette but yet I ordered it the first day it was available. It got so many good reviews from the bloggers on You Tube that I like that I had to check it out.

MaryJane

I might be the only one but the new look and feel of the site doesn't bother me at all. It did take some getting used to. As far as the site not picking up where I was last in a thread is usually not an issue for me...I'm pretty good at remembering the page I was on.

I'm just thankful that this site is available. Considering all the work the mods have done to get the new site up and running, which I'm sure took a lot of their time, I don't have any right to complain b/c it doesn't look and behave like the old site.

elegant-one

Hey all! Been away for a bit. How everyone is well :wavey: I spent way too much money on a tv and ps4, sephora haul n boots. So I'll be taking it easy on makeup for a bit. But still love to hear of everyone's hauls n such. :heart:

AND HEY ITS MY 4,000 POST :boink:

YAY!!! 4000 posts is a milestone :sunshine: Oh, have fun with your new TV & PS4! We just got the PS4 too :five:

stormborn

I know, I keep thinking my phone is just messing up and not loading everything right.

My phone won't even load the threads!

Dammit!! Just when I thought I was going to use my gift card on the chocolate Bon Bon. :mad:
I went against my low buy during Black Friday, but I haven't made a single purchase for cyber Monday. I'm sticking to my guns and giving myself a $75 budget and that's before the gift card.

LOL. I'm surprised I didn't, I actually didn't buy ANY makeup (okay, just a couple sheet masks). I'm planning one last hurrah and that's IT until the new year at least. I had to force myself to sit down when MAC had the 25% off promo this weekend. I texted my mom a picture of the Warm face kit and told her it was on sale that day only. I have my fingers crossed it will be under the Christmas tree.

Latest posts